Monday 25 November 2019

Vellum Christmas Trees




Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you all enjoyed the weekend, I was hoping to spend the day crafting yesterday but we ended up getting loads of jobs done around the house, you know the ones that you keep putting off, Paul had load of stuff to put up the loft, then I wanted him to use the Dyson cleaner to reach up and get all of the cobwebs, cleaned some windows, swap some cupboards around in the utility room and cooked a lovely roast beef dinner which we were all ready for by teatime! The girls were busy at the Wildlife park too which is unusual for this time of year, they were puffed up like peacocks yesterday as the had praise heaped upon them for their amazing Supervisory skills on Saturday, the got a message late on Friday night to say that there were no supervisors to cover Saturdays shift, so the girls thought that maybe the restaurant would close, they went into work and were told that they were going to be the Supervisors of both the Restaurant and kiosk, it didn't seem to worry them though, they said that they just put all the staff on jobs that they like to do and are good at and they covered the rest, the day went very smoothly, I think it did their confidence a world of good to be honest.
When they got into work yesterday they were thanked and were told that they had done a great job!
So they had huge smiles on their faces when they got home. xx

Today's card was made with the 'Snow is Glistening' stamp set that I shared with you on yesterday's post, I saw a similar card to this on Pinterest made with the one of Crafters companion stamps.  
I stamped my Christmas tree on to a piece of Vellum using Versamark ink, with vellum you must make sure that you use your anti static bag with vellum because it seems a lot more static than regular card or paper.  I then used some white embossing powder with a bit of glitter in, just to give a little sparkle to the tree, although it doesn't really show up on camera.  I then heat set the powder and then attached the vellum to a piece of leftover 'Galvanised' card with tiny silver brads.
I made my base card a little wider that usual so that I could add my very last piece of Dotted Tulle ribbon, ( I think I will HAVE to order more as I love it).  I attached the ribbon to the back of my mat with glue dots and then used another piece to tie a knot, I popped a tiny foam pad behind the knot to secure it, I topped that with one of the Snowfall Trinkets.  To finish the card I added a few clear, sparkly gemstones around the tree. I am going to have my sentiment on the inside of the card.

I hope you all have a lovely day, however you are spending it, stay warm and dry, we are forecast rain all week! 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is gorgeous & in my favourite colour. The ribbon is just perfect on the side of your card. Glad to hear the girls enjoyed supervising everyone.

    The weekend has gone so quickly-I spent virtually all morning in Southport yesterday so it was housework all afternoon then phoned my Dad in the evening.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Well it's raining again. Yesterday was another one where we didn't seem to get any daylight. Crafting is difficult sometimes without natural light.

    Love today's card SANDRA.

    It's a quiet morning here for me as Jim is on duty this morning so hopefully I can get some jobs done like getting inserts printed for my Seasonal card etc etc.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all.HUGS are winging their way to everyone.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies,

    Stunning elegant card Sandra, it really shows you do not have go OTT using too many embellishments.

    My father has been diagnosed with Bone cancer on top of his Prostrate cancer. He or Mum dropped the bombshell on Friday to my sister when she came down to visit them. I wasn't surprized as had I already looked into the prognosis of prostate. I think I need to speak to their doctor to get practical help for Mum.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Today’s card is beautiful. I love it all. The dark blue agains the sparkly white looks great. You were busy yesterday but I bet you felt satisfied by last light. Well done to the girls for their work on Saturday. It’s always lovely to see how their confidence has grown over the last couple of years, and how nice to hear that work thanked and praised them as some places wouldn’t have said anything xx
    Lynda, thinking of you dear friend and hoping you are on the other side of your op by now x
    Cheryl, I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope the doctor is able to give you some help or at least can point you in the right direction x
    I didn’t get much done in the end yesterday and we have youngest granddaughter Penny today and the two big girls after school for our usual Monday so won’t be getting much done today.
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Gorgeous card Sandra. Glad the girls enjoyed themselves doing the supervising on the weekend. It makes them grow doing these things. You have some gorgeous girls.
    Cheryl- sorry to hear your news. I'm going to call my mum and dad after comment. My dad have some problems lately with some toes, not looking after his diabetes too good so I am a bit cross with him.
    Brenda- hope your weekend was good and happy birthday to your grandchildren.
    Lilian- why not post some of your stamps etc you want to sell on here. It might be one or two that we like to have before you give them away, you never know :>)
    Karen and Michele - have a good day back to work.
    Went to Ikea this morning but not too long. I'm feeling really exhausted today so it won't be much done other then watch some tv and catch up on some sleep.
    Wishing you all a nice day, take care and keep warm . Hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening and a very busy day today
    Work was OK But I do despair at times at some people’s attitude
    We went to zoo this afternoon to clean Gary’s grave On the way home we had a puncture OH spent time fitting spare tyre and after that collected my prescription (30 min wait for a prescription that was supposed to be ready) only to find they’d given me completely the wrong insulin so back we go to try and sort that muck up up
    Going dancing tonight but probably won’t do much just in case
    I hope you’ve had your op now and are feeling more comfortable LYNDA
    Lovely card SANDRA How lovely that the girls did well at the weekend were rewarded with thanks from their bosses
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card Sandra, hope you have a contact to order the dotty ribbon (or are you joining StampingUp again?) I only ask because I was looking to buy some items recently and could on get them if I went through an agent...... I abandoned the purchase.
    How lovely the girls got recognition for there very effective supervising on Saturday, they certainly made it work, giving everyone there jobs they like to do - definitely a winning plan. Well done girls.
    We had a lovely day yesterday at granddaughter’s 21st We didn’t get home until after 10.30pm I was ready for my bed. Sorry I didn’t get in to say how lovely all of your cards are. xxx
    LYNDA hope you have had your operation and are as comfortable as can be expected. Sending hugs to both of you xx
    CHERYL Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope you are able to contact Mums doctor and arrange so practical help for her..
    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ErHi All, sorry to be late again, no feeling very smart these last few days.
    loved all of the cards yesterday, also your card today Sandra.

    Cheryl so sorry to hear about your Dad, will be thinking of you.

    Thanks to those with suggestions for my card stuff, but have donated it to local primary school.

    I’m off to bed, hugs to all . Lilian

    ReplyDelete