Thursday 11 January 2024

White Card with Silver Gilding Flakes



 

Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

It was so lovely to see both Janet & Sue in yesterday,  Janet it was lovely to read that you made it to Knit & Natter, I think that slowly getting back into your old routine will help you feel more up to crafting, it does feel overwhelming to start with, I went from Mid-august to the end of October and it was so hard to even think about being creative.  The one thing that helped me was taking one item or technique and focusing on just that one thing. I am really looking forward to seeing your first card   
Now I will be honest with you, this challenge had me stumped, I simply have too many 'old' dies, stamps etc, think back to all all of those Sue Wilson collections that we all bought, I had them all out and got to the point of being totally overwhelmed.  So I put them all to one side and had a browse on Pinterest,  still no inspiration,  so I picked one Striplet die that if I have used it its only been used once.  
The Striplet is called Cosmos, I die cut it out of a piece of card around 1 inch wider than the die itself,  so that I could make a frame out of it.  After die cutting the Striplet I laid a piece of double sided adhesive over the the back of the die cut, using the waxed side of the adhesive release paper to make sure that all parts of the die were adhered to the adhesive,  I then took silver gilding flakes and used a scoochy sponge to get those flakes into all the tiny areas of the die cut.  I cut another die cut added foam pads to the back and carefully placed it over the base piece.  I layered a 5 x 7 card with white card with a mat of matt silver card, then added the die cut piece and finished with some crystal stones.  The final touch was the die cut sentiment, I cut two white and one silver,  I used the silver to create a little drop shadow.  Quite a clean & simple look.  

It's hard to think that this time last week we were just settling off to London!! 

I hope that you all have a great Thursday, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Love it
    As you know I have used a Striplet for one of my cards this week and like you I have so many “old” items - some not used and some that I still use on a regular basis Then there’s things like my old Serif kits let alone the dies, inks and stamps!
    It is lovely to see both Janet and Sue in - like they say “baby steps”
    Ballroom class was interesting shall I say OH was amazed at how many couples were there Next week will be interesting! Salsa tonight- more like our comfort zone
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card, pretty striplet die. Also yesterday's card was very pretty in it's soft colours.
    Nice to see Janet and Sue in for a visit, hope you both getting stronger for each day and can get back to crafting soon.
    Ballroom dancing sound fun but I think that your Salsa dancing is a bit easier. Have fun Karen going dancing.
    Had sister-in-law and her husband here yesterday so didn't have time for much but hoping to make a card today. The carpet is being laid in the craft room today, furniture's and stuff will be sorted after our holiday. 😃
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all and extra for anyone who need some. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today. The gilding flakes behind the striplet die are beautiful 😍
    Not managed to do any crafting yet, but hopefully tomorrow after work and Saturday I will get chance.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. You have used a striplet that is on my very long wish list. I love how you have used it with the silver as it gives a beautiful frosty winters morning look, just like we had here this morning in fact 🥰
    Janet it’s lovely to see you here. I hope you can soon start to enjoy crafting again very soon xx
    I hope everyone has had a good day. Sleep well tonight. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening everyone, another beautiful blue sky day, very cold though.

    Sandra your card is beautiful, the silver flakes make it look very special.
    I spent ages trying to make a card, looks like it will end up in the bin. I’ve left it until morning ,to see if I can save it.
    Hope you all have a goodnight, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely card from you today, it has a real winter feel about it, silver and white suggests frost to me. Nevertheless it’s lovely.
    Janet pleased you are starting to get back into your routine, take care and don’t go overdoing things. xx
    My day has been very quiet I just haven’t got the energy to do very much, John is an absolute rock, I am so blessed.
    Thame care everyone and sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete