Friday 12 January 2024

Karen's Striplet Card

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

From a very chilly Gloucestershire!  My goodness it makes it harder to get out of a warm cosy bed!    Although I am intending to start the day with a positive attitude today to see if it makes me acheive more !  I don't necessarily have a negative attitude generally but I sometimes tend to think things are harder to acheive than they are!  For instance I mentioned that I was finding this challenge hard, when in fact it isn't hard its my attitude that's off, I just spent too many hours on Pinterest looking at inspiration for my old Spellbinder & Sue Wilson dies,  I just think that some looked dated and I couldn't think of how to make them more up to date.  So positive mental attitude I will create something with them!  I just have to trawl through all of them to decide which ones to use, I have fone 3 so far!   We all have so much stuff that we have been collecting since 2015/2016  for instance I have loads of stick pins and Seam binding ribbon, enough to last me a lifetime + 50 years!  

Today's card is one of Karen's challenge cards for this week,  using one of Sue Wilson’s old Striplet dies, I have this one too.  

Karen's Description:

A very old Sue W Striplet die which I cut again in orange and trimmed away the butterflies which I backed with vellum (shame it looks a bit grey in the photo) and double embossed them

The sentiment must be at least 5 years old from Paper Boutique.

Karen I love the Ombre effect and that colour is amazing!  The sentiment is just the right size for the card too.  Thank you so much for allowing mebto share your card today and for supporting the challenge XXX 

I hope that you all manage to stay warm as the temperatures drop my lovely friends,

Sending love & warm hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my card I have to say it does look better in real life because the vellum does not look that grey! I hope the recipient likes it The ombré paper is a piece from Clarity
    I think you’re overthinking this Sandra DO NOT use Pinterest because it’s only going to show cards that were made at the time of release 🤣 which may make them look dated
    Off for a diabetic review blood test this morning and try and get my repeat prescription sorted (again!)
    Take care and wrap up warm if going out It is bitter out there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Very pretty card Karen.
    So many old dies and stamps in my boxes and folders. Really need to have a proper clear out one day but not sure what to do with them. Is it worth to sell them ?
    Karen, hope you get sorted with your meds and that your blood sugar is ok.
    Sue, baby steps to recovery. Take it easy and you soon be alright, everything crossed for you and hugs.
    Lilian, hoping today is a better day. Take care
    Brenda, we are very lucky with our husbands. They do have to get used to a lot. They should all get a medal, well a little one 😄
    Have a good day everyone. Lots of hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card Karen, it’s beautiful ☺️
    It is a struggle to decide what to create with so many products. I’m hoping to make a start on a card later. Fortunately I had one in mind from a Pin I’d saved ages ago.
    Seems milder here today and it’s damp in the air, although it’s forecast to turn cold again next week.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in.As the lucky recipient of Karen’s card I can vouch that the butterflies do not look grey at all. As simple but effective card. Thanks again Karen xx
    Sandra, I hope you have managed to settle on something for the challenge my lovely. We all have too much choice don’t we xx
    I was allowed to sort some washing and put it into the washer today albeit slowly. So good to do something “normal” 😊
    Sleep well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening, sorry to be late, slipped my mind
    Karen I love your card, those butterflies are just perfect.
    Tried to make a card, but just made a mess.
    Started my extra tablets today , they make me feel not quite with it.
    Goodnight all ,Lilian .

    ReplyDelete