Tuesday 20 August 2024

A Brilliantly Funny Milestone card by Karen

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

Well yesterday seemed to be a very long day, I was mentally exhausted from the last few days of organising,  we were up at 7am for breakfast  as Paul wanted to be at Tunnel station in plenty of time,  while we were having breakfast I was in a message conversation with Becca who was already at hospital in preparation for her elbow surgery,  she was told she was first on the list so would be going down at around 8.45am,  she seemed fine but I could see she was nervous,  Adam was brilliant at keeping her company and distracted her mind.  We got on the road,  8 45 came and went, we were waiting at Tunnel Duty Free area to be called to board, only to be told that there was a delay,  an hour or more,  so I could have had an extra hour in bed!!  By now it was 11.30 and still Becca was waiting,  she was starting to get nervous and agitated,  which is understandable,  she was then told she was second on the list, her reply was "well i kind of worked that out'  she didn't end up going down to theatre until after 1pm,  Adam said he was relieved she had been taken as her nerves were getting the better of her.  We got on train at 12.10 ish and left at 12.20.  It was the longest afternoon,  i was constantly checking my phone,  it was supposed to take an hour to an hour 15 minutes,  she wasn't out until 5pm, she looked so poorly bless her, I was trying to hide the shock on my face, she definitely had a green tinge, the anaesthetic didn't agree with her.  She was shivering cold too.  She was getting frustrated as she was really sick but they were insisting that she ate an egg sandwich so they could send her home.  They had also prescribed her morphine but the pharmacy at the hospital was closed so it would take another 4 hours to get a prescription,  so they sent her home with codeine and told her to call her surgery today.   The operation was a success, they think they have got 95% of the movement back in her elbow 💪 which is amazing.   She needs to be patient now and recover,  she has been signed off work for 4 weeks.  

We hit Paris at rush hour but it wasn't too bad, we got to our hotel at about 7pm, so not too bad, but it felt like this day was a week long!!  They never warn you that you will worry as much about your children even when they are adults in the books about becoming parents !! 🤣

I am so honoured to be sharing one of Karen's recent 'Milestone ' Birthday cards.  They are so incredibly clever!  

Karen's Description:  

The latest milestone card 

As you can see it is for another member of the bowls club

The club badge in the background and the image has been used by the club in a poster I have decoupaged the bowlers and used glossy accents on the woods.

Karen you are so skilled when it comes to Serif, using the club badge as the background is genius and makes for such a brilliant personalised card. 

Thank you so much for allowing me to share your card.  XXX 

I hope that you all have a good day,

Love & Hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 


6 comments:

  1. I hope you’re recovering from your journey OK and that BECCA is feeling a lot better
    I have made 3 cards for the bowls club So another 2 to come hee hee! I struggled to find 3 different images but particularly like this one as the image is used on a poster
    Rain is forecast today so a little uncertain what we will do with the boys Probably painting and/or baking!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sunny but very windy again.

    Karen your cards are really great, I have a scan and cut, it’s an older model, I never used it much, feel guilty after spending so much money, also have a cricut which I have used slightly more. Might try and cut some layers for my cards at least they will be the same size.

    Sandra hope the journeys going well. How is Becca, probably a bit sore today, luckily she has a lovely person to look after her.
    Managed to finish my ironing this morning, am determined to keep up to date with it.
    Enjoy the lovely weather, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A fabulous card Karen. You find so many funny characters on your machine 🤣
    Sandra. Hoping your journey still going well and Paul do take plenty of rests in-between. OH only will do 2/3 hours journeys these days so not sure if we drive abroad again.
    Hoping you all have a good day and doing something that you enjoy.
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Great card Karen, the recipient will love it ☺️
    Hope your journey is going ok and you’re nearly at your next hotel ☺️
    I’m hoping Becca is feeling a bit better today. She’s in good hands with Adam. Try not to worry, but I know it’s easier said than done 🥰
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    I felt for you waiting to hear from Becca. At least it is done and she will have some degree of “normal” movement back. She will be fed up as the weeks go by but glad she had good pain meds today if she needs it. I was going to say give her a hug from me but that would be rather hard so please wish her a speedy recovery. I hope today has been much more relaxed for you and Paul xx
    Had another day with Paige, Chris jnr and Penny. We went swimming which was great fun. I am shattered now so I’m hoping for a quiet day tomorrow. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, sorry Karen. Your card is fantastic. Having the club badge as the background is a great idea. I can machine Mick face when he opened the envelope. I hope you had fun with the boys today whatever you did in the end. Thanks for sharing the lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete