Wednesday 27 November 2019

Another Challenge Card using Vellum and a bit of 'Groovi'







Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and making the most of this milder weather, it's been nice not having to have the heating on during the day, i really dislike the stuffiness but my joints do like being cold and tend to make their feelings known!!  I did see on weather that we are supposed to have a very cold weekend!!

Today's card is the one that I made when I went to the 'Groovi' class in Witney a couple of weeks back, the design was done by Ronk Langton,  the absolutely lovely lady that ran the class, she couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful.  Which really helped me to be calmer and enjoy the class.
Take a look at my first Picot Cut edges, not bad for a beginner!!
I am already looking forward to the next one which is 12th December.

Pat and I had a lovely day yesterday, I made a card and finished off a couple of other projects while Pat was Picot Cutting a Groovi card that she had already made. Thanks so much Pat for coming over and sorry about the state of your car every week! Maybe we should suggest our local council provides us with a free Car Wash, maybe a local councillor could have that as part of his manifesto, get the quarry that causes most of the mess to pay the bill.  In all seriousness our roads are dire!XXX

I am hoping to see Sue today for some more crafting, I love Tuesdays and Wednesdays,  I hope that you all have a lovely day however you are spending it,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxxx






10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-gorgeous Card, it’s really lovely. Glad you have some crafty company & hopefully more today.

    My appointment went well-consultant agreed I need a minor procedure (under a light general anaesthetic) doing which will be in approx 4-6 weeks then I need to go back to see GP for another minor procedure then GP can prescribe some HRT and hopefully I’ll start to feel better/more human! I’m well aware of the risks involved but it’s the best option for me.

    I’ve been so tired the last 2 evenings I haven’t felt like crafting. Work has been full of problems and we’re having a few issues with a couple of members of staff which never helps. I’m off out tonight-meeting a friend for a pub meal & a catch up.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I hope your procedures go ahead and that you’ll be feeling better after them. Enjoy your meal out this evening.

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone.
    Beautiful card Sandra, Glad you had a good day with Pat and hopefully you have Sue over today for some more crafting.
    I'm still coughing and feeling so tired all the time and going to town yesterday didn't help and then have to wait for a bus home for 30 minutes when you just wanted to sit down. Back home I just sat down and didn't move for the rest of the day so another day with no crafting done. I actually bought a packet of cards for the cancer charity for don't think it be many handmade ones as I expected to make, so typical me.
    Michele- I hope your procedures goes well and you soon will feel a lot better.
    Lynda- take care and do what the doctors tell you. Big hugs are being sent for you and Terry x
    Why did we buy a glass tv stand I never know for the dust are laughing at me with the sun shining through the patio windows so need to try to get the duster out and sort it out.
    I wish you all a nice day whatever you are up to and sending healing hugs to all who need some. Love and hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      I hope your feeling better soon as well. We have a glass stand as well for our tv. However, it’s in the dining room which doesn’t really get any sun. The tv in the front room though does show all the dust.

      Delete
    2. Maria I know what you mean about the sunshine showing up the dust. I use a damp microfibre cloth for dusting, our bedroom is the worst, it gets the morning sun and we have glass on the draw units, but the damp cloth keeps it looking good, the TV stands downstairs get the same treatment. It really looks dreadful if I have missed a day (or even worse 2!) XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra & Ladies.
    A lovely card Sandra. We actually use parchment not vellum. I’m not to sure if you’d get the same effect with vellum. Nothing wrong with your picot cutting though.
    Yes my car does get very mucky when I come over due to the quarry and the rain. It’s very streaky now due to the rain we’ve had today. I do enjoy our Tuesday sessions. Great to see the cards you were working on as well.
    I wonder if Sue made it over this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your going on ok Lynda after your op. Sending hugs to both you and Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Love your Groovi card Sandra you have taken to Parching like a duck to water!! XX
    So pleased Pat got over yesterday, sounds like you both had a productive day, hope today has been equally as productive with Sue - 2 more sleeps and the weekend will be here.

    LYNDA hope you are making progress and you are not to uncomfortable after the operation. (((((Hugs))))) for you and Terry. XX

    VAL If you get to look in hope you are starting to get better. XX

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, wet again !

    Sandra lovely card, very pretty.

    Hope Maria you will be feeling much better.

    Lynda hope hope you are going on ok and not in too much pain.

    Having been doing much, no enthusiasm, hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Where has today gone
    Lovely card SANDRA and great that you had PAT over yesterday and SUE today
    Hope you’re not in too much pain LYNDA
    Hope that cough soon improves MARIA
    Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your op MICHELE
    Take care all xxx and night night

    ReplyDelete