Sunday 14 January 2024

Your 'Old' Challenge Cards

 



Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Oh I am so delighted to be sharing your cards again, it seems like ages since we had our usual Sunday display.  

What are you all up to today? Can you believe we are half way through January already?  I have a feeling this year will whizz by just like last year!  We are looking forward to creating our vegetable plot in our new garden,  Bill next door has said he has all the soil we need and the machinery to dig out new beds etc,  which is so kind and will save a lot of money.  We are both excited to plan what we will grow.  The soil was very heavy clay at Manor Lodge that had never been dug, which made it so hard to grow any root crops. 

Your Challenge Cards

Sonia


Sonia's Description: 

I’ve used Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One, and the corresponding stamp set from JustRite stamps. I used Sue Wilson’s tag die for the sentiment and Tim Holtz butterfly.

Oh Sonia,  I have both these stamps and dies and you have REALLY inspired me.  Your card is so beautiful, that pretty die cut edge combined with that pretty lacy stamp are a match made in heaven. Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge my lovely XXX 

Karen



Karen's Description:

Another oldie
Card 1:  I made the card blank with a mixture of SW Lattice frames and scalloped frames 
Shadow box embellishments and the really really old item is gingham card from C&C That has to be at least 10 years old.

Card 2:  A very old Sue W Striplet die which I cut again in orange and trimmed away the butterflies which I backed with vellum (shame it looks a bit grey in the photo) and double embossed them
The sentiment must be at least 5 years old from Paper Boutique

Card 3:  A Woodware stamp that is probably one of the first stamps I bought - at least 3-4 years ago on a messy Aall and Create background I re stamped the flowers in white and fussy cut the heads and coloured.

WOW Karen you are on fire with your cards for this Challenge,  sometimes a challenge just kicks our creativity into gear and this one certainly has for you, you have really inspired me, I was struggling at the start of the week but your positive attitude and amazing cards really helped me.  I now hava a little pile on my desk of projects for next week.  Thank you so much my lovely friend XXX

Maria 



Maria has created this fantastic card for our Old die/stamp challenge, those corner dies are lovely Maria, I have to say that I have used similar dies to cut into my base card but hadn't realised you could use them to create toppers.  That glitter card you have used is such a lovely colour Maria, it looks lovely with the white die cut.  This card would be great for many different occasions, you could leave it simple for a great 'man' card or add some pretty flowers by tucking them into the lattices.  Thank you so much Maria for taking part in this weeks challenge, especially while you are having work done at the house and packing for Austria. XXX

Janet

Janet has shared this absolutely stunning card using a selection of Sue Wilson original dies.  The card base is embossed with a SW embossing folder,  I must dig this one out, I forgot all about it, its a real versatile folder.  The combination of dies work so well together and Janet has layered the dies onto double sided adhesive and added some glitter which really lifts the card, making it a real 'WOW' card, the beautiful flowers and pretty bow are the icing the cake.!!  Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful card XXX



Lilian 

Lilian's Description:  

Hi here is my card for this week, 
The embossing folder is an old cuttle bug one.
I dies are spellbinders, but can’t be sure.
The cogs are chip board painted with black gesso.

What an amazing card Lilian,  a brilliant Man card, the detail in that embossing folder is stunning,  you wouldn't believe its an original Cuttle bug E folder, it must be at least 10 maybe 15 years old. The extra cogs work perfectly as embellishments,  they look like they were made to go with it.  Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge my lovely XXX 

*******************

Oh my goodness I have a huge smile on my face looking back at the lovely display of cards that you have all created.  I am so incredibly grateful to all of you.  ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely relaxed Sunday,

Love & Hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Good morning everyone What a lovely selection of cards It has inspired me to look again at older stuff For instance I have those bracket dies and something similar to Maria’s….
    Enjoy your holiday Maria
    This month is going quickly which I’m pleased about because I don’t like this cold dank weather
    Hope to finish a card for the challenge later I think I’m lucky in a way that I need a few this month to give to various friends
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love all of the beautiful cards on display. It’s lovely to see us make us of our ‘older’ stash ☺️
    Maria, have a lovely time. I hope you get some more snow ❄️
    We have visitors this morning, Mollie is coming up with Teddy. So we have the family coming round ☺️
    Hope you’re all keeping well, and warm - it’s a chilly start this morning.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Wonderful cards on display again in the café. Nice to see you back with us Janet, have missed you. Nice also to be back to the challenges every fortnight, all I need is a desk or two 😀
    Have a lovely day everyone and Sonia, I can see you having plenty of cuddles with a special little one today 😊
    A beautiful day here in Zell with blue sky, sunshine and I got to see the snow frosted trees down the lake. You wouldn't believe what we got in our room, they have changed some since we were here last, we have got a sauna, walk in shower and a free standing bath in the sitting area and a pretty crackling electric fire just inside the bedroom ! 🤣😂 The family upgraded us to a suite, maybe because is not full this week I don't know. Won't be using the sauna or bath but nice for someone . 😊. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, another cold dank day, the cold really seeps in your bones.
    Only got a couple of hours sleep last night, so have slept most of the afternoon.
    The cards today are brilliant, so different, quite inspiring, gives me ideas for next week.

    Hope you all had a good weekend, Maria your holiday sounds lovely. Sounds as though the weather is going to get colder and possibly some snow, hope not.
    Have a goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Beautiful cards ladies, I think all of our older dies still have a lot of life left in them.
    Sonia hope you enjoyed your visit from Mollie and of course Teddy Blue would have made it extra special, he is at stage where he changes day by day, such a special time xx
    Maria your hotel room sounds like it was designed for royalty, we will have to curtsy next time we see you. 😂 it sounds so grand.xx
    Daughter came over this afternoon with Frankie (the dog) she was funny when they first arrived acting like a shy child hiding behind Debbie’s legs, she is such a character friendly, affectionate with a mischievous look in her eyes.
    Hop you have all had a lovely Sunday and looking forward to what ever the next week brings.
    Sleep well, goodnight everyone,
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a lovely bunch of challenge cards. You have all proved that just because a stamp or die is years old it can still be used to make fresh up to date cards. Love them all. I’m hoping to sit at my desk to craft this week.
    Sandra, you and Paul will enjoy planning the veg plot and using Bills machinery and top soil will save Paul so much time won’t it. It’s good to hear you have got into the challenge my lovely xx
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete