Thursday 8 August 2024

The last Christmas card for this Challenge

 


Good Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you well,  or as well as possible 😊. 

It turned much cooler yesterday, I almost felt likevI needed a cardiac on when we came out of hairdressers!   It's much easier to sleep though. 

Now I promise this is the last Christmas card using this gorgeous paper, you're probably all bored of seeing it.....



They are pretty though 😍!! 

Now on today's card I tried a new technique ( well kind of)!  It's clearly a simple design, just matted onto Garden Green and then onto the card base.       The paper has some Splatters on the background,  the lady that made the original version of this card (Stamp with Sue)  used echo'd this detail on the card base by adding the splatters using a Alcohol Marker (Stampin Blend), so I had a go, I used the brush end of the marker and flicked it against the edge of the cap, which gave perfect splatters, I was really impressed.  I never thought that you'd get a splatter from an alcoholic marker.  I will definitely be using it again!  

Did you enjoy making Christmas cards, did you know that there are only 20 Mondays to Christmas!! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx 




4 comments:

  1. A lovely card I will try doing splatters with a gold pen I really like the effect
    Dentist went OK I’m now left in a quandary as to whether to stay with this dentist or try another even if it means going private at one closer to home
    OH is going to the bowls club this morning He’s been promoted to hedge trimmer! So I hope to craft I don’t know about you but I feel bad (not that he minds) disappearing to my craft room when he’s around Out dancing tonight
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Another beautiful card using those lovely papers 😍 They are great for making a variety of cards as you’ve shown us over the last few days ☺️
    Had a very lazy day yesterday! I had a look through Pinterest and was inspired by a card that I even got the bits out ready to make….but that’s as far as I got! Maybe today will be the day πŸ˜‰
    I slept better last night too. I kind of feel I’ve wasted this week off work, but I guess sometimes you just need to rest and do nothing!
    I hope you’re all keeping well, and have a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I love today’s card as well as the other two using these gorgeous papers. I don’t know about everyone else but I really like to see different ways of using the same papers. And these ones are extra special as they are very reminiscent of some wrapping paper my Gran had used to cover a box with that held left over Christmas cards, gift tags and wrapping paper that lived in her back bedroom wardrobe. I was allowed to get it all out as long as I was careful and put it back neatly. I remember spending ages just looking at it all, a bit like looking through her button tin, which I now have and the grands still love looking at them too. It’s good to hear you and Lucy got some holiday shopping done and that the car is all sorted. I have everything crossed that I can get to you next week if only for a couple of hours to see you before you go xx
    Pop has settled in at the home well thankfully. I hope to get back to some sort of normal in the next couple of weeks 🀞🏼Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Another beautiful card with this pretty paper. Very nice.
    Have been to the dentist myself today after the two fillings she put in both fell out with three days apart πŸ˜” if this doesn't work it will have to be crown's, a pricey business this with the teeths .
    Sonia, you probably needed your rest after not sleeping so well. Hopefully the rest of the week will be better for you.
    I got a doctor's appointment in the morning but hopefully I can come home and get a card for Sunday done. Have missed not been able to get into the room so far
    Hope you are alright everyone and had a good day. Many hugs to you all and sleep well. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete