Saturday 10 August 2024

Mixed up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

This is our last weekend to get organised before we go away next weekend, it feels like there are a million things to do before then but I'm sure we'll get through it ok.  Paul is in the office 3 days, we still need to get 2 new tyres, Euros, food that we take with us (as its way cheaper here), I have to sort something for Paul's birthday which is Friday, then Matt's for next week. I have my Bladder Clinic,  Soph wants me to go with her for her hair colour appointment and then I have an OT coming to look at what they can do to help with stairs, shower etc.!!  I am looking forward to Tuesday though as Sonia is coming over and we are going out for Lunch, which will be a welcome rest day x

A Fun Embossing Folder Technique 


I came across a fun way to get more use out of your embossing folders.



Start by taking a piece of Watercolour paper and using either Re-inkers (which is what the original version used)  but I didn't have the right colours so I simply smooshed Distress Inks onto my mat and the used them.  I started by spritzing my card with water and then using a paintbrush and water to get the colours onto your card, make sure you cover it all, some colours look lovely where they blend together,  keep applying until you have a good amount of colour.  
*It doesn't need to look pretty *

After adding colour spritz again....


Now  choose an Embossing folder and add black ink to the side that has the pattern debossed (not stuck out).  Put plenty of ink on....
Place your card into the folder and carefully close and put into your machine *Try not to move the card*


I ran it through 3 times and then added a bit more ink where needed.  Tip: if you open the folder carefully the card stays in place on the embossed side, carefully add ink and run through a couple more times.  



Now look at that !!! Isn't it amazing???  It literally makes no difference what you start out with, as long as your paper in completely covered.  I'm sure it will work with any ink , so have a play,  it can be messy but the results are worth a bit of mess. 


What do you think??? 

*****************

I hope that you all have a good Saturday, 

My love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 


4 comments:

  1. I think it’s an amazing effect I love it
    We are going to a 70th party this afternoon which will be lovely to catch up with some friends I am sitting here looking at all of the mess/clutter around with a million and one jobs running aromy head but cannot summon up the energy to get cracking
    I’ll finish my breakfast and then make a small start
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dull again, not sunny like yesterday.

    Love the new technique, will have a go this week. Love using embossing folders they give great effects for little effort.

    Hope you all have a relaxing weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love that quote 😉
    A beautiful card and technique, thank you for sharing ☺️
    Wow, you do have a busy week ahead of you 😅 I’m so looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 🥰
    Not as hot today as I thought it would be, but think we’re in for a bit of a heatwave tomorrow and Monday!
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    No problems here after I have been trying to craft, it's definitely a storm that has gone past 🤭😊
    Wow that is a beautiful card and a fun way to make it stand out. The colours are amazing . Might give this a go but don't like my embossing folders , need to get some new ones asap
    Had a lazy day today.. .
    Hope you had a nice day. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete