Monday 22 January 2024

My first New/Unused Challenge card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

From a wet & wild Gloucestershire!  My goodness me that wind was strong and I was colder on Saturday night than I was all week when the temperatures were below freezing!  I cannot manage to get to 3am without having to make a trip to the bathroom,  when it is so cold it's like torture, I have tried not drinking after 9pm, no caffeine after 6pm, all kinds of methods so that I can stay in my warm cosy bed all night, but it's not happening and I daren't not go and risk the consequences (and I don't mean wetting the bed)!! 🤣😂

Today we are going to the independent living centre in Cheltenham do discuss my new wheelchair, I asked about having a powered wheelchair so that I can have Paul walk beside me when we are out sightseeing together,  but mostly for that bit of independence,  the girls struggle with the wheelchair at times,  Becca with her arthritis in her elbow simply can't push it and Soph has an issue with her wrists, making them weak and painful.  When I enquired over the phobe about powered wheelchair,  the lady said that the ones that they supply require a special vehicle with a ramp or hoist, which is not what I was thinking at all, so she said that it would be easier for me to ho there to see and discuss the options. 

Today I am sharing a card that I made on Friday, I used two different die sets that are new, the first is a background die (SU) ' Stitched Greenery' 


It gives that lovely Stitched leaf detail all over your background,  I really like, how detailed yet subtle it is. The flowers and foliage are from a Spellbinders die set called Be Bold Blooms, I don't know why I hadn't gotten around to using them because I bought them in July!!  I think that now I have got them out I will be using them all the time.

I hope that you all have a great start to your week,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a beautiful card to start the new week. I love it, the colours, the background and the wonderful floral die set! It may be a small difference but putting the buds underneath the stems rather than on top of them gives a new look which I must remember to try. Thank you for all of the inspiration my lovely. Good luck today. I hope you manage to get an electric chair sorted. There are so many that can be folded or broken down to fit in the boot of the car now so I will have my🤞🤞🤞for you my lovely xx
    Karen, thinking of you. I hope you aren’t in too much pain. Thank goodness you have managed to get a gp appointment xx
    Maria, glad you are home safe and sound and that home is as you left it. You will need to rest up now for a few days won’t you to recover xx
    Yesterday’s cards were all beautiful, the usual mix of styles. Great to see them all. I woke up (after nearly 6 hours straight sleep😊) with my phone in my hand and on yesterdays blog! I’m here on my own this afternoon for the first time in weeks and my desk is definitely calling me 🥰 Have a good day and I hope the nasty weather doesn’t cause any problems wherever you are. It is a lot calmer than last night here. Lilian, thinking of you in particular with the red warning xx
    Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Especially so today, that background paper is stunning I’m not good with patterned paper but this is right up my street The dies are pretty I’m off to investigate
    Well I’m back on antibiotics It’s strange that after 5 years or so clear I get 2 bouts in a month OH is convinced that it is due to having fried tomatoes (a rare occurrence for us as OH usually has them in a salad) He could be right
    I hope you get on OK sorting a new wheelchair out
    It’s good to see you back commenting Sue
    Great to hear that your house is safe Maria I hope they can sort it today and you can relax
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I absolutely love everything about your beautiful card 😍
    The flowers and colour combo are stunning
    Fingers crossed you find a suitable wheelchair today 🥰
    I hope everyone is ok after last nights storm, and not suffered any damage.
    Karen, hope the antibiotics work soon xx
    Maria, glad you’re home safely and all ok xx
    Sue, hope you’re ok, and manage to do some crafting xx
    Lilian, hope all is ok down in Cornwall xx
    Brenda, and Janet hope you’re both keeping well xx
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete