Wednesday 10 January 2024

Delicate coloured card


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

It feels so strange this week,  after spending four lovely days together Paul has a huge work load at the moment,  so he's in the office every day and then doing a couple of hours when he gets home, bless him he looks exhausted, what makes it worse is that it's other people's errors or people over promising on deadlines that cause him so much work, instead of just saying 'No'  he's working all hours to give them what they need, I realised yesterday morning that despite promosing Paul another staff member to share the two person job with that has never happened,  so if Paul isnt there and nothing gets done, which is why he ends up taking his work laptop with him on holiday!  It's frustrating to watch, most of you know Paul, he doesn't really get stressed, but I have definitely seen signs of 'frustration ' this week! 

I love how delicate today's card is, really subtle inking, the vellum adds softness too.  I used the 'Timeless Arrangements' dies to cut a varied of foliage and flowers in white, I then used Soft Sea Foam and Fresh Freesia ink to add a liitle colour to the pieces.  I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut rectangle and arranged the coloured pieces behind.  I added this to a white Card Base layered with a piece of white card embossed with a fine texture folder.  I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

I hope you all have a good day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely It is so delicate
    I know what you mean re Paul and his job OH was exactly the same and bring work home with him
    We’re off to try ballroom lessons this evening I am looking forward to that - trying something a little different We did have a go last year but this is a new teacher, new class
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    SANDRA I really love today's card. The colours are just beautiful.
    I hope that you are fully recovered from your trip to London.
    I went to the first K&N of the year yesterday -my first trip out of the house since well before the middle of December.I'm hoping it might kick start me going into my craft room.

    HUGs on their way to all of you. Take care and stay safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, lovely sunshine today, but bitterly cold.

    Love your card today, such pretty colours.
    Spending the day doing nothing much, waiting for my eyes to recover after my examination this morning.
    Going to look through my old dies to find something to use this week.
    Karen enjoy your dance lessons, we had ballroom lessons many years ago , R wasn’t that keen.
    Have good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card today, the colours are so pretty 😍
    I hope Paul manages to get through his work load 🥰 It’s so unfair when someone is expected to do the work of two people.
    Karen, enjoy the ballroom dancing ☺️
    Janet, glad you’re back to knit and natter, hope you had a good time ☺️
    Lilian, hope you’re ok and your eyes aren’t too sore xx
    Hope everyone is ok and having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all. I love this card. Such delicate, pretty colours and using the wood effect ef behind adds just the right amount of interest. Love how you used some vellum die cuts too. Must try that. Paul is certainly a dedicated worker. He must be really frustrated to let it show as he is usually the one just quietly getting on with the task in hand. I forgot to ask when the competition Sophie entered is judged? As always her talent just leaps off of the page. Must admit I was trying to think what style of card techniques her piece was until I read the blog properly😆 I hope your throat is better my lovely xx
    Karen, thank you for my lovely card. I will have to have a go at the butterfly technique as they look great on the card. I hope you both enjoy ballroom dancing. It’s the one style I wish I could have learnt but mrs no coordination here would have not got on well 😆xx
    Stay snug indoors everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete