Sunday 21 January 2024

Your 'Old Die/Stamp' Challenge cards

 







Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Our Internet is back on!! πŸ™Œ πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸΎ   what a relief, although I will say I didn't miss the TV at all.  All sitting around chatting was much nicer way to spend the evening.  We also picked up our new kettle, which in all honesty was missed just as much as the Internet πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Not much planned today,  we may pop out to a garden centre, it depends on the weather really.  What are you all up to today?  

Let's have a look at your cards.....


Janet 


Janet's Description:

Here is my CCfor this week.
Once again the dies are Sue Wilson (bought way back in 2015).
The base card/flowers/pearls and two dark green leaves are from my stash boxes.

Such a beautiful card Janet, so much pretty detail, your flower arrangement topped with the pretty lace butterfly finish the card perfectly.  Thank you so much for such an inspirational design XXX 

Karen




Karen's Description:

Card 1:  Here’s a card using old stuff I honestly cannot remember when I last used this Tattered Lace rabbit die and matching print 
The sentiment is Aall & Create It’s for the same baby Teo and so wanted something completely different and it won’t be given to the mum for another couple of weeks as I haven’t finished the gift yet!

Card 2:  This one is a very very old Serif background that I printed off at least 3 years ago and never used (I try to fill an A4 piece of card before I print) 
An old Gummipian butterfly die
Old Lidl blue card

Card 3:  Here’s a Christmas card with 2 “old” items
The deckle edge dies are probably the first dies I ever bought- at least 10 years ago and white embossing powder on the Crafting With Josie tree
Sentiment is Sue W which is new to me

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hi, here is my card
It’s the first time I’ve used acrylics for cards, looked good until I decided to stamp and emboss the corners. 

Lilian I would definitely say that acrylic paint on cards is a success, your beautiful painting is something special.  The recipient of this card is very lucky, what a beautiful gift.  Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge mtly lovely XXX 

Maria


Maria has designed a beautiful blue & cream card, a colour combination that I love.  Such a ptetty corner die too,  with such intricate detail that all that is required is a simple sentiment.  Thank you so much for supporting the challenge my lovely friend XXX 

Sonia




Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  I used Spellbinders dies Majestic Squares & Mary's border  and Tim Holtz butterfly and The Stamp Market sentiment. I followed a tutorial for cutting the die into the base of the card - which wasn’t as easy as it looked!

Card 2:  I’ve used the same Spellbinders die, cut into the top piece of card without the outside cutting border. I matted it onto to pretty paper and used one of my new Spellbinders die cut sentiment. I’ve added some gems to the centres of the ‘flowers’

Card 3:  Another card using a Spellbinders border bracket die and the JustRite border and sentiment stamps. The centre dies are also Spellbinders.

Oh Sonia your mojo came back with a bang!!! 3 absolutely gorgeous cards, I will say that I love them all but number 2 is my favourite, it's a combination of that gorgeous sentiment and the colours.  

Thank you so much for 3 amazing cards my lovely XXX 

*********************

What can I say ladies?!  Look at that incredible display of cards, you are all amazing and I am so grateful to you all ❤

Have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,  

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful array of cards
    We are enjoying looking after the grandkids but I have come down with cystitis (again) I have managed to get an appointment for today
    As some of you ladies know the symptoms are very painful and unpleasant Ho hum it could be worse
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love all of the beautiful cards on display today 😍
    I worked this morning, and then came home to Luke and Hayley visiting 😍 Just relaxing for the rest of the day after a very busy few days at work. My ear is getting better, but feels blocked. Fortunately it’s not as painful.
    Karen, glad you managed to get an appointment. Fingers crossed the cystitis clears up soon πŸ₯° Hope you’re having a lovely time with the grandchildren ☺️
    The weather has certainly changed, very mild and windy. Think we had quite a lot of rain in the night too.
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, the wind and rain is horrific, dread to see what damage has been done. It’s supposed to be better by the morning.

    Today’s cards are beautiful, all so different, great inspiration for the future, and I need it.

    Please take care if you have to go out, we have a red warning own here. Goodnight, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Firstly let me say how much I love your card Janet that you made at your first K&N of this year.
    Lilian, nice shopping. I will have a look for that nailwarnish stand, looks useful.
    Today it's a thrill to see so many cards on display. Nice to see you back at crafting Sonia and Janet.
    Sonia, sorry to read you got earache, hope it's better soon.
    Karen, hoping looking after the boys was fun and you had plenty of cuddles. Wishing you better too.
    Lilian, hoping the medication are settling down and you feel better by taking them. Take care.
    We are back home and thankfully the house look like it when we left it last Saturday. Our friend and builder neighbour is coming over again in the morning to have a look in the loft. Why having two water tanks in a house when they could go wrong anytime is just nuts. It was very nice to see the snow capped mountains and I managed to walk a little bit, the walking sticks helped but going downhill yesterday was a bit much so had to take the bus back as well. Flying in to Luton this afternoon was a bit scary, never had such a strong wind which gave airpockets to go in for landing but down we came in one piece..
    Hope your day was good and that you manage to have a good night. It's raining hard here at the moment too so a lot of noise around. Many hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete