Sunday 28 January 2024

Your Challenge Cards

 






Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

It was a lovely bright day yesterday but my goodness the temperature really dropped when the  sun went in, it was definitely a log burner night.  I am hoping that tonight will be the first night that I actually get to sleep before 3am!  My body has decided that I'm not ready for bed at 11pm.  I am really feeling it after a week, through the week I have literally just got to sleep as Paul's alarm goes off,  after that i am wide awake again.  I started nodding off in the lounge twice this week but I'm not starting that otherwise my body clock will be all over the place! 

We had a busy day yesterday,  we wanted to hey a couple of Clematis 'Montana ' plants, as there was a huge Clematis covering a 20ft hedge but the hard frost of last winter killed it, all that's left is a large area of dead growth where it used to be, Lynn next door  said that it was a huge wall of pink and white flowers throughout the summer before the frost had them.  The garden centre that we went to yesterday had about 6 different sorts, none of which covered what we wanted, we did pick one though,  its called Clematis Princess Diana,  it has beautiful flowers that are scented, it's a late variety though, so we'll look for the vigorous growing 'montana' type to fill the gap too.  They also had a sale table, with loads of plants reduced to 50p, mostly ground cover plants but all had pretty flowers, we got a couple of shrubs to reduced to £1, we picked up some seeds to, they were 99p, a branded name too, if you joined their garden club you got 50% off of all the seeds, I think we had 20 items, 6 of which were seeds , the Clematis was £14.99, the total was £22 !!! Paul was really buzzing with his bargain shop, particularly as we got a boot full of plants!  

Your Challenge cards 

Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Hi lovely 
How’s your day been,what you been up to?
Here’s a couple of cards……

Card 1:  Made this for James on passing his driving test. A LOTV image, the sentiment is new to me from Stampin Up, and the P plate is from a Memory Box alphabet set

Card 2:  I’ve used my new Snowflake dies from PinkFresh Studio, and sentiment dies from Spellbinders. I inked the embossed card with Tumbled Glass distress oxide and the snowflakes too. It doesn’t really show up in the picture, but I dabbed some white ink onto them too.

How lovely is that card for James, LOTV really hit the nail on the head with adorable images for most occasions!!  You must be so proud having him pass his Driving Test 1st time!!  All of those hours of extra experience from you and Mark clearly helped, it's changed so much since we passed, if I had had to do parallel parking I'd have failed every time!  

Your snowflake card is so lovely,  I love your background,  why do colours look so much nicer when someone else uses them?  Those snowflakes are so delicately detailed and beautifully coloured, the vellum is a great way to add the sentiment without it being too harsh and dominating the card. Thank you so much my lovely for two incredible challenge cards XXX


Lilian 



Lilian's Description:

Hi here are my challenge cards and scrapbook page.
The scrapbook page I’ve done to shoe the new distressed colour ' Scorched Timber', also used Barn Door pencil.
The tulip card is also used barn door pencil, and a Lavinia stencil, used old paper.
The stamps are both new, tulip is indigo blue, the other flower I bought from that’s crafty.
Hope you OK, still wet and windy here. Had a bad week this week.

I love that you had time to sit and have a good crafting session my lovely, you have convinced me that I need the Scorched Timber Distress Ink pad, I think that your journal page shows the colour really well, your piece shows how it looks stamped and blended, it mixes really well with the Barn Door colour too. 
Your Tulips are so beautiful, I would never have guessed that they were coloured with Barn door Distress Pencils, you have definitely mastered the Distress Watercolour Pencils, they blend beautifully as you hsve demonstrated. The Lavinia stencil makes  perfect background too. Thank you so much for inspiring us all XXX

Karen 




Karen's Description:  

Card 1:  Here’s a card for the challenge 
Everything on it is never been used before apart from the silver and navy card I kept it flat for posting
Background (white) = SueW (I won it Not ever used because the sizing is definitely American 
Sentiment = Daisy B embossed in silver 
Tag = The Works
It’s one of those cards that I didn’t have a clue where it was going but like how it turned out

Card 2:  I had a go at Snippet 17 today I don’t have distress crayons and I heat embossed the butterfly I didn’t add the extra wings either

Firstly I would like to thank you for inspiring me, I have that background die and like you I have never used it, I don't remember buying it but I'm guessing that something must have inspired me🤔!  
The combination of the Navy & Silver card is a match made in heaven,  your pretty sentiment worls perfectly with that label die too. 

Your Tracy Evans Snippet is incredible Karen, the distress crayons were clearly not essential as you have substituted them and nobody would be any the wiser.  Your colouring is lovely,  I like a heat embossed finish, I think it looks so much better and in my opinion it makes it easier to colour on.  To me this would make a perfect Journal cover.  I am 100% going to be having a go at the Snippets, I am ashamed to say that I have several Aall&Create stamps that I have bought and never opened!!   Thank you so very much for two inspiring projects XXX


Janet


Janet's Description:  

This card made at this week's K&N.I had cut out at home so just needed putting together. The efold is a Sue Wilson -can't remember when I last used it. The frame is a Phil Martin Stately Collection/double debossed/elegant  labels again I haven't used this set for at least a couple of years.

Such a beautiful card Janet,  like you I have that embossing folder and haven't used it for so many years, it will be like using something new all over again!  The label dies make the perfect frame for your pretty floral arrangement.   Thank you so much my lovely,  seeing you crafting again really does bring me so much joy!  Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Maria


Maria has created a fantastic card using a  Diecutting Essentials die issue 20,  think it was a Miss P die, Maria cut it 3 times from some pretty coloured card and arranged them onto the striped background.  A lovely cheerful card that would work well for male or female recipients.  Thank you so much Maria XXX

******************

Ladies thank you so very much, my mind is buzzing with ideas for crafting projects this week. ❤

I hope that you are all having a lovely relaxed Sunday,  

My love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx



3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Oh I love every card on display today. They are beautiful 😍
    Lilian, the Scorched Timber is lovely. Thank you for showing us what it’s like, it will be added to my wish list too 😉
    Wow, you and Paul did get a great bargain with all of your plants. It will look beautiful when everything is planted and flowering.
    Family round this morning as it’s Marks birthday 🥳 Luke and Hayley are staying for lunch - think we’re getting a Toby Carvery ☺️
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did pick up some bargains I love a shop like that
    Beautiful cards ladies We must do this challenge again as I have a ton of stuff still unused or rarely used
    I am hoping to do more Tracy Evans Snippets and create a journal with Miss P Loves dies
    Having a quiet day today - dancing 5 nights has taken its toll a little🤣
    Off to Countryview Crafts tomorrow for a “play” day with the “gang” I’m looking forward to seeing them and the lovely Susan of Countryview Crafts No doubt I will be doing some shopping!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous cards, I love them all. LOTV do have some wonderful images. Always loved them. The new ink has gone on my wishlist. Thanks Lilian for showing us the colour and your beautiful cards. Janet, glad you managed to go to K& N and put this beautiful card together. Karen, looking forward to see more of your snippets, sorry not sure what that is. Have fun tomorrow at the craft fair.
    Having a quiet day. My cold is still going on so will be staying in and do a crystal card.
    Sonia, happy birthday to your Mark 🥳😊 have a lovely meal together. I do love a carvery.
    Many hugs to you all, xx

    ReplyDelete