Monday 12 August 2024

Another card using Saturdays Tutorial





Good Monday Morning Ladies,  

Welcome to the start of another week, a lovely warm start too, although we are expecting storms later I believe,  I was flagging by the evening yesterday and I didn't even venture outside after lunch time, it was way too hot. 

Today I am sharing another card that I made using the technique I shared with you on Saturday,   I used blue and green distress inks for this one, used a paintbrush to add the colours to a piece of watercolour card, making sure every bit of white was covered, I then spritzed again, they dried the piece.  Inked up my Embossing folder with Versafine Clair Black ink, spritzed the back of the inked piece (to help getva good emboss). Then add the coloured card to the inked folder and carefully close and run through machine 3 times.  Re-ink if necessary and run through again.                                For this one I lightly (very) glided my clear embossing ink over the very top of the embossing,  **Make sure the ink is dry before adding embossing ink and add anti-static too**                                           I then added clear embossing powder tapped off any unwanted bits and heat set, this gave me shiney little highlights on the very edges of the leaves.                                                                                  To finish the card I added a triple stacked sentiment,  nothing more needed I wanted that background to be the main focus of the card.             I love this technique!!!! 

I hope that you all manage to stay cool and comfortable,  

Love and hugs to all 

Sandra xxx




5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Another beautiful card, I love that technique and I’ll be sure to have a go when I’m back to crafting ☺️
    It was so hot yesterday, and today is going to be another hot one!
    Didn’t do much at all yesterday, and nothing planned for today!
    Hope you all had a good weekend and have a good day today whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi very windy here, so no heat wave, in fact this morning when I went out to water my plants, there was a fine drizzle in air.

    Love todays card, going to have a try with mine to see if I can achieve the lovely effects you have.never had much luck inking the folder before , but this looks simple.

    Haven’t done much to day, apart from some ironing before it got hot, still more to do.
    Going to see the physiotherapist tomorrow morning, dreading having to do any exercises she gives me, Back and Knee so painful at the moment.
    Have a good evening , Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Another gorgeous card. I will try it too but quess mine will not turn out like yours 🤭
    Had an eye test this morning, need new lenses but keeping the frames. Afterwards I had a haircut so an expensive morning . Back home we just sat reading until the eyes got heavy and we had a nap.
    Hoping that you all are okay with this heat, it gets cooler soon again.
    Lilian take care. Tell exactly how you feel and hopefully she will listen.
    Sending hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I absolutely love this technique, both today’s and Saturdays cards are gorgeous. I will definitely be having a go at this technique. I’ve never had much luck adding inks to my efs either Maria but 🤞🏼I can get this right. Not sure I will get such a good embossed effect, you know how heavy handed I am but will try it. I also love the colours you used against the black, wonderful cards. Thank you so much for sharing my lovely, especially as you will have the usual lists of lists that we both seem to use when going away 🤭I hope you have a lovely time with Sonia tomorrow, good luck wherever you go to eat. We haven’t been out for ages so if it’s good tomorrow I will take you there for a belated birthday meal when you get back from holiday xx
    We had a great day at the game fair but yesterday was a bed day with a migraine. Today I took Pop for a drive in my new car which he really enjoyed. Once we got back to his room he laid on his bed and said thank you then I think he was asleep before I had even picked my bag up 🥰
    I hope you all sleep well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t know what’s happening to my comments I am sure I wrote and posted one this morning
    Anyway- this is a lovely technique and the addition of clear embossing powder looks great I have already had one try but not brilliant as the card slipped I am going to try again and tape it down on the back to see if that helps
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete