Friday 23 August 2024

Something Festive for Friday

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that today finds you all in good spirits,  Karen I imagine you will be exhausted after the fun you have with the boys,  I'm sure that any aches and pains are worth every minute that you spent entertaining them.  

We had a very quiet day yesterday,  just sat by the mobile home, Paul kept nodding  off in his chair so I suggest we just went to bed.  We both needed it. Well I Hope the warm sunshine stretches far enough to cover you too. 😘

Todays card is a 'throw back' card from 2018,  its a fu technique,  using juat ine colour!!

I have added the YouTube tutorial link below:

https://youtu.be/0EfFco07WTw


Today's card is one that I made 6 years ago (although it only seemed like last year) I am sure that most of you have a Christmas/Fir Tree stamp that you could use to make this card, thats pretty much all you need, that and one ink pad, it literally takes 10 minutes to make. There are two cards featured above as I wanted to show the difference between adding a white mat and not having one, I think it draws your eye in and makes the design stand out more. I think that this card would work well for a Christmas card for a Man, don't you?

Here is the Technique 

I took a piece of Whisper White card and then die cut a circle to use as a moon mask, I held that in place and blended the Night of Navy ink across the card, quite heavy at the top, continuing down to about half way and then blending out to the bottom of the card. I then Spritzed the card with a fine mist of water, I blotted it off and quickly dried it. I then took the large Christmas tree stamp and stamped it repeatedly over the bottom half of the card, no need to mask either.

Lastly I tapped a Waterbrush loaded with Whisper White ink over the card which gave the snow effect and stamped the sentiment inside the moon. You can also use a White Posca pen for the snow, it actually gives a 'whiter' snow.

I did two versions, one with and one without the white mat, it looks so much brighter with that white mat, it seems to pick up the white in the card.

The Card measurements are as follows:

Base Card 4 1/8 X 5 1/2 Inch Night of Navy

White Mat 3 7/8 X 5 1/4 Inch Whisper white

Top layer 3 6/8 X 5 1/8 Inch

You can actually make this card any size that you choose.

***********

No new challenge this week,  I would love it you could make cards using your favourite colours  and your favorite technique.  

I hope that you all have a great Friday,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 

Ps.  I apologise if there are a few mistakes in this I literally kept falling asleep as I was writing it, even though it was only 9pm ! 

5 comments:

  1. These are lovely cards and I agree that by adding the white mat really makes it pop
    We have had a great week with the boys They only stayed over for one of the nights but it felt weirdly quiet last night - might be coz OH was out and I was on my own as well
    I’m playing bowls this afternoon I’m still not very good I’m only there to make the numbers up They’re a great bunch of ladies and we have a laugh
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After your long journey I’m not surprised you were both so tired Have another relaxing day today - is your crafting friend there 🤣

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely cards, I agree the white mat does make it stand out more. Thank you for sharing ☺️
    I hope you’re having another relaxing day 🥰
    Karen, glad you had a lovely time with the boys ☺️ Hope the bowls games goes well.
    Looking forward to the weekend off, will be the last for a while!
    Have a good afternoon everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, it’s raining, so no watering for today.
    Love those cards on show today, the white mat definitely helps the picture standout.
    Hope the hols are going well, and you are beginning to relax with Paul and the girls when they come.
    We have our daughter and son in law down for the weekend.
    Just had beautiful fish and chip supper, which are gone so costly now, compared to a few years ago.
    I’ll wish you all a goodnight, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Second time around is still just as beautiful. I love it and I agree that the white border definitely brings your eyes into the scene.
    I’m glad that you both had a restful yesterday and I hope you have relaxed again today my lovely xx
    Karen, I hope you have managed to get some rest after having the boys. They are always worth it though aren’t they 🥰xx
    I have most of the day to myself tomorrow so having a good rest is on the cards first. I hope you all had s as good day and you sleep well tonight. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete