Monday 19 August 2024

White Embossing on Distress oxide background

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

We have an early start today and a l9ng journey ahead but thats made much easier because I have the best travelling companion,  I will no doubt be struggling by the end of today due to stiffness and pain but I am used to that, Paul makes sure that we stop often for toilet breaks and having a little walk about for our circulation!  We will be listening to a fun selection of nostalgic music along the way too.

Now while I was waiting for Paul to finish the packing I got another card made,  I went for a Distress oxide background using  Broken China, Cracked Pistachio & Wilted Violet inks, I started by smooshing the colours onto my craft mat individually,  spritzed well with water and dipping my watercolour card in, drying between layers,  once I was happy with the inking I blended a little of the Broken China around the edges. Once I had made sure my background was totally dry I did a quick dusting over with antistatic bag.  I decided on Hero Arts Leafy Swirl (I think), I inked it with Versamark and repeated as I think the ink gets more absorbed when you have used Oxides,  after a good inking I used white Embossing powder and heat set.  I love that delicate, swirly design over that lovely background. I finished the card with a die cut Hello and a printed sentiment.  

I hope that you all have a great start to the week, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx



6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love everything about your beautiful card, it’s stunning 😍
    I hope you’re enjoying your breakfast in last nights hotel, and have a good journey to your next stop 😘
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe journey and hope BECCA gets on OK today
    The background of your card is amazing and only needs that simple sentiment
    We’re on grandparent duty this week! Today we hope to take them strawberry/raspberry picking The farm also has a playground
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, drizzle and wind today, at least it saves watering the pots.

    Sandra hope the trip is going well. Hope your hotel is good tonight.

    Todays card is so unusual, love the background and the white embossing powder, very delicate looking
    Not much else doing managed to make another four cushion covers, bright fabric to lift the dull grey of the sofas.
    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I love everything about this card from the gorgeous colours to the background to that beautiful delicate stamp and s lovely sentiment. I hope today’s leg of the journey has been uneventful for you both. As you say just having Paul all to yourself makes for a wonderful trip no matter how far it is xx
    Lilian, please will you share your cushions with us. I know we all love to see your creations xx
    Karen, I hope you all enjoyed strawberry picking. No doubt some didn’t reach the basket 🥰 xx
    I spent most of the day with Pop after having all of the grands overnight then swimming with all of them in the morning. I think, no, I know I will definitely need a good nap tomorrow afternoon 😴 Lovey to have time with them all 🥰
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your card Sandra. Very pretty with the white embossment of flower's.
    Hoping the journey goes well and you are staying in a good place tonight. Hoping that Rebecca is alright and it's all went well.
    OH and I drowe a short distance to a village this morning, Winslow ,just to see something else and to come out a bit. It wasn't much there but we had a cuppa in a pub anyway before we went back home. I did some crafting at last and hopefully I can make some more tomorrow.
    Happy you all had a good day, sleep well tonight. Many hugs, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone
    I hope by now you are both relaxing at your overnight stop over.
    Today’s card is really beautiful, I love the colours you have used they work so well together creating a perfect background for the Leafy swirl stamp.
    Will say goodnight to you all, sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete