Thursday 14 November 2019

Floral Aperture Card




Good Morning Ladies

I hope that you are all well and that the rain has finally stopped where you are, we still have rain as I am writing this, the fields look like they have always been part of the river, you can see the flow and watch it lapping the side of the road, he ditches are all around 4 feet deep atleast and they are over flowing.  I am guessing this will mean that vegetables will go up in price again, I'm not sure how badly Lincolnshire has been affected but it was the home of most British Vegetable Farms, you could buy sacks of potatoes, cauli's sprouts, leeks all at the road side at ridiculously low prices, we certainly noticed the difference when we moved to Oxfordshire. 

Today's card is a bit of a 'Special Project'!! I had an email from a Lady saying that she absolutely loved my cards and wanted to know whether I would make some cards/projects for some of their dies, the shop is part of 'Ali-Express', It's called ''Inlovearts'', not one to turn down an opportunity I agreed, they gave me an amount to spend and I could choose what I wanted.  I chose a few sets of dies, the prices are amazing and the die cuts like a dream.
This particular die is called:
Stackable Lace Flower Frames


It's a four die set and cost just £3.96 which is an amazing price, the largest die is about 5 3/4 inch.

I took a 6 x 6 inch card blank and adhered a piece of Lilac polka dot patterned paper to the front, I then centred the largest die on the front and ran it though the die cutting machine, this gave me a decoratice aperture, I then closed the card, added glue to the back of the die cut piece and placed it back into position, this made sure it is positioned  in exactly the right place.
I die cut one of the sentiment toppers from the Paper Boutique paper collection with a circle die and adhered that to the second largest dies from the Lace Flower Frames, I then added glue and postioned on top of the die cut I had previously positioned.
Next came the embellishments, I die cut lots of different flowers out of the papers that coordinate with the Paper Boutique pad I was using. I arranged them around the outside edge of the aperture, adding some foliage sprays too.  I finished the card with some pearls placed around the die cut, I coloured some with Markers to match the papers.
I hope you like it, I have a few other ideas for this die too, so watch this space. xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day, I have a bit of an exciting day, if all goes to plan I will tell you all about it tomorrow.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is beautiful & what a fantastic opportunity to work with some new products. I’ll have a look online but I’m not a fan of AliExpress...long story.

    Last day in work this week for me. I’ve taken tomorrow as a days holiday as I’ve booked to go on a Card-io stamping workshop. I’m really looking forward to going-her Cards always look great so fingers crossed I can do something similar. The best thing is that the Garden Centre that she owns is only 10 minutes from my house.

    Sandra-looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Enjoy the workshop One of my friends is an absolute Cardio-aholic

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandra and ladies
      Great you got to make cards for AliiExspres today's card is lovely. Look forward to hearing your news tomorrow
      MICHELE hope your work ehop goes well & you enjoy it.
      We have heavy rain today so I don't think I will going out.
      I've just finished a pile of ironing very worn out now I'm worn out. So I'm having a cuppa then a shower. Then try & go I craft room & do CC hopefully.
      Just got my cuppa
      I will pop in later so I
      Wish you all enjoy the rest of your day.
      Big Hug's love Lynda xxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Sandra and ladies
      Great you got to make cards for AliiExspres today's card is lovely. Look forward to hearing your news tomorrow
      MICHELE hope your work ehop goes well & you enjoy it.
      We have heavy rain today so I don't think I will going out.
      I've just finished a pile of ironing very worn out now I'm worn out. So I'm having a cuppa then a shower. Then try & go I craft room & do CC hopefully.
      Just got my cuppa
      I will pop in later so I
      Wish you all enjoy the rest of your day.
      Big Hug's love Lynda xxx

      Delete
  2. Morning all
    Your card is lovely SANDRA and what a great opportunity for you but don’t put yourself under any pressure
    The weather here is extremely mild in comparison to some of you Still cold but dry
    Hospital went ok Still a long way to go but it is healing (very slowly) I hoped to have done a cc last night but other things took over
    Craft club this afternoon but maybe I can have a go later
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I've done a comment this morning & It wouldn't publish just shut it down it down just gone to look & published twice how strange
    🤔. Have a good afternoon what whatever your doing love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Love your card Sandra, I hope it goes down well with ‘Inlovearts’ What a lovely opportunity for you to get your work and talents out there for others to appreciate just as we all do. xx
    Michele enjoy your workshop with Card-io, I love her work, when watching her she makes it look so easy. Wish I could be joining you.

    Lynda I had to smile when I read you last comment, it made me think ......it’s like waiting ages for a bus - then two come along! SORRY it’s my silly sense of humour.xx

    Karen take care, don’t go over doing it, it’s still early days since your opp. xx

    Think it’s time for a cuppa I had better get the kettle on.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. Love your pastel choice of colours. Wow that die is an amazing price. Off to investigate some more. Hugs
    Valery
    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, it’s been so wet and freezing cold, we had sleet last night. It’s supposed to be one of the warmer counties.

    Sandra lovely card, love the flowers.

    Hope all those with the terrible virus that’s doing the rounds are feeling better.
    Oscar (grandson) had a real bad time, back to school, as he has exams. He is only 8yrs, too young for the stress I think, still I’m old fashioned.

    Going to get something to eat now, hugs to all,Lilian

    ReplyDelete