Saturday 31 August 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Crafting, Because it's cheaper than therapy..

Until you see the receipt from the craft shop! 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

How are you all doing?  Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend?  

For us it will be more of the same, I have managed to swim in the sea for 3 days in a row,  although it seemed a bit colder yesterday, we still stayed in for getting on for a couple of hours, I was just floating in a large inflatable ring, it was pure heaven!          We may go and do some touring around over the weekend,  I'm up for it but I think Paul and girls are just happy to relax and read.  



As we walked through Sand Dunes to the next town along the coastal path, there was a lovely floral scent in the air, it was coming from these lovely flowers, there were loads of them,  so I took some photos so that I could find out what they are called.  They are called Sea Daffodils or Sand Lily's. 


Creative Stamping Magazine 

Issue 138




I finally found an issue of Creative Stamping that I would use, I look every month but simply haven't liked one issue for months, so I am pleased that I cancelled my subscription. 
I quite liked the the Colarado Craft Company stamps in this issue, plus the inspiration was good too.   So I thought I would share it with you  



Vanessa Hodgson has used the stamps with the Emboss Resist technique and I love how they have all turned out, especially the green one!  She has mostly used Distress inks.  






Helen has used the stamps to create different Wreaths, the stamps work perfectly,  its good to use all the little stamps too.  I have shared a close up of her method of creating wreath without stamp platform.  (Just zoom in) 




Sarah Phelan has given us a Tissue Paper Technique Masterclass.   She has used it to create 5 different projects.  Using  Layered Stamps, stamps with stencils, Sprays amd Inks to give different effects too.  The one hint she gives is to use the slightly rougher side of the tissue paper.  Use glue in fine layers too to prevent the paper tearing.  Use strong tones to add colour as the tissue paper will mute the colours.  She has greated a lovely selection of cards.  If you want any more information please let me know.



Glynis has used the free paper downloads to create these beautiful cards in traditional Christmas colours. 



Mel Jones has done a "Stretch Your Stash' feature on Nesting Dies,  she has created some really different effects.  I have to say I really live those Chloe Creative cards Decorative Square dies on the third card 😍.  



Vicky has used the papers combined with the stamps to create some great Christmas gift ideas.




Maggie has used the stamps in a totally different way,  all of these cards have a Contemporary/ Clean and Simple style.  I especially love the last two. 

I really like the inspiration in this magazine,  I think that the different techniques are all things that we would all use too. 

******************

I hope that you all have a lovely Saturday, 

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I love the cartoon But we’ve earned it That flower is so attractive and thank you for the magazine review Seeing that “face” on the front cover did you know Phill Martin has left C&C and will be appearing on Hobby Maker
    We’re off to Chelmsford races today with some friends There is a concert this evening called Classic Ibizia or something like that
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Beautiful cards over the last three days.
    The one you shared on yoyrbirthday is gorgeous, I love it, the colours work beautifully together don’t they. I actually treated myself to the same issue as you as I really liked the stamps. There are several cards that I want to make so maybe we can make them together when you get home xx
    And so great to see that you have been able to get in the sea to really relax. I don’t like going in over my waist, usually just float on my back or sit in the shallows so the waves break over over my shoulders. Definitely not out of my depth. I hope you manage to get lots more swims in my lovely xx
    Brenda it’s good that you had a lovely visit to St Christopher’s. Gentle hugs xx
    Lilian, I hope you didn’t have too much washing in the line when it broke. Everything has gone up so much hasn’t it! Xx
    I had a long tense day with Pop who wanted to get out of the home so he can get up to Scotland to live in a tent. No surprise that I then had two days of migraines but feeling much better today.
    I hope you all have as good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sand lilies are lovely, it must have been a lovely experience walking through the sand dunes and have the beautiful perfume of the lilies fill the air.
      It’s great that you have been able to get in the sea and just relax, float and feel weightless, I’m sure it must have made your body feel calm and relaxed.
      Great magazine review, thank you for making the time to share this with us.
      Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.Take care and stay safe.
      Love Brenda xxx

      Delete