Monday 26 August 2024

Something bright to start the week




Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

We were well and truly teased yesterday morning,  we got up and had breakfast around 8am and there wasn't a breath of wind, so we got ready for the beach thinking "ooh the weather forecast was wrong ",  packed the bare essentials because we thought thst we'd only stay an hour as the wind was bound to pick up as I checked 2 forecasts.  We set off all excited to be finally getting our toes in the Med  !!! As we approached the beach gate I said "oh it sounds like its quite rough" but we carried on, got along the walk way to see proper surfing 🏄‍♂️ 🌊 🏄‍♀️  body boarding waves!  🤣😔 there was no way I was getting in there, it was also quite windy on the beach, so we retreated to the pool, got our sunbeds in the shade,  Paul came back and changed our beach stuff to pool stuff and got his book and my kindle, we then got straight in the pool while it was so quiet and had a good hour 🏊‍♂️ swimming and relaxing.  Our decision was a good one as by about 11am the wind had really picked up and everyone was leaving the beach and coming to pool.  We stayed until around 4.30pm, came home and got ready to take the coastal path to the next village, it takes about 45 minutes,  we had a lovely pizza there last year so decided to go back and see if it wss still good,  we weren't disappointed.  The owner insisted Paul have a free liqueur at the end of our meal,  it was black, looked awful,  it was aniseed flavour,  he said it was quite nice, I tastes a tiny bit and to me it tasted like Night Nurse !!  I was worried he was going to tip me over the sand dunes on the way back!!   I can see the headlines "Drunk in charge of wheelchair "  It would have been an interesting landing as its a nudist beach at that part 🤣😂

I used my "Expressions in Ink' stamps, dies and papers to create this card.  I die cut the the main piece and popped it in my stamp platform,  I then roughly placed the background stamps in the right position on the die cut, so that you could see the inked flowers/ foliage through the die cut,  its impossible to get it exact,  but it still looks really effective.  I used a gold striped piece from the matching papers as the background,  the sentiment is a Tim Holtz stamp. 


I hope that you all have a good start to the week and enjoy the Bank Holiday, 

Love & Hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your pretty card today, it certainly brightens up my day 😍
    Sad you couldn’t get to go on the beach, but sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day in and around the pool 🥰
    I had a little chuckle at the thought of Paul being drunk in charge of the wheelchair, and you flying over the sand dunes and landing on the nudist beach 😂 It would’ve certainly been a holiday to remember 😳😉
    Not much planned for today, will probably see Marks Mum, but other than that it’ll be a quiet one.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is pretty and very summery
    For a Bank Holiday the weather seems OK but there’s a definite breeze!
    You did make me smile with the idea of Paul being drunk in charge of a wheelchair!
    No Craftea today A bit of tidying up and then hope to head to my craft room for a play I would like to finish my version of Tracy Evans Snippet 16
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card. Like the gold shine of it all.
    What a shame it's so windy but you still had a good day around the pool. It's very windy here too and the morning felt like the first day of autumn but fingers crossed that it be warmer again in a few days because I'm definitely not ready to get the jumpers out just yet.
    Went in to town this morning to pick up my new glasses and then had a walk around. It came to 1.8 miles and I felt it too so not done much this afternoon.
    Hoping that you all have a good day, take care. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete