Sunday 10 November 2019

Your Christmas Cards







Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

To those of you in flooded areas I do hope that you didn't have the rain that we did yesterday, I think that the Thames now covers 10 times the are than it does normally, for us it doesn't really cause flooding to houses, the farmers aren't so lucky as their fields have been permanently under water for weeks.  I am guessing that they must be getting used to it now though as flooding is no longer such a rare occurence, it happens at least once a year.

Let's cheer things up and look at your amazing cards......

Janet





Janet has made 5 incredibly Festive Christmas cards for our Challenge this week, all completely different.

I will add Janet's Descriptions Below:


"My first two cards are made using LA BLANCHE Christmas
My third card is made using backing papers by CREATIVE WORLD OF CRAFT called 'YULETIDE MEMORIES'The flowers (sorry cannot remember their name' and holly sprig are SUE WILSON dies.
My fourth card is created using CRAFTERS COMPANION seasonal die
and
My last card is made once again using backing paper from CREATIVE WORLD OF CRAFT and one of SUE WILSON'S FIRST SEASONAL DIES."

Thank you so much Janet for 5 amazing Christmas cards and for taking part in this weeks challenge, I hope that the flood waters are going down so that you can get out and about safely XXX

Pat




Pat has finished off 4 more stunning 'Groovi' Christmas cards, they are all completely different, let me tell you that there is a lot of work in each of those cards, many hours shading and colouring, you have to have a lot of Patience when doing Groovi cards, as you need to allow time for the parchment to rest between each round of shading and some pieces take 4 or 5 rounds to look right.  So any one that receives a Groovi Christmas card should feel very special.
Thank you so much Pat for 4 very inspirational cards. XXX

Karen



Karen has made two very different Christmas cards for this weeks Challenge, both are amazing, 

I will add Karen's Description below:

Card 1: 
"I found this idea on Pinterest using O Little Town of Bethlehem and CASE’d it knowing I have SW kings
So I googled the music I printed it onto a cream linen look card Distressed the edges Screwed it up and inked it with Antique Linen DO Very quick and easy

Card 2:
" I have a pop up card on ScanNCut and so are the snowflakes in basic shapes I did get in a mucking fuddle with glitter I started by using spray glue and then used double sided sticky sheets

Karen and I challenged each other to make a Pop Up Card last weekend, I am half way through making mine, Karen has finished hers and it is Gorgeous, I love everything about it Karen.  
I love the simplicity and the look of your first card too, something really different.  Thank you so much for taking part Karen, I hope you are enjoying your weekend away XXX



 Michele


Michele has shared 12 fantastic Christmas cards with us for this weeks Challenge.....

Michele's First group of six cards were made using papers from a Making Cards Magazine, you wouldn't think that by looking at them, you have a way of getting the absolute best out of magazine freebies Michele, so inspirational.

The second set of six cards that Michele has shared were made using the same die from The Works that I used to make my card with the other day, Michele, like me thinks that this is an amazing die, so intricate yet cuts perfectly every time and for the amazing price of £6 !!  Michele has used the die cut in different colours, each card had been mat and layered to match the colour of the die cut.

Thank you so much for 12 amazing Christmas cards Michele XXX



Lilian

Lilian has used some of her gorgeous Stamperia papers to create this stunning Christmas card.
I did say to Lilian in an email that I knew straight away that she had used Stamperia papers as they are so bright and vibrant and tend to have a 'certain style'.  
I love the composition of your card Lilian and I have to say that that little 'Itty Bitty' Christmas sentiment from SU is just perfect for this card as it leaves the paper and gorgeous angel image to speak for themselves.
Thank you so very much for taking part Lilian XXX

Lynda




Lynda has made three amazing Christmas cards for this weeks challenge, the range from super detailed decoupaged style cards to that lovely Clean and simple 'scribble' style Christmas card.

Card 1:  The tree has been stamped and embossed and then Lynda has decoupaged fussy cut gifts onto and around the tree and Santa, who also looks like he has been beautifully coloured and embossed. Such a cute little scene Lynda x

Card 2:  Lynda has used different foliage die cuts to form a Wreath onto which she has added some pretty flowers and pine cones and added the die cut 'Noel' sentiment.

Card 3:  Lynda has gone for the 'Clean and Simple' look for this last card, the card has been embossed with Sue Wilson's 'Snowflake Swirl' A4 embossing folder. Lynda has then simply added the die cut Scribble style Christmas Tree.

Thank you so much Lynda for 3 fantastic Christmas cards, I am so grateful as I know your are struggling with lack of inspiration at the moment. Your cards are lovely, thanks my lovely, XXX

****

Well ladies, just look back at that amazing display of cards, you are all amazing and I am so grateful to all of you for taking part each week, no matter what you are going through, I am so blessed with some amazing friends, thank you to all of you.

I hope that you can all enjoy whats left of the weekend, I have managed to catch the Cold/sore throat/achy body germs from Paul and the girls, which has left me feeling rubbish, hopefully it doesn't last too long, I am taking lots of vitamins to try and boost my immune system.  I think Paul is enjoying the quiet as my throat was too sore to speak yesterday!  hahaha

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx








9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    WOW-what am amazing selection of challenge cards today!!

    I’m batch making cards as I’m donating quite a few to my crazy friend who is having a sale table at the local Macmillan Christmas Fair. I was going to have a Sale Table at a church Christmas Fair but I’ve changed my mind-I really don’t need the stress right now.

    Visit to see Father in Law was ok. There was a lengthy note left for us with instructions from M in L but we ignored it! He was tired as he’d had a cold and it had left him coughing. The round trip was 4 hours 30 minutes which was good as the traffic wasn’t too bad. Probably because the weather was awful when set off for home-more rain. Today we have a bright, sunny day so we might go for a walk to the beach this afternoon.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What a wonderful set of Seasonal Craftiness on the boards this morning. All so very different from each crafty friends.

    We had a fine day yesterday with frost in the morning and again this morning it's dry so hopefully the flood waters will go down.

    It's a 'stay in' day today so we're both ready for a peaceful day.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all to pop in for a chat and a cuppa. The lunch menu today is Roast Beef with rice pudding for afters so please place your orders.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all.Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful display Apart from MICHELE’s batch making they are all so so different I will definitely make some more of the “King” version and juj them up with gold mirri or something
    Yesterday was very cold and wet but today it is brighter
    So we hope to go to Mathew St (gotta be done) and the cathedrals
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra what a lovely selection of Christmas cards I love them all. Hope your cold is better soon.xxx
    Janet may I order roast beef & rice pudding please.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Such an amazing array of Christmas cards today. They are all gorgeous in there own right. Hope everyone is safe after the horrendous rain we had yesterday. I had to paddle down the path to hang my washing out this morning.
    Yesterday I was doing Groovi in Evesham. I didn’t leave until just before five. The water on the roads was horrendous, and a lot of the times were right across the road. Would you believe that although in places I was doing 40 in a 50 & sometimes 60 speed limit. Cars were overtaking me. 2 cars at least went up on the grass verges on the other side of the road due to the large amounts of water on the road. It certainly didn’t deter them speeding off in front of me when they managed to get on the correct side of the road. Plus we had fog as well which didn’t help.
    Soapbox put away.
    Stay safe out there folks. Gentle hugs to all who need one today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Hope everyone is staying safe with flooding &torenttal rain.
    Wowser what a lovely array of Christmas cards today .our weather is pants.Terry has just taken 8 paws out up the cemetery ..I'm just going in my craft room hoping to find some inspiration .
    Enjoy the rest of your day sending you all some Hug's &. Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, lovely day here but bitterly cold, at least the sheets dried after going out very late due to me forgetting to switch it on.

    Lovely cards again today, more of mine ending in the bin, spent all day, so in the end just a simple one.

    Sandra do hope your cold doesn’t hang on too long, also hugs to anyone else that has this terrible bug.

    Am off to get dinner now, turkey thigh cooked in the slow cooker, so only the veg to do, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a wonderful selection of cards, I have only got two finished and forgot to send them to you Sandra!!! I hope you manage to shake off the bug really quickly my lovely. Sending you healing hugs xx
    I’m so glad to hear that none of you have been flooded as so many people have. My heart goes out to them all. Ie had a busy weeks with our Scout group Jumble sale yesterday. Sadly the torrential rain certainly put people off coming to it as we only had 15 people whereas normally have an average of 100. I know I would have stayed home so couldn’t blame them. We were so very lucky with a lovely blue sky with just a bit of a chilly wind for our Remembrance service today, as always the Beavers were all so good. I know fit for nothing so off to sleep. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please read I’m now fit.. x

    ReplyDelete