Monday 15 January 2024

Noble Rectangle Card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you have all had a lovely relaxed weekend.   We had a very relaxed day yesterday,  we started planning our veg garden at breakfast,  Paul then went out in the garden for an hour  I joined him later and we measured the area we are putting raised beds in to see how many we could fit in the space.  We did a couple more little jobs then I came in, I had another terrible night without sleep (Saturday into Sunday) so my heart was struggling to keep up with my body. I could easily have had a nap at around 4pm but I didn't want to incase it caused another sleepless night.  We were having Becca, Adam & Flynn coming over for tea, so I got Paul to get sausagemeat out of the freezer, I mix sage & onion stuffing mix into it with a beaten egg and mix well, I line a loaf tin with bacon, push the sausagemeat mixture into the tin and wrap the ends of the bacon over the top.  It's delicious sliced up and served with roast chicken and it made our chicken stretch to feed a few more, I swear a large chicken today is a ,'small/medium' of a few years back.  A large chicken today barely does the four of us.  Anyway Flynn didn't come and Becca had to work so we had plenty of leftovers,!!! 

Today I am sharing a card I made on Friday, I stamped the vase and flowers in 'Misty Moonlight' and Balmy Blue' ink, I then dug out my Sue Wilson Noble Rectangles and created a frame using Misty Moonlight card with white on top.  I die cut the floral inked topper using the same dies, I created a top folding card base out of white card and mounted a mat of Night of Navy on top to create the background for the framed piece.  To finish the card I added a bow with a tag and 3 tiny diamantés on the flowers. I was actually surprised at how much I liked the frame that those dies created so I will be taking them out of retirement 🤣

I hope that your week gets off to a good start,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx



5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card, it’s beautiful 😍 Those frames are lovely and very versatile.
    We had a lovely time yesterday. Teddy enjoyed exploring in his walker ☺️
    I hope you had a better night last night and managed to get some sleep. Take it easy 🥰
    It’s a shame Becca and Flynn didn’t come in the end, but I’m sure you enjoyed your roast dinner, the stuffing and sausage meat sounds delicious.
    Have a good day everyone, stay warm
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous and mixing “old” with “new” really works I love the blue too
    It was a shame Flynn and Becca couldn’t come Your sausage meat and stuffing loaf sounds lovely and I agree with you, even chickens are smaller these days!
    Off to Craftea this morning So sorted some crochet to take Ot will be my first visit this year because I had a hospital appointment last Monday
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card, that SW die is pretty and works well with your flowers in their vase. You and Paul will be very busy when spring arrives with making all the beds and planting. Looking forward to follow your journey.
    Sonia, lovely photos of the family and Teddy Blue. He is sooo cute 🥰
    Karen, hope you had fun at craft tea this morning.
    Sue, hope you are feeling better.
    Brenda, hope you are doing well. What type of dog does your daughter have ?
    Janet, thinking of you. Hoping you are ok.
    Lilian, take care. Hopefully you get used to the meds soon..
    Had a walk this morning to a café around the lake. Sat there and read a book, drank tea and just relaxed. My knees had enough so we had to take a bus back. OH having a nap and I am on the phone playing games until dinner time. It has started snowing, big flakes coming slowly down from a grey sky. After dinner we will sit in the bar and play cards and I think some glüwine infront of the real, roaring wood burning fire 😊
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card the Noble rectangle creates a lovely frame for your floral bouquet, it looks lovely in the blue and white colour scheme you have chosen.
    Your meat loaf sounds lovely, I sometimes make a similar version especially when we have family coming over, it’s good because you can assemble it and just pop it into the oven, save a lot of messing about doing the individual pieces and always goes down well.
    Maria daughter’s dog is a mixture of Labrador, poodle, and I’m not sure what else!! Normal she is really gorgeous. I’ll put a photo on messenger.
    Hope everyone has had a good day, goodnight and sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I love your card especially as it’s in my favourite shades of blue. You wouldn’t think the dies are years old as the card is bang up to date. I hope you manage to get some more sleep tonight my lovely xx
    Sonia, glad to hear yesterday went well. I’m sure Teddy loved exploring a different house xx
    Maria, I hope your knees are kind to you so you can enjoy more of your holiday xx
    Lilian, I’m hoping that your meds settle down very soon xx
    Stay snug everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete