Saturday 17 August 2024

Mixed Up Saturday


 

Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all having a lovely Saturday,  have you got anything planned?  

We are full on busy today, playing catch up with holiday organising and packing.  Paul will do pretty much everything,  i just have to make sure we have everything in the right bags etc.  

I had a lovely OT lady visit me yesterday morning, she asked what was the one thing she could do to make my life easier.  I said 'The Stair lift"  she sat and went through all the assessment forms and measurements were done.  She wanted me to go up stairs and get in and out of the shower and on the bed,  but I really didn't have the energy to go up the stairs again,  so I said would she mind if I didn't,  I was in pain and didn't want to take any ŕisks before leaving for holiday on Sunday, I explained how I managed the stairs etc,  so she went up on her own and took all the measurements.  She listed the bathroom bits that would help me, a grab rail in the bathroom,  another toilet raise for upstairs loo, the most exciting bit of kit she is going to get me is a thing that goes in the bath, you sit on it, lift your legs in and it lowers you down into the water,  when your done it raises back up to the edge of the bath and you lift your legs over and stand up, how amazing is that,  I can't wait for it so I can have a bath!   The most frustrating thing is that she doesn't the stair lift will work,  there isn't room enough for seat to land, I am so gutted, I really wanted one of thone of those more than anything else, to have a little independence 😢 

Paul got home mid afternoon,  got a few jobs done,  then Becca invited us out for dinner for Paul's birthday,  we had a lovely dinner, it was lovely to spend time with her too.  She dropped the bombshell that she is having her elbow surgery on Monday, she said 'Mumma you will come with me won't you'  oh Ladies I felt so bad telling her that would be on our way to france by then,  if it was a week earlier I could have changed our dates but they won't do it so close to our arrival,  its 3 hotels and channel tunnel too, Adam has the day off on Monday so he can stay with her, I said I will be at the end of the phone.  I hope and pray it all goes smoothly,  she is having all of the arthritic debris scraped out of her elbow, so that she can straighten it a little,  she will have her arm in a sling for a few weeks. 

Karen




Karen's Description: 

I’ve been crocheting poppies (10 already given) for John Lewis at their Knit and Natter and some pink ribbons for October for breast cancer

Whilst out shopping I got the chance to go to Hobbycraft and picked up these Sizzix layering stencils £12 each reduced from £22

Karen your Crochet Poppies and Breast Cancer Ribbons look amazing,  you are so incredibly skilled,  I love seeing what you make,  it must be such a lovely feeling knowing that you have been able to raise money for charities of all kinds.           Thank you so much for allowing me to share them with our friends.  


Karen's Description:  

Whilst out shopping I got the chance to go to Hobbycraft and picked up these Sizzix layering stencils £12 each reduced from £22

Ooh don't you love a bargain ladies!!! 😊  these stencils were a great bargain too being half price!!  I really like both designs, the bird one is a really popular design in all the different craft tools, stamps and  dies as well, I can't wait to see how you get on with them, the flowers with that lovely background are great too, very 'on trend'.

Thank you so much for allowing me to share your craft goodies my lovely XXX 

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx



3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone.
    Like the saying, nearly true in my case 😉
    Love the poppies you have made Karen and the ribbons for cancer. Think it's purple for men but I might be wrong.
    Made a card this morning for tomorrow. The week went so quickly and I was out quite a bit and with the heat I didn't really feel like it. Another lovely day here again so hoping you all have the same. Take care. Hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely crochet items Karen, they’re fabulous ☺️ I love your bargain stencils too 😍
    I’m hopeful that by now, you have the majority of packing done Sandra, and you’re able to relax a little 🥰
    Glad to hear you all had a lovely evening celebrating Paul’s Birthday.
    Sorry to hear about the stair lift, but glad they’re able to provide some bits for the bathroom 🥰
    Hope everyone has had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What’s going on! I know I wrote a comment earlier Great saying I hope this late in the day that everything is sorted for the holiday
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete