Monday 18 November 2019

Some Cards made with Freebies....






Good Monday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you all had a lovely weekend. we had a lovely lazy morning yesterday, Paul walked the dog while I made us some brunch, we then chilled out with a coffee and tried to decide what to do for the rest of the day.  It was fairly dry early afternoon so we decided to tackle the big flower bed under our lounge window, it was full of Mint, Sage, Golden Rod and roses and what must be some kind of Wold Antirhinums (Snap Dragons) etc, the mint was a good 2ft high and it was all looking a mess, Paul was going to be tackling it all while I tried sweeping some of leaves that have been gathering around the edges of the drive, our garden is surrounded in very mature trees so there are piles of leaves everywhere, of course they are all wet too which makes them really slippery too.  I ended up drifting over and helping Paul, (ooh I am a demon with a pair of loppers!!).  After about an hour though my flipping heart was racing so out of control I could barely get my breath so I had to abandon Paul and go and lie down, it took a good 2-3 hours for my heart to return to a more manageable rate, so my plans of spending the rest of the afternoon in the Craft Room went out of the window, I did go and sit and start 3 cards, which I will finish off today.

Today's cards have all been made with Magazine Free gifts, all made in the last 6 months, the first card was made with a free stamps set that was on the Creative Stamper Magazine, in fact I was so impressed with the quality of the stamps and the amount of inspiration in the magazine had be keen to subscribe, the free gifts have been consistently good.  This card was made with Distress Oxides and the free stamp set.
The second card was made with free gifts in the Chloe's Creative Crafts Magazine, you get some lovely papers, stamps and embossing folder in the kit.  The background / base layer is made with some of the free papers, the background to the wreath was stamped using elements from the stamp set, I stamped the flowers onto some of the free papers and had to fussy cut them, to create the circular wreath I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut circle and stuck to the centre of my card base then arranged the flowers around the edge of the circle! I finished the card with some faceted gems in the flower centre and some glitter dotted around the card.
The final card is one I had made for Paul, I used the Globe die from a reduced (bargain ) magazine that I picked up in the MoreMags sale.
I has a piece of 'Caught in Crystal' background that I thought looked like a view of earth from space,
I stamped the sentiment onto the die cut piece of Caught in Crystal background, then I added a couple of tiny die cut hearts, and die cut the metal part of the Globe out of Matt Copper Card. The background was a piece of white card that I embossed with the folder that was also free in the magazine.  That was it, Paul was really impressed curious about how I achieved the effect on globe.

Three completely different looks, all from things that were free, I literally can't wait to see what you all come up with.

WATFORD LADIES, can we all agree on a date for our next meet up?  let me know what dates you have free and we'll get something booked.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-three fantastic cards, all very different. I think my New Year Resolution has to be if I keep a magazine freebie then I have to use it!! I have 4 drawers full of magazine freebies and most have never been used.

    Can’t believe it’s Monday already-having a long weekend was lovely but makes Monday morning more miserable. We had rain most of yesterday so we didn’t go for our usual stroll to the beach, really missed going.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely makes SANDRA I have the items from the top card They are probably one of my first “purchases” in the stamping arena Still not used them much but I agree their quality in comparison to other magazine freebies are brilliant
    Went shopping yesterday afternoon for some waterproof shoes/boots To be told by a hiking shop that the shoes marked waterproof that the effect would only last a couple of months and then they’d need spraying with protector all of the time put me off M&S in a pair I liked didn’t have my size! So have now ordered some online
    After work (yeuck!) I hope to make a start on a cc but will probably end up catching up on some sleep!
    Take care all Ooh! Dates! I will message you as I have hospital and dentist appointments booked and need to check work diary etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. I’m sorry that you didn’t get any waterproof shoes yesterday. If you buy some with a waterproof label on them they should stay that way for years as long as you wash them off with plain water if they get muddy then once dry polish them with good old fashioned shoe polish. I have the same pair of cheap (£25) leather walking boots for the last 15 odd years and they still keep my feet completely dry so I m not sure why you were given the advice you got. Even the waterproof “ goretex” type only need a spray of waterproofer once a year or so unless you are getting them absolutely soaked on a regular basis. Another product available that you might want to look at are waterproof socks. These are totally waterproof, Chris has still got the same pair of Seal skins ( no they are not made of seal skins) that he got about 10 years ago. They wash in with the usual laundry. They are thicker than normal socks so might not be any good for you depending on what you are after. Good luck with whatever you get xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra hope you feel better today, your cards are lovely. Sorry I did not comment yesterday seem to have trouble getting past " are you a robot " will have a go today.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. You have shown just how good freebies can be with these lovely cards. I remember you making the third one for Paul after your inspired thought that it looked just like the “globe”. I’m sorry to hear that you had to cut short your gardening my lovely. I hope you’re feeling better today xx
    I have noticed a big difference in the quality of magazine freebie stamps. I have a lot from years ago that are really only good for the bin(just another job that I will get around to one day!) very different to the ones nowadays which stamp beautifully. I am very tempted to subscribe to one of the mags but am torn as both Tesco and Sainsbury’s often have extra freebies included, then again you often get a good free gift when subscribing and save money on each mag too so it’s swings and roundabouts I suppose.
    I hope you all have the lovely sunny blue sky that we have here today. It makes you feel brighter even when not you’re not feeling your best doesn’t it.
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I forgot to say that Monday or Thursday are not good days for me but any other day is good. I’m looking forward a meet up xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Sandra and ladies in the cafe' today.
    Three lovely cards Sandra. Yes the stamps and dies today are much better these days but I stopped my prem. and only buying the magazine when I like the gift and it's many times thanks to Michele's review of a magazine.
    I hope you all have the blue sky and sunshine this morning. We had a little walk earlier and it's a business park behind our house who have a coffee place so we had a coffee in there which was nice but now I'm feeling pretty pooped so going to watch Strictly before anything else.
    Karen and Michele- hope work is alright for you both today.
    Have a nice Monday everyone and many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone, it’s been a lovely sunny day here, but still very chilly, it’s amazing how leaves are down already.

    Today cards are once again lovely Sandra, was hoping to get some card done today, but took all afternoon to tidy my craft table, not sure how I get into such a mess.
    Time to get dinner, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    I’ve just lost a long comment, so will keep this one brief.

    I love all of your cards Sandra all made with great freebies. I have to agree the giveaways with our craft magazines are far better than they used to be, I’ve had some brilliant die on mine recently.

    Sorry I’m going to say goodnight now just in case the comment escapes into cyberspace. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Just lost my comment GRRRR I was just writing then gone
    SANDRA Your cards are really gorgeous all three of them. Well done using the magazine freebies?
    We had a busy Saturday Darren Sam Harry down Saturday. Harry has so much energy bless him. He love a pen & paper he also has to pick what colours he wants. First hhe wanted draw he give me some paper & he said Nannie you do a picture of mummy Daddy and me & you can draw
    Grandad Nannie and me. Note can't can't draw.
    Sunday we can't draw so we just chilled out
    Love and Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete