Wednesday 31 January 2024

I actually managed a Snippet

 



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

It's much nicer having calmer weather, being able to get out in the garden, even if its only ten minutes, it makes such a difference to my day, we open the door first thing to let Milo & Bella out, Milo needs you to actually go out of the door to get him outside,  after which he is perfectly happen running about.  But that 10 minutes feels so therapeutic to me, I love it.  We didn't get around to getting a little 'bistro' table and 2 chairs last year, so I have my eye out looking for something. 

I was determined to create one of Tracy Evans 'Snippets ' yesterday,  I sat at my desk with determination to get one finished, I found one that I had most stamps for, the one I didn't have I quickly found a replacement for, which was the part that was frustrating me yesterday.  I used Salvaged Patina, Old Paper & Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks to create the background,  then Versafine Clair 'Verdant & Shady Lane ' for the stamping.  A little bit of Posca pen for the white splatters. 

The Snippets are little inspiration boosters, something to have on hand when your mojo has disappeared,  You can add to them to create a card or simply keep them for inspiration to refer back to, they are 4 x 6 inch.  I am going to keep mine in a journal.  
I also think they are a great alternative to making cards every day, I am going to do a similar think for those little card topper things I shared with you last week.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Wednesday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your snippet, the colour combo is beautiful 😍
    I might have to look into doing some myself, although I haven’t got many of the stamps, I’ll see if I can substitute and do my own take on them ☺️
    Crafting is on the agenda today but I might spend more time Pinterest browsing for inspiration!
    Hope all of you not feeling too well are ok and taking it easy 🥰
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Snippet is beautiful I enjoyed making the two I have done I don’t make many cards these days for various reasons So it’s nice to get immersed in a bit of creativity anyway and do a journal I have some Miss P Loves dies and hope to use those to create a Snippet journal It’s a real mojo booster A bit like doing the Thrinchies challenge last year
    We have a ballroom lesson later which I’m looking forward to
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card and the colour combination is beautiful. I don’t have any of these snippets but I’m sorely tempted having seen your beautiful and inspiring card.
    Pleased you managed to get out into the garden in for a little while, and I’m sure the cats loved Discovering their new playground. it will be lovely when you can get a little bistro table and chairs out there just to open the doors and sit down and just watch nature. We have a couple of benches just outside the back door on the patio where we often sit, just with a cup of tea or coffee, just looking how’s things are coming on in the garden, roll on the good weather when we can do that again.
    Hope everyone is having a good day. I’m just about to do some cooking. John went to supermarket this morning and stocked up on almost everything!!! so I can set to and make a few ready meals and then pack them into the freezer.
    Take care everyone and stay safe. Big hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello , another wet and miserable day, very cold last night with more frost, I don’t remember so much frost here.

    Great card again Sandra, you are so talented, I’m afraid I’ve done nothing for the day.
    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I hadn’t heard of Snippets until Karen talked about them but love this one. I would like to have a go at making a journal this year, maybe I could start with these?
    You won’t believe what a fantastic boost it was to actually see you today and Paul, Sophie and Lucy too. And I got a card finished so all in all a great day. I’ve managed to stay awake to have some dinner and chat to Gem but now it’s time for bed.
    Wishing you all a very good nights sleep. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card. Must look in to what snippets means reg card making. Nice you got out in your garden for a bit. The curtains are drawn here so haven't seen it for ages. It was raining here today so just stayed on the sofa after doing some small jobs this morning. OH went to football so had a bit of catch up from planner. IKEA delivery tomorrow morning between 7 am and 11am , best be up and ready early, to Bedtime for now so saying, sleep well everyone and many hugs to you all , Maria xx

    ReplyDelete