Wednesday 7 August 2024

Tis the Season, mixed media card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday flew by in a blur,  The car went to get serviced,  then Lucy wanted me to go to Witney with her to do some holiday shopping,  we did get a lot ticked off the list, by the time we got back it was time to drive to Swindon to collect the car, poor lucy spent most of yesterday driving,  she headed straight home, Paul wanted to pop to shops and get fuel, so I think we got home about 7pm, I was exhausted!  Nice to get some holiday jobs ticked off though. 

Now todays card won't be everyone's 'cup of tea ' but it would make a good man card,  I used my Tim Holtz Poinsettia embossing folder, I used a brayer to layer on some Black Soot Distress Ink,  only a thin coat though, I learnt that the hard way that smooshing lots of ink on gives a very dark end piece,  I used the side with the recessed poinsettia to add the ink, it looks much better with a grey tone.  I used a cheap piece of watercolour card spritzed both the card and folder with a fine spritz of water and ran through the machine 3 times.         Once I had dried the piece I used a script stamp to add so Gold embossed stamping on the edges of the card for interest.  I also stamped the 'Tis the Season ' at the top left of the card and gold embossed along with the flower centres. I matted and layered onto gold metallic card and then onto a black base card.


I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love this card Sandra.The poinsettia is gorgeous.
    I haven't put colour directly to the embossing folder, I will give it a go but no card making again today and it seems like our decorator will be here again tomorrow :(
    Going out for some hours but not sure where yet but it seem like a nice sunny day. Hoping you all have a good day and that aches and pains are better. Hugs to you all , Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my cup of tea!
    Not much to report- at the dentist later I will be looking for a new NHS dentist as my current one is going private I wouldn’t mind but the “private” work I have had there has been awful
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your card, it’s fantastic 😍
    Frustratingly I’m still not crafting! I’m off work this week and had a few things planned, but not done much at all! Not sleeping very well either, and was up for a couple of hours last night 😫 Sadly our plans for today have had to be rescheduled for next week, I’m so sorry to let you down Sandra, but thank you for understanding 😘
    I hope you’re all keeping well. Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I love today’s card it definitely sings to me, a real tasteful and classy design.
    Your day yesterday sounds hectic you must have been exhausted.
    Pleased Paul got the car back, he can now start getting your holiday packing done
    Take care Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening all, a grey day here and quite windy.

    Love your card Sandra, I always wanted that embossing folder but never found it. Disappointingly the I’m Holtz stamp I ordered they have just let me know is sold out, so annoying when it’s in stock when you order.

    Glad you have a successful service of the car, now you can start getting ready to go away.

    Good night all, sleep well . Lilian

    ReplyDelete