Sunday 4 August 2024

Your Christmas cards

 





Good Sunday Morning My lovelies,

I thought yesterday was going to be cooler but the whole day felt like we were about to have a storm, it was so muggy, I made it down to the veg patch with the aid of my walker, the benefit of it having a seat was essential.  Oh My Goodness 😲 the heavy rain has given the vegetables a growth spurt,  I was shocked,  frustratingly the weeds got a boost too 🙄! I wish they could take the dna of weeds and breed it into plants,  weeds seem to thrive in drought,  flood,  pest infestation,lack of nutrients!  If just one of those things happen to a plant you to grow they die!   Paul did the lawns, although they were still quite wet from the storms. 

Today is my favourite day of the week, sharing what you make gives me such pleasure. 😍

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week, a very simple card using an embossing folder I found on Amazon. The red paper came from a pad that I bought from Lidls many years ago.

I think I have this embossing folder too, I just forget I have them, I love how you have used it, that centre stripe looks so textured. Your very neat glitter dots finish this card beautifully.  
Thank you so much for getting a card made my lovely,  I know you struggled this week with R being unwell,  I hope he is feeling much better XXX 

Karen 

Karen's Description:

Here’s a Christmas card for the challenge 
The sentiment is from the embossing kit I have do ScanNCut So it can be resized and the baubles are Memory Box dies 
I quite like how the font sort of mimics the die xx

You have had a busy week on your craft room, making those amazing milestone birthday cards for your fellow bowlers, so I am so very grateful that you made a Christmas card for the challenge too.
I absolutely love the font you have chosen for your card, it works so will with the intricate details in those baubles. 
Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Maria


Maria's Description:

A little Christmas card for this week's CC.
I found some paper bought from the works.

The papers you have used are lovely Maria, Your layout is lovely too, really highlights how pretty those papers are.  
Thank you so much for battling the heat in your craft room to make a card  XXX

Gina 

Gina's Description:

This Christmas card was made using the free die on this months Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine,  the background is a really old Embossing Folder that I still use and love.

Love this card Gina, I didn't realise how nice the die was until I saw your card, its so intricate,  which you have really highlighted. 
Thank you so much for supporting the challenge XXX 

********************

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & Big hugs to all,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


2 comments:

  1. Ooh! Some lovely ideas for Christmas cards
    I will do my one again and maybe mat and layer it so that I can use bakers twine instead to wrap over the edge of card
    We’re just getting ready to go to Hertford Rock - a music festival of local bands in the grounds of Hertford Castle We’re really making use of our bus passes 🤣
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Very nice Xmas cards ladies, I love them all.
    Bed mattress to turn around today, it's not the easiest as bedroom is pretty small. I hate doing it but was told to do so......also washing day. Hanging nicely outside on the line to dry. Olympic to watch, crystal art to do, book to read and just for fun doing Spanish on Duolingo. Played this morning with a new crafting thingy, will take a picture to show you, need to practice a bit first 😉
    I hope you all have a nice day. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete