Tuesday 16 January 2024

A Romantic Anniversary card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

Goodness me we had a very cold day yesterday,  I don't think we made it above 5°, I secured my place right next to the log burner!  I hate being cold, it seems to make everything hurt more!   (Is it only me?).  

My wheelchair is fixed, the lovely chap has to work out of his van, which must have been freezing yesterday,  so Paul took him a hot cup of tea to warm his hands.  He gives the wheelchair a full going over and put in a report to have it replaced,  the handles are loose, the tyres are worn, there were a few safety issues too like the brakes.  He said that they expect the wheelchair to last 5 years, so the fact that mine has lasted 10 is pretty good going.   Anyway it's such a relief to have 4 good wheels!  He was impressed with Paul's makeshift repair though.  Paul told him to send the bill to Transport for London' ! 

I made today's card yesterday, I just picked a stamp/die set and went with it.  I have had this stamp set since 2018!  I think I have used it once or twice maybe, which is terrible considering how much it cost.  I saw a project on Pinterest, many versions of the same card in fact.  I used Kraft card with the soft green of 'Soft Sea Foam',  I love the soft green against the Kraft colour.  I die cut a few layers of hearts,  using the colours above and a light cream card that has a lovely linen texture.  I added the sentiment  "I live our life together "  I will use the card to give to Paul in March when we celebrate the anniversary of the day we met 35 years ago! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx





8 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today, and Paul will love it too 😊
    The stamp and die set are gorgeous, and being the lucky recipient of your duplicate ones, I’m excited to have a play with them ☺️
    Blimey, it’s another cold one out there this morning. My temperature gauge in the car was -6 when I took James to work, by time I got home it was -7 🥶 Wrap up warm if you’re going out 🥰
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card using an old set of dies and Paul will love itI think we all buy something and use it once to then move on to the latest new purchase Funnily enough I was looking at my heart dies especially as it’s Valentines next month
    I am glad you have been able to get the chair repaired and hopefully it’ll be replaced soon
    The sun is shining but I know it’ll be mighty cold Whilst we don’t have any snow etc I will still go to Knit and Natter which is today
    So take care everyone and wrap up warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful card Sandra. I love the subtle touch of the pale green. I don't like the cold either. Every bit seems to ache more. No fun getting old. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I love your card, the soft green with Kraft card works so well together. This is a lovely card for Paul or any other male as well as the ladies. I love that you celebrate the day you met in the queue at Sainsburys 🥰 xx
    I’m feeling very tired today so just been resting on the sofa. Hope you all have had a good day and managed to stay warm! Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening everyone, it’s been dry, but oh so cold.

    Great anniversary card, good because it suits men as well as ladies.
    Not been feeling great today, I think the cold gets in to my bones, trouble is can’t use a heat pad as it starts my restless legs. It kept me awake all night.
    Hope you had a better night Sandra and are feeling a little better.
    have a good evening All. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Had a good day went out for lunch, lovely meal with lovely friends, the conversation just flows when we get together, it was lovely.
    Although it was very cold out the sun was shining and made the look beautiful.
    Great card Sandra, Paul will love it. The colours you used are perfect, but it could work equally well for a female card. Thank you for your inspiration.
    Hope you have all had a good day,
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS …..Made the countryside look beautiful

      Delete