Saturday 30 November 2019

Mixed up Saturday featuring Michele's magazine Review



Link Below is for Video sharing these projects:





Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

Ooooh it's a chilly one, it makes it feel even more like the beginning of the 'Festive Season', I can hardly believe it's December tomorrow, so many people seem to have the decorations up so much earlier this year, it's crazy, don't get me wrong I love my tree but I would be really fed up of looking at it if it was for 6 weeks! Have any of you got yours up yet???

The first project I am sharing with you today is the Advent Calendar that I made with some of the dies that I received from Inlovearts.com, they sent them to me for free in return for me making projects with them for them to use on their website.
I sent them the link to my YouTube Video and I got an email back saying that my projects were 'amazing' and were exactly what they wanted, the included some item numbers of some new dies that they would like me to work with and sent me a voucher to spend in their shop for $35.  I was so relieved that I liked them and was pleased to think that they want me to work with them again.

The Advent calendar was made with made by using two pieces of thick board (from the back of paper pads) stuck together and covered with decorative paper for the front and back panels, they measure A4 in size, I made the binder for the calendar by adhering two pieces of patterned paper together (for strength), I scored it so that I had about an inch and a half border on the front and back of the calendar. I covered the edge of this border with a Braided Trim. I made the Poinsettia's using Sue Wilson Poinsettia dies, the flourishes were made with the fancy flourish part of the top of the hanging Bauble die that I received in my DT package. The border was made using a punch, I added a Ribbon Threader die to the centre of the gold punched border and threaded a piece of Red Seam Binding ribbon through, which ties at the side to secure the calendar.
On the inside I used the Box dies that I received from In Love Arts to cut 24 boxes and matching lids in papers from the same pad as the papers on the front and back.  I die cut the numbers in Gold Mirror card. The back cover is the same as the front minus the Poinsettias.
I quite like the idea of this Calendar I am sending it out as part of a swap, which isn't too bad as it is really light.  I think it's a fun idea that can be bought out year after year.
I hope you like it x


The inside of the Advent Calendar

The shows them with the lids off

This is the back of the calendar.


Michele's Magazine Review

Hi Ladies,



Cardmaking & Papercraft has a cut set of Stamps & coordinating Dies free this month.




Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.




This article shows how versatile the free gift is as you can use them all year.




Great feature on Aperture spinner cards. These would certainly stand out from most other cards




Inspiration on how to use those mini Dies we probably all have.




Great article on using border stamps to create patterned backgrounds & panels. It’s nice to see cards made using non traditional colours for inspiration.




That’ll all this week so....
Happy Crafting

Love Michele



Thank you so much Michele, I actually have this magazine but haven't had time to read it yet, the free stamp and die set isn't something that I think I will use but some of the sample cards that they share are really inspiring so I mat get round to having a play with them.
I hadn't noticed the article on ideas for using mini dies, that will be really interesting to read, we all have those dies tucked away.  
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making this feature for the blog every week my lovely.  I hope that you have a lovely day celebrating Phil's Birthday. XXX


You will be pleased to hear that we passed the 'Property Maintenance Inspection' yesterday, with flying colours! She said that our home was 'perfect' which is a nice compliment.  I was massively relieved I can tell you, Paul was just 'I told you there was nothing to worry about' but you all know what I am like, she was a lovely girl who luckily loved cats and Harley, who will take all the fuss he can get.

So a nice relaxing weekend is in store for us I think, we won't be venturing in to town, I think it will be even worse this weekend.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend however you are spending it,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-WOW!!! The advent calendar is fantastic!!!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes for Phil, we’re going into Liverpool to do some birthday shopping!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Phil. I hope you managed to do some shopping in Liverpool.
      Thanks for the magazine reviews. Even though I no longer buy them I still look forward to the reviews.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely amazing SANDRA No wonder they want you to work with them again
    I would have given you one of Paul’s faces too! But I think I’d be exactly like you and fret
    Thank you MICHELE for the mag review I always find it so helpful as it means I can ask my local shop to order it in if I want to buy one
    It is exceptionally foggy here but the sun is trying to peek through
    I am looking after Oscar this afternoon/ night which I am so looking forward to but know it’ll be exhausting
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies.
    I love this advent calendar Sandra and would like to make one for next year, well it wouldn't be for this one Lol
    You made some amazing things with their dies so no wonder they want you work for them and make some more.Happy shopping.
    Glad your inspection went well but we all know it would.
    OH is at football today and son is busy painting his room (no rush moving out then so I can get my craft room :/) so I have taken the time this morning for setting up the tree, I know it is some way off the date but I found it when you light it in the evenings and now my fireplace also is on when it's getting cold outside it warms me up a bit and makes it feel nice and cosy. Decorating it later this afternoon. Snowman and Santa's can wait until another day.
    Happy birthday to Phil. hope you have a lovely day out.Thank you for the mag.review.
    So sorry Pat to hear about you BIL. Sending you a extra hug.
    Also to anyone not feeling too good I am sending some extra healing ones.Take care x
    any hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      Thanks for the good wishes for Bryan. He’s been ill for quite awhile now. Just getting slowly weaker & weaker. Gill manages as best she can adapting to anything new each day brings. Like me she’ll look after him at home until she can no longer do so. I always said we needed two of us.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    I’m playing catch u again so must tell you how much I love your acetate snowflake card. It is fabulous and the die cut on the front look like lace to me, so very pretty. Your first Groovi class card is absolutely gorgeous and your pivot edge is as good as any that are shown on any Clarity/ Hochanda samples made by people that have been parching for years! You are a natural at it my lovely. Having seen the Advent calendar on Wednesday ladies I can honestly say it really is beautiful. A heirloom to be used every year that’s for sure. Whoever gets it as their swap will be delighted. Now you have got another excellent inspection you can relax. I agree that twice yearly ones just get the agents more money. Have a good weekend my lovely xx
    Lynda, whether you are in or or if hospital I hope you are managing to get on well with the physio exercises. Love to you and Terry x
    Karen, sending you special hugs at this sad time of year dear friend x
    I hope you all have a good weekend and enjoyed the beautiful patterns Jack Frost ( no not David Jason ! ) left us all this morning. They are the one thing that is good at this time of year 😏 Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely advent calendar Sandra. I also had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh.
    Well I always record Strictly, especially as I’m watching snooker on 601. However, today it only recorded 2 minutes and I have no idea why. Can’t get it on catch up either at the moment.
    Great magazine review Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All,

    Sandra wonderful work, love the advent calendar.

    We are seeing the family this weekend, Oscar will be nine, so we are giving him a junior kindle,( his choice) not sure what his parents will say, he loves reading.

    Sorry no card for tomorrow’s challenge, just didn’t feel up to it yesterday.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete