Sunday 17 November 2019

Your Challenge cards





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well I continued making boxes for Matt's Craft Fair ( to put his bath bombs in) until about 1.30am, by which time I had started to lose basic coordination! I only managed to make 30 as they were very time consuming to create, he seemed pleased though  which is all that matters, yesterday was a very slow day as a result, my body went on strike!! Lol😂

Lets look at your amazing Challenge cards
.........
Karen 


Karen has gone for an almost 'clean and simple' look for this weeks Challenge card, I think Karen has made a similar version of this card before and it was stunning,  I love the effect you have achieved on those leaves Karen. 

Karen's Description:

"Here’s my cc It could also be used for next week as it’s a free die/stamp from a magazine! So stamped and embossed die cut leave JL embossed sentiment and a bargain EF from Ally Pally (which I inadvertently embossed the wrong way!)"

An amazing Challenge card Karen thank you so much for taking part XXX 

 Michele 


Michele has created a fantastic '2 for 1' duo of cards for this weeks challenge, using the die cut tree to create the first card and the aperture that it created for the second card, an absolutely genius idea Michele, maybe this could be an idea for another challenge. I love both cards, they are bright and cheerful and fit for the Festive season.

Michele's Description:

Two challenge cards = Christmas trees. I used a very old Spellbinders Christmas tree die to cut out the aperture on the stripy card & added Washi tape behind it. I used the silver Christmas tree left over from the first card & added it to a fancy Spellbinders Die (in red card), wrapped some multicoloured thread around the tree. Added lots of bling to the tree & around the main topper!

Lilian 

Lilian has created a Christmas card with an amazing Winter Scene, as always Lilian I love texture that you have created and the perspective has you looking into the card rather than just 'at it'! Wouldn't it be exciting to actually see Santa whizzing across the sky on his Sleigh, our children have always tracked Santa online via the 'Norad' website, they still do it now!! 

Thank you very much for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely xxx


 Maria 

Oh Maria!  How bloomin' cute is your Cristal Art piece?? It is absolutely adorable, I love it, how long did it take you?  I know that these pictures are super addictive once you get started, the good thing about them is that you can sit at do it at night when you are watching TV.  I did notice in your NEC haul that you bought one or two more of these, I can't wait to see them too.
Are you going to pop him in a frame? 

Thank you so much for sharing your Cristal Art piece Maria, you can feature ANY craft piece that works with the theme of that weeks challenge, so you can make boxes, bags, pictures, cushions, crosstitch etc ect. I hope that you are continuing to feel better my lovely XXX


Janet




Janet has created a trio of cards for our challenge this week, the first card features a lovely rural scene, I absolutely love how beautifully you have coloured it too.
The second card features a lovely Cart wheel scene, this time Janet has stamped it onto a lightly patterned background, not something I think of doing but it really works, the autumnal leaves add a real pop of colour.
Last but not least is that incredible tree stamp, what a majestic sight, again you have coloured it fantastically. The sentiment really makes the card.

Janet's Description:

The cards are made using SHEENA DOUGLASS stamps and coloured using Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir pens.

Thank you so much Janet for three fantastic Challenge cards XXX

Lynda


Lynda has created two amazing cards for this weeks challenge, they both feature the same stamp but look completely different.  That tree is an amazingly detailed stamp.

Lynda's Description:

First card:
stamped the SU Lovely as a Tree cut some foliage from my Wish stash, Lynda also used Distress Oxides: Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and Black Soot.

Second Card:
Second card is SU Lovely as a Tree & foliage from Wish stash.

Thank you so much Lynda for two lovely Challenge cards XXX

*******

Absolutely amazing display of cards this week ladies, thank you to all of you for taking part.

Have a lovely Sunday ladies, we did all of our shopping etc yesterday so that we can have a cosy 'stay at home' day today.

Love and hugs to all you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


15 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    What a wonderful selection of crafty trees/leaves.
    They are all inspirational too.

    We still have rain this morning.Yesterday wasn't too bad as the rain didn't start until after lunch. I just wish it would stop.

    I have to pop to the Range this morning as I want one or two bits for K&N on Tuesday. It's my turn to 'take and make'. I cannot believe that it will be the last time this year actually crafting as next time it's our Seasonal Lunch and two weeks after that it will just be a gathering chatting.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual so everyone is welcome to pop in for a chat.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.Lunch menu today is Roast Chicken so orders please.lol
    Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I’m glad the rain up your neck of the woods has stopped. Even stopping for awhile helps. Yes please, roast chicken for me please.

      Delete
  2. I just love Sundays seeing everyone’s ideas on the challenge Some great ideas I have made a similar one in cream and gold on coloured leaves and used it as a birthday card for my aunt last year
    I enjoyed my trip into London We didn’t venture very far and I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch at Yo Sushi First time I’d been It was great fun watching the dishes going around on a conveyor belt and picking what we fancied What was also interesting is that you have two buttons 1 is for HELP ie ordering hot food etc and 2 is labelled HEAT where you can turn up the heater at your “table”!
    If you love Sushi it’s well worth a try
    I am definitely relaxing today
    Take care all I hope these bugs are clearing up and the rain/floods ease xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to sure I’m a fan of sushi Karen. But I’m glad you enjoyed your trip anyway. Enjoy your relaxing day.

      Delete
  3. Morning Ladies

    What great challenge cards on display. All lovely.

    Sandra-i can’t believe you managed to make 30 boxes...that’s brilliant.

    I was all set to go to the Demo day at Card-io yesterday when I had a mishap! I left my insulated mug in the car and once I’d done my shopping in soup, sat in Morrisons car park enjoying my coffee. No idea what happened but the next thing I had coffee all down me!! Set off home to clean myself up, clean my coat then decided I’d better clean the car. Gave up on the idea of going to the Demo day & ordered more stamping goodies online. Hubby is away most of next week so I should get time to play.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me again-meant to say....War of the Worlds which starts tonight was partly filmed in Ainsdale pinewoods just a few minutes from my house.

      Michele

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele.
      Wow that was an accident and a half wasn’t it with your coffee. But a shame you had to miss the demo day. But enjoy your goodies when they arrive.
      I won’t be watching War of the Worlds as I don’t like those sort of films.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    I can’t velieve that you stayed up to make boxes for Matt last night. Although I do know your awake till the early hours anyway. You did well to make thirty after having such short notice that he wanted them.
    Well I’ve re posted my parcel back to Turkey. Apparently new electronic customs ideas are coming in to force soon. But Turkey have implemented them now, so are sending post back to countries that are not using them. But was told that tracked and signed for should be ok. To re send my parcel that way, send a photo copy on the receipt and they’ll reimburse me. So watch this space. I have no idea if my parcel reached Russia either. Ozgur & family are in the Seychelles at the moment so will have to wait until they get back. I did ask him before he went away but what I asked obviously got lost in translation.
    Fantastic tree & leaf cards ladies. Once again everyone different. The rain has abated here for the moment though. But it’s still blooming cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Wowser Iove all the challange card on show this sunny day.but the clouds are movihin in fast &getting dark such a shame t thought we were to have in a day without rain but not looking good now
    Not upto much this afternoon so might go in craft room I have a couple of projects I have to finish. I also want to try my groovi starter set I got at the clarity open day two years ago now.
    MICHELE sorry for your misshap & missing your new demo day
    You made up for it though with ordering from SU on line.so your day wasn't a compleat wast of a day
    Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever your up to.
    HUG'S ALL ROUND.LOVE LYNDA XX



    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda-it wasn’t SU goodies. It was Card-io Stamps & acrylic stamping pegs plus dome ink pads.

      Michele

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda
    Great to hear your going to get your Groovi starter kit out and have a play.
    I’m going to a couple of classes now to learn more. They’re Groovi only of course. The one in Witney is a class & social. Where you bring your own Groovi stuff to work on. I’ve always done the class though, as you get help, advice f tips.
    Stay safe Lynda & I hope your feeling a bit better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe' today.
    What a lot of great leaf and trees cards, love them all.
    Ooops Michele, what happened there ? Glad if you didn't burn yourself that's more important.
    Pat- the saga of the parcel continue , hope it goes this time and that you get the refund back.
    Lynda- hope you get some Groovi work going. I'm sure you take to it like a duck to water as you do with any crafting.
    I'd like doing my card and it was quick and easy. It's going to be sent abroad so don't think I will put it in a frame myself but it is some kind of Sealant you can put on if its going to be touched a lot but not sure, What would you ladies do about it ?
    Had a horrid night, tried to sleep on the sofa but not much luck and the cough makes me so sick. Managed a restless sleep in bed from about 5am to 11am. I hope no one of you will get this, it's really draining your body.
    Going for a tea now and then I'm going to look again on all the lovely cards. Have a nice evening everyone. Hugs, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. A wonderful range of tree cards. And so many different ways of using them. Thank you for the inspiration. My crafting mojo is definitely away at the moment, hope it’s this bug we have that is causing it as I am itching to get some Christmas cards done for both me and Mum.
    Sandra, I hope Matts table sale went well. I bet the bath bombs in their boxes looked gorgeous. We are always more than happy to do whatever we can for our children aren’t we, no matter how late as we sometimes leave our own things to the last minute dont we 😀 That’s life isn’t it. I hope you had a lovely cosy day with Paul my lovely xx
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, dry but cold.

    Really lovely lot of cards today, so many different ideas.

    Sandra well done at getting your boxes done, it would take me all day to do one, I’m a very slow crafter.

    Been watching the tennis this evening, good match nice to see two young players doing so well.

    Going to have an early night, as joints were bad last night. Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies
    Lovely cards all really inspiring, ladies you really are all a very talented and gifted group. xx I did try to make a card - it just didn’t work out, so my mojo went out of the window.
    I’m sure Matt really appreciated your help making the boxes for his table sale. Our children always know we are there for them and quite honestly it’s lovely when they grow up and still say ...... Mum can you???

    Hope everyone has had a good weekend, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete