Tuesday 13 August 2024

Embossing on Kraft Core card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

How did you all manage in yesterday's heat?  We had a cloudy start to the day,  with about an hour of Thunder and a quick shower, it cleared up at lunchtime and was 28 degrees when I popped out  with Paul at 4 ish.  I didn't need to go but I went just to sit in air conditioned care for a while, I will say that I got a bit of a hot bottom when I got in the car (I had a dress on that rode up as I got in) our leather seats really do retain the heat.  It was lovely to sit in the cold air for an hour.   I couldn't get out and show my face anywhere though as I had washed my hair early morning and left it up in towel wrap all day, I went to dry it but my goodness it was way too hot to have the dryer blowing on me, so I abandoned that idea and just combed it through,  well when I looked in the mirror in the car I looked like I'd stuck my finger in electric socket!  Why do grey hairs go so unruly, mine are all where the show up  most, along part line and although my hair is poker straight my grey hairs are anything but straight,  sticking up at all angles! 🤣😂

Now on to today's card,  I have a pad of Tim Holtz Kraft-core card that I thought I should use, so I picked the best of the blues available,  spritzed it with water and embossed it with a Spellbinders Snowflake folder, I then used my sanding block and rubbed gently to reveal the Kraft Core, I wanted to enhance it a little so used a Versamark pad to hit the very top of the embossing and added clear embossing powder to give a little extra shine.  I then die cut the sentiment from Kraft card 3 times and stacked them. I added some contrasting blue gems to the centre of some of the snowflakes to finish.  

I hope that you all have a more comfortable day today, 

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. I forget to use Kraft card It’s a lovely idea I’ve had a play with the technique of taping the card down on the back does help
    After my eventful bus ride home yesterday I am tired Walking in heat is exhausting!
    Out dancing tonight thank goodness it’s cooler
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A lovely card and I'm planning to do some crafting on Thursday when our gardener is here . Fingers crossed I have something to show afterwards. Tomorrow seeing sister in law,her husband and cousin to OH and SIL down London way. Hoping it's not as hot but it be nice in the car. I'm smiling for myself here Sandra because I always had very straight hair but after gone through the menopause my hair is very curly after washing it 🤭 😊
    Hoping your list for the holiday getting shorter. If Sonia managed to come over I hope that you both had a good meal out together
    Sending hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card, and the blue Kraft core is beautiful 😍
    Thank you for a wonderful day today, and it was lovely to finally meet Becca ☺️ We had a lovely lunch with Lucy too, and was nice to see Paul. Just sorry I didn’t see Sophie this time xx
    I hope everyone has had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Another lovely embossed card. I like this e f.
    I’m sure you, Sonia and Lucy had a good lunch at Beccas. I keep forgetting her restaurant is near by now. I hope you are getting more ticks on your lists my lovely xx
    Sonia, I hopped you had a good journey both ways xx
    It has been cooler today with a lovely breeze which dried all of the throws and blankets so quickly. They all smell gorgeous now. My main job was getting ID’s and LPoA done for two more firms. I, well I mean Chris actually 🤭had to go through tech help for both as we couldn’t get my passport to scan on either system. I was starting to worry that there was something wrong with my passport but Chris was told it happens more often than not! So much for the “quick and easy” system. Anyway got there in the end.
    I hope you all had a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete