Sunday 24 November 2019

Your Freebie Challenge cards







Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 
I hope that you are all well and enjoying your weekend,  we made the mistake of going shopping yesterday,  OMG, people were shopping like it was the last weekend before Christmas,  it was crazy busy.  I think we will be keeping these weekend shops to a minimum!
We only went in yesterday because we had bought Sophie an Art Desk that we needed to collect.

Lets look at your amazing cards....

Brenda




Wow Brenda, two stunning Christmas cards, I just love the look of Ivy on cards, it works so well in any colour too, your first looks so luxurious with the Red and Gold, there is so much detail in that lovely flower that you have used too.
Your second card uses the same main feature but with a colour change and the addition of that really crisp embossed border it looks completely different.

 Brenda's Description:

''The freebie Ivy die and flower came with Die-Cutting essentials No 55 and the EF on the second card came with Cardmaking & Papercraft.''

Thank you so much Brenda for two fantastic challenge cards, I would love to see the cards that you made for Tierney and William too, that was quite a card making session you had!!
Enjoy your Sunday my lovely XXX




Janet




5 Fantastic Festive cards from Janet for this weeks 'Freebie' Challenge, not a die cut in sight, how amazing is that!!! Going back a couple of years there is no way that most of us would have thought that we would be making any cards that involved stamping only!!! 

Janet's Description:

" My first CC is made using stamps which were free with 'Crafts Beautiful'.
My second CC is made using stamps which were free from 'Pink Fresh Studio'
The third set of cards I made a few weeks ago using stamps from 'Crafts Beautiful'."

Thank you so much Janet for 5 amazing challenge cards XXX

Karen


Two lovely Christmas cards from Karen for this weeks Challenge. There is something about Cream and Gold that just shouts 'Classy'!!!

Karen's Description:

"Here’s a card made from the freebies from Nov Crafts Beautiful 
Ok I printed the sentiment! But the die and tree/pear stamp is from magazine

And the second one was made  using a freebie die from a magazine years ago"

Two lovely cards Karen thank you so much for taking part XXX 


 Lilian

Lilian's  Freebie Challenge card is so lovely,  i love those lovely filigree trees.

Lilian's Description 

"Here is my card for this week, the background is a freebie, stamped and used my perfect pearls which doesn’t show on screen but looks better in the hand. The little trees are also a freebie, sorry can’t remember where they came from, took ages gluing all the fine edges"

Thanks Lilian for taking part XXX 

Lynda


Lynda wasn't able to take part this week so I added the card she made for our last Freebie Challenge. 
Lynda's lovely card was made using a Free Embossing folder. 
Love this card Lynda, fingers crossed you get your operation today XXX

Margaret


Margaret's lovely card was also made for our last Freebie Challenge.
This card features a Free stamp and sentiment from a magazine.   Margaret has coloured the image a beautiful shade of orange.
Thank you Margaret for such a pretty card XXX
Maria

Maria has used a free stamp set to create her card, the beautiful background was created with Pixie powders.  
I love this design Maria, thank you XXX 

Michele

Michele used a Free set collection papers from a magazine to create this 10 card collection. 
I lmow I say it all the time but you amaze me every time you use magazine papers to make cards, as you really do get such a fantastic look with them, i usually bin them, apart from the old 'Making cards' magazine .
Thank you so much for taking part Michele XXX 


 Sue

Sue made this amazing card for her daughter Gemma, you always put so much thought into the scenes that you create on cards Sue, the grass looks so realistic and the giraffes are fantastic  too.
Sue's Description...

Here is my challenge card that I made for Bubs b day with freebie Giraffe stamp from Creative stamping issue 57 and the frame die is a freebie from Die-cutting essentials issue 57 (just noticed they are both issue 57!).

Thanks Sue, I love seeing your cards on our display XXX

Ladies, who'd have thought you could achieve so many amazing looks all from magazine Freebies, thank you all so much for making time to take part.

Have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    WOW-what am amazing selection of challenge cards today! I had great fun using the free papers that came with this months issue of Making Cards as they’re such good quality.

    My sewing class was fun if a little chaotic & noisy! I’ve signed up to go to the January class-one was a sewing machine one so I declined that so my choice is Cross stitch or Chinese stitching...I chose Cross Stitch. Left early as we were going to visit my Father in Law who wasn’t toowell (he’s has yet another chest infection). Got home to find a dead hedgehog lying in the road right outside our house which upset me. We’d only recently seen two feeding at the same time. Hopefully the other (s) are all ok.

    Need to go into Southport this morning (downside of being out all day yesterday) then there’s the dreaded housework.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I hope shopping isn’t to chaotic in Southport today. I hope FIL’s infection clears up soon. Not good these chest infection in the cold & damp we’re having.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What a wonderful array of 'freebies' this week. All so very different.

    We had rain all day yesterday and it never got light.It's going to be a looooong Winter.

    The CAFE is OPEN and today's lunch menu is Roast Beef so place your orders asap.HUGS are on their way to you all with extras for LYNDA.Fingers crossed you have your op today.
    Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Janet. It’s so miserable at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards ladies and a real mixture of seasonal cards and other occasion cards
    Oh LYNDA I do hope you get to have your op today You must be in absolute agony
    Today is a bit of a poignant day for our family The Christmas lights were turned on yesterday and today it’s the Lights of Love tree Families are invited to make a donation in memory This year will be the first one without MIL and the 20th Anniversary of my sister and 10 years since Gary died as well as FIL and my mum There’s always a book of Remembrance and when I pass the tree on the bus I know that one of those lights is there for us
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care today Karen. Lovely to see the tree though when your on the bus.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a lot of wonderful cards for us to enjoy today. And as always so many different styles to take inspiration from.
    Sandra, shopping at the weekend is never fun so I imagine you and Paul were glad to get home. Enjoy what ever you do today xx
    Lynda, I hope you have had your op yesterday and you are not feeling too bad. Love and hugs to you both x
    Maria, sorry your cough is still bad. I am feeling much better today so now need to play catch-up! I have some cards that must be made so that is going to be my first job, and probably last as I usually take so long deciding what to use! X
    Brenda, enjoy today. No doubt you will be exhausted by tonight but it is worth it having the family together isn’t it x
    I hope you all have brighter weather than we have here, it is dull with grey skies. Just what I hate. Roll on sunshine. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday Morning to everyone.

    Beautiful cards for this week's challenge ladies, all totally gorgeous.

    Two weeks to go before it is Cannington Christmas, my dining room is beginning to look like a warehouse with boxes stacked full of goodies for my Secret Santa bags. I love Card Warehouse they have had Christmas gift bags in sale since August 4 for £1. As you can imagine I have bought loads of them. Must get a crack on next week to finish off little items I have been making as extras.

    love & hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your mega busy Cheryl. I hope your Santa’s Bag goes well at Cannington Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra Alan went to Tesco yesterday afternoon & he said that it was heaving he could believe it. It will be the same till after Christmas, I am glad that I have an reason to not go shopping. I love the cards today, well done.xxx
    Lynda sorry to hear your surgery didn't happen yesterday sending hugs to you.xxx
    Janet roast beef please.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon ladies.
    A lot of wonderful cards and you have given me a boost to get up and do some after clearing a space at my workplace ,not easy when you are in the kitchen tho.
    Brenda- have a lovely day with the family x
    Michele- hope Southport was ok with shoppers and you got what you needed. MK is heaving and we are not going in unless it's a must. Food shopping we do mostly now at Lidl and sometimes on-line but prefer to get my own fruit and vegs.
    Cheryl- you sound very busy. I wish the day goes well and you have fun.
    Karen- sending you hugs and hope you ok.
    Lynda- take care and hope the op has gone ahead so you soon on the mend.
    Wishing you all a nice Sunday. Many hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    A lovely of selection of cards today using the freebies that you ladies have had.
    No beef for me today as I’ve been invited up to Karen’s for dinner. Olivia is cooking Sunday lunch apparently. I’m not to sure why she’s not cooking at at work today though.
    Sainsbury’s was also heaving yesterday as well. They’ve closed quite a few tills and put self serve ( card only ) tills in there place. So not a lot of people were happy as they now have more self serve ones than normal tills.
    Lynda I hope your having your op today. Gentle hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete