Saturday 20 January 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

Still no Internet for us, the novelty has well and truly worn off, luckily we managed to connect Paul's work laptop to either my Mobile Data 'Hotspot' or Lucy's, so he was able to stay home and work.  More importantly the blog posted!  I am concerned that we won't have any Internet for the rest of the weekend and I will run out of mobile data.  

It was really nice last night though we were all sat in the lounge together, Sophie was working on an art project while Lucy Paul & I were working on our Jigsaw puzzle, while listening to music.  

Janet 


Janet created this beautiful card at her first Knit & Natter of 2024, it was her first card of 2024, I missed the email when it was sent (sorry Janet).

It is a beautiful country cottage scene, I love the decoupaged Cat and Cockerel, imagine waking up to that every morning!!  I would like to walk through that gate and see what the inside of the house looks like, wouldn't you?.  

Thank you so much for sharing your first card of the year with us, I am looking forward to having your cards back on our Sunday display XXX

Lilian's Shopping 



The first picture above is of Lilian's perfectly organised bottles of stickles, pixie powders etc.  I personally think having them on display makes you use them more as they aren't hidden away in a drawer.  

The second photo is Lilian's shopping and Christmas gift.  Some new domed blending toolscand sponges,  the latest Distress Oxide Scorched Timber and Distress colour pencil in same colour.  The stamp is 'That's Crafty' Melina's Grunge Flower, I love it and can't wait to see what you create with it.  The collection of Embossing Powders were a Christmas gift from Lilian's Son Jason, I rarely get Craft gifts, it must be lovely,  as long as they know what you will use.  
Thank you so much for sharing your craft shopping with us my lovely XXX 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,  it is getting warmer for a few days!! 

Sending my love & hugs to all of you,  

Sandra
xxxxxx 

4 comments:

  1. A great saying and yes I think we are all heroes
    Lovely card Janet It’s good to see you back crafting
    I hope you manage to get the internet back soon I think I would have to find a cafe or pub or something and camp there for a couple of hours and use their internet 🤣
    The grandkids are coming to stay over today I cannot wait for the carnage
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😉
    Janet, your card is lovely. It’s a beautiful cottage scene ☺️
    Lilian, I love your shopping. I wish I had space to have one of those storage racks for all of my sprays, powders and inks. I can’t wait to see what you create with those Lindy’s powders - they’re lovely.
    Karen, have fun with the grandchildren ☺️
    I hope you’re all having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, well the frost has gone but now we storms with heavy rain.

    Janet such a pretty card, love the little cat.
    Karen hope you have a lovely time with the grandchildren, I wish we saw our grandchildren more often.
    Hope you get your internet comes back soon Sandra, must admit we would be lost without the internet.
    Have a good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Great to know we are all hero’s🤣🤣
    I wonder if you have internet yet? As Karen said you will have to go somewhere to get the blog published as you haven’t missed a day yet and I hope you don’t miss tomorrow my lovely xx
    Janet, it’s lovely to see one of your cards. What a beautiful cottage and that cockerel and cat are lovely. Cockerels aren’t so nice at silly o clock though 🤭
    Xx
    Karen, I bet you and A are fast asleep by now so you are ready for fun tomorrow with the boys 🤣🤣
    I managed to have a wander around a couple of shops today with Gem. I was definitely ready to have a good nap by the time we got home though! I would like to get my desk clear tomorrow as I’m starting to want to craft now.
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete