Wednesday 14 August 2024

Kraft Embossed Christmas card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you all as well as can be expected, sending gentle hugs to those of you struggling. πŸ€— 

I had a lovely day yesterday,  Sonia came over and we went out to lunch and Becca and Lucy came too,  we had yummy pizzas at the Terrace at Bull Burford,  it was lovely to eat out in the sun.   It was lovely to catch up with Becca too, I haven't seen her for weeks.  We had a browse in a couple shops, they have a traditional old sweet shop on the high st, the sold a lot of the sweets I remember from my childhood, I bought some 'Sherbert Pips" and some 'Cinder toffee'  (honeycomb), I ask the lady if people still asked for 'a quarter' of sweets, like we used too, she said yes they do!  

Today's card is the one that is a 'Happy Accident',  it has the blue on the other side that I used for yesterdays card.  I put the card in the folder the wrong  way around,  it turned into todays card and I quite like it.

After the kraft card was embossed I very lightly went over the raised areas with a White ink pad, you only want to hit the vey highest embossed area, so its highlighted. I then added some white embossing powder and heat set,  this made the white whiter and adds a little shine too.  The detail is incredible on this Spellbinders folder.  For the sentiment I chose to stamp the sentiment on vellum so that most of the detail was still visible.  The final finishing touch was some little gems. 

I hope that you have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx







5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card today 😍The embossing looks fabulous on the Kraft core card.
    We did have a lovely day yesterday, didn’t we. Thank you again 😘
    Been raining through the night, and typical I’ve got a basketful of laundry to do! It’s still quite warm so hopefully it won’t take too long to dry indoors.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossing looks lovely on Kraft card Adding the white embossing powder really makes it pop I don’t have white ink I wonder how intense using Versamark and white powder would work
    Sounds like you had a lovely scrummy day yesterday Mind you that’s one thing I cannot do and that’s eat outside! The risk of flies/wasps etc! Daft I know Something must have happened as a child and it’s spooked me
    We’re waiting on the builders to do the last little bit Not sure if/what time so I hope to go into craft room (as it’s cooler - still no rain)
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it’s very hot and humid here, sorry I didn’t comment yesterday, I felt a bit down, after seeing the physiotherapist, and learning that I will have to learn to live with the pain in my and my back. Nothing more anyone can do.

    Loved both cards yesterday’s and today’s, very creative.
    I have been making a card for my granddaughter’s eleventh birthday. Going to Sandra demo from Saturday next when my back is feeling better.
    Hope you all enjoy the lovely sunshine. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love this craft card with it's white and embossed effect .
    Have yet to do some crafting, hoping to have some time tomorrow but going out in the afternoon so will see how I feel afterwards.
    Had a very nice day today out with family and a good lunch.
    I feel for you Lilian πŸ˜”, I too have been told to learn to live with the pain but some days you do wonder where to turn. Sending you gentle hugs and to anyone not too good.
    Take care everyone. Hugs to you all, Maria πŸ€— xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Kraft card with the white embossed detail .
    How lovely Sonia managed to visit you yesterday and you were both able to enjoy a lunch with two of your girls, that sounds like a real treat.
    I went to the optician today to get a eyes tested, needless to say my prescription has changed and I need new glasses.
    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete