Monday 29 January 2024

Lovely & Sweet Card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies,  

We had a lovely day yesterday,  it was chilly but beautifully bright and sunny and that makes everything better.  We pottered about in the garden, Paul sorted the greenhouse out to get it ready for sowing seeds for summer bedding, we have a habit of leaving it too late, however this greenhouse is safe to be in as it hasn't got missing glass panels in the roof and hasn't been condemned. ( I will add that Manor lodge is still on the market and they are using old photos that are showing the summer house which was destroyed in last years storms and the greenhouse which he was instructed to remove as it is too dangerous to step inside, mostly because any fixings that are holding the massive sheets of glass in place have rotted away)!.  Anyway Lynn & Bill couldn't be better landlords,  for instance I reported that the hot tap wasn't switching off properly,  Bill was round same afternoon,  the taps were the original ones and he couldn't repair so he went straight to Screwfix and bought a new set, he said "I got you lever taps so they would be easier for you to use", how thoughtful is he, bless him, the girls have realky taken to both of them, I will often see them chatting when they get back from work etc.  

I made today's card ob Friday, as I was photographing it it dawned on me that I was clearly in a "green & white" phase last week!  

I used a stamp & die set called "Lovely & Sweet", I think the images are almond plants, anyway I stamped and embossed in gold embossing powder, I then used Stampin Blends to colour the foliage in Mossy Meadow & Soft Sea Foam,  I fussy cut a couple of flowers from the matching papers and added them to my stamped image,   I stamped the sentiment and gold embossed that too, I tgen die cut some foliage and flowers to embellish the card and in particular around the sentiment.  The background is foiled paper from matching dsp,  I added some tiny pearls coloured with matching alcohol marker and popped them on the flowers. 

I hope that you all have a lovely start to your week, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today, it’s gorgeous 😍
    How awful that Manor Lodge is being falsely advertised, it’s no wonder it’s not been sold yet.
    So happy to hear your new landlords are very approachable and such a relief that they are helpful and thoughtful to your needs 🥰
    I’m off to Dorset this morning to pick up James. I’m looking forward to seeing Teddy and cuddles 😍
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have been in a green and white phase just recently 🤣
    It’s a lovely card and doesn’t need loads of colour etc thrown at it
    Enjoy your cuddles with Teddy You cannot beat the hug/cuddle of a child
    I am going to Countryview Crafts today It will be lovely to see my little crafting gang and look at craft items in the flesh with possibly a little bit of retail therapy!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, very dull and damp here today, so grey it makes me sit and do nothing.
    Lovely card today, love those leaves and flowers. I admire the fact that you can produce so many cards.

    Going to try and do my card tomorrow, no promises, but I have an idea, we’ll see how it turns out.
    Lucky Karen, going to Countryview Craft, I order from them occasionally very good service.
    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday, love all of your challenge cards as always you are all so inspiring with your amazing cards.
    Sandra today’s card is lovely, love the layout, colours and the stamps you have used.
    Karen hope you enjoyed your visit to Country View Crafts. I miss not getting to craft shows, Most of my craft shopping is done online these days.
    Take care everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Lovely challenge cards yesterday and today’s card is beautiful. I love the pretty floral die cut in particular. Good to hear you managed to get some great bargain’s at the garden centre. At our local one you would have paid £22 for just the one plant as it is very expensive. The hedge where you will be planting the clematis will look stunning when it is covered with flowers I hope you manage to get some more sleep tonight my lovely xx
    I’m hoping everyone is as well as possible. I have had two really bad days with my joints, they are a little easier now 🤞 they feel better in the morning as I did manage to clear my desk the other day and I hope I can do some crafting tomorrow Sending hugs to you all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete