Saturday 13 January 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Another very chilly day here, I am so grateful that we are in a much warmer home, I recall last winter having heating on full, all day too and still having to have electric radiators with you whatever room you are in.  Thankfully Bill (our landlord) is very much into saving money so the house is very well insulated snd the windows are like new and have no draughts!  It really makes such a difference. 

Karen


Karen's Description:

I’ve been making these recently too The Knit and Natter group at the John Lewis store do projects as well as being able to take your own things to do
At the moment it is sunflowers for our local hospice and chicks to house creme eggs

Oh Karen what a fantastic idea to raise money for Charity, I think they will look so lovely with creme eggs in, I love them, I bet the chicks are cute too.  Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us XXX 

Diary of an Edwardian Lady Magazine 






I received this Boxed Magazine Kit for Christmas, I love the Embossing folder and the dies, I'm not sure about some of the papers, they don't look like something I'd normally use, however I have an Edwardian Lady Diary that I have had for a few years but I can't bare to cut into it, I intended to use it to add to a journal of some kind, I almost want to make a resolution to say that I WILL create a journal of some kind this year, whether its a Junk Journal or Art journal!! Watch this space,  I may use this box kit for that purpose.  Let's look at the papers and inspiration.  It's the same Ladies that design for  Creative Stamping Magazine.



The first feature tells you a little about Edith Holden, the author of the Diary of an Edwardian Lady, a naturalists diary for the year 1906.  It has a collection of words and paintings of the British Countryside through changing seasons. Her artwork us incredible  



This first feature looks at adding touches of  nature to your projects.  


These cards (above) all have Acetate added to layering.



Marie gives some great hints and tips for creating backgrounds,  whether it's advising that you stamp off the edge of your card when creating backgrounds, it looks more natural.  Or instead of placing a piece of backgrounds paper down, cut into it to add more interest. The circle card has diecut flowers adhered to the circle and you then ink over them do they look like they are embossed.  There are more ideas in the write up.


Now how about this for a Fancy Fold card, I don't think you'd get it in the post box though 🤣😂




Some clever ideas and designs to get the most of your stamp set, stamping over the edge of your card really does add the 'wow' factor.  

A look at some of the papers included......






Some pretty papers and toppers, really nice quality paper too. 



Katie Skelton shares some ideas for using your dies to create stamped images.  Katie's cards look ok, I'm not sure how successful it is though, I have zoomed in on the 'Step by step' guide for you.....


You can zoom in, if you can't see it clearly I will blow it up and send it to you if you fancy having a go. 



I really like some of these ideas particularly the Seed packets.



Some inspiration for the embossing folder thats in the kit.  Oh there are some lovely cards in this feature,  I particularly love the pink card with the bird, the background is embossed onto vellum, such a soft background.  

I am going to leave it there, there are a few more features but this review is dragging on a bit!              All in all its not a bad magazine kit, all the bits are really nice quality.  

***************

Sonia's Shopping 


Sonia has shared her craft Shopping with us,  I really like those Spellbinders Mix & Match sentiments, Sonia, I look forward to seeing them die cut to see how big they are, I really need some more sentiment dies. 
The PinkFresh snowflakes are really pretty, I can't wait to see you use them.  Lastly the Taylored Expressions Christmas sentiments, I didn't even know that they had Christmas ones, I have their Birthday/All Occasion version and matching die and I love them, so easy to line die up with the stamps and I love having a collection of sentiments stamped ready to pop onto a card.  
Thank you so much for sharing your shopping with us Ladies XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra
xxxxxxx













7 comments:

  1. The magazine looks pretty and very shabby chic/vintage which are styles I struggle to achieve
    Thank you for sharing my sunflowers I think these will have pins added to make into brooches
    Your shopping looks interesting I have only just discovered Taylored Expressions and have their Happy Birthday stamps and you never have too many snowflake! I enjoyed the dancing but I think I chatted more than I danced! OH is at Chelsea today So after hoovering the living room I will be doing my own thing
    Take care everyone and keep warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love the quote ☺️ Buying craft supplies seems to be my main hobby at the moment 😬 Definitely think we could do with a challenge of using our new stuff 😂
    I love your sunflowers Karen, a great idea to raise money for charity.
    Thank you for the magazine review. When you showed it all to me the other day, I could see it was packed with inspiration and some lovely goodies. Not all to our tastes, but I’m sure you’ll make good use of it. I do like the look of some of the creations ☺️
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, cold but dry here.

    Karen love your sunflowers, such a good way of raising money for charity.

    Great magazine review, lots of good ideas, bits and pieces to use.
    Sonia your shopping looks very useful, sentiments always useful.
    Trying not to spend too much on craft this year, although I have ordered the last distress colour that’s out today, only the oxide and the pencil. Looks like a browny grey, will have to wait and see.

    It’s taken me a while to get used of the higher dose of ramapril, they make me feel all over the place if you know what I mean

    Have a good evening, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Like the sunflower's Karen, they would look lovely as brooches.
    Sonia, love your shopping. You can never have to many sentiments or snowflakes.
    Thanks Sandra for the magazine review. Some nice cards made with the stamps and the embossing folder.
    Lilian, hope you be alright. What strength do you take ? I'm on them myself you see and doctor just put me on a higher dose.
    I hope you all had a good day.
    We are in Zell am See. No snow in town but plenty on top the mountain. Is a little bit too warm, only - 8 c tonight 😉 hopefully it will snow in the next few days so I can get some snow covered trees on our walks, it is so pretty when they are.
    Have a good weekend everyone whatever you are up to. Many hugs to you all, extras for our Janet, Sue and Lynda and to anyone else looking in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Great saying. They always make me laugh and nod in agreement. I love seeing them, thank you for finding them every week. An interesting review, the artwork is beautiful and some of the articles have lovely cards that are a bit different fora change. I can vouch for just how much warmer your home is compared to the last one! No need to wrap up indoors now xx
    Karen, I love your sunflowers. Great to help charities while doing something you enjoy xx
    Sonia, I’m always a sucker for a snowflake or two so love your new ones and the sentiments look like they are a nice size. Look forward to seeing you using them all xx
    Maria, enjoy yourselves and I hope you get snow. It does look so beautiful on the trees etc. Xx
    Had a hospital appointment earlier which wiped me out so after a long nap this afternoon I’m still tired so off to bed now. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote, it’s perfect for all craters. Thank you also for the magazine review, your reviews are also helpful and often help me decide if I want a particular magazine or not.
    Karen your sunflowers are beautiful, what a brilliant use your knit and natter group are making them for. Your efforts will make a difference. Well done to you all xxx
    Sonia love your shopping.
    I’m hoping my mojo returns soon, I keep looking at my craft stash, occasionally move bits around but that’s as far as it goes, think I might set myself small targets and hopefully will be able to get some results 🤞
    Hope you are all having a good weekend. Sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete