Monday 4 November 2019

Metallic Merryment!!



Good Monday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you have all had a lovely weekend, the weather was better here yesterday thankfully, having said that we didn't venture outside at all, it made a nice change to just relax at home together, the day absolutely flew by though.

I did laugh yesterday when Janet announced the Sunday roast, as we were having exactly the same, I will tell you one Frustration though...I can never make a pudding that ALL of my family will eat, anything that contains Jam, Lucy won't touch, anything that has actual cooked fruit like homemade crumbles pies etc Sophie won't eat.  I do like a really deep crumble on my apples and I add oats to mine too, so Sophie will have just the crumble with custard.  Matt and Paul will eat just about anything.  I made an Old fashioned Cornflake tart last week, pastry bottom, (baked blind) when cooled add a layer of Jam then your cornflakes that are mixed with Golden Syrup, Butter and Sugar, you then bake it, it was heavenly.
Do you all prefer Custard or Ice cream with your Crumble???

Today's card was a bit of a nightmare to photograph without glare but I think you can see the idea.
I couldn't resist the new HoneyDoo Christmas Tree that was on Hochanda a week or so ago, I think I like it so much because I am rather partial to a flourish!
I used some of the gorgeous Red Velvet Card that Anne sent me from A Crafty Place, I think we all love this card, I thought it would stamp the tree and sentiment in Copper Embossing Powder as the pink tones would work well with the red card.
I wiped over the red velvet card with an anti-static bag and then stamped the tree in Versamark ink,
I added the Copper embossing Powder and heat set, I did the same with the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment.
I layered my embossed tree onto copper metallic card and then onto another piece of red velvet card, which I had used to totally cover my card base.
I used my Stampin'Up! Punch to cut the sentiment and it's copper mat too.
Before I assembled my card I wound some Rose Gold metallic thread around the bottom of my topper so that your eye would be drawn in to the sentiment. I decided to go for a tiny sentiment as I wanted the gorgeous tree to be the main focus of my card.
I hope you like it.
This is my second Challenge card so far.  I do have an amazing tree die to play with, it's so unusual, I love it!!

Link:  A Crafty Place

I hope that you all have a good week, it's going to be a battle to keep the dog and cats calm this week as the fireworks have already started, I do wish they only had them on November 5th. Although I have to say that hear in 'Sleepy Hollow' our neighbours are past the point of getting excited about letting off fireworks! 🎆🎇

Have a lovely day my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is gorgeous, love the colour.
    We’ve had fireworks going off for days now-most irritating.

    Big day today-hubby has started a new job!!! He was approached months ago by Amazon who basically head hinted him and finally, after a lot of paperwork, phone calls & emails... he’s started today. I’m very proud of him as at nearly 56 (his birthday is on the 30th) he’s made a major decision up leave Tesco.

    Karen-you’ve won the card on Julia Watts blog.....congrats!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your husband, many happy years in his new job x

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    I love love that die SANDRA. It is just the focal point for the card with nothing more.Looks very expensive.

    MICHELE- Congratulations to PHIL on his new job. It take enormous courage to leave a job you have been in for a long time.

    Well I did quite well yesterday in that we managed to find a 'tractor'( it's bright red with a green trailer and a bucket thingy which can be fitted to the front.) PAT I would love to have a go at driving a tractor but I can always dreamhehehe. We also had a successful run to Doncaster to sort out a route for Wednesday night to the show we're going to see 'A celebration of sixty years of Ronnie Scott Jazz'. I only hope it doesn't rain.

    I have some craft sorting to do today.
    The CAFE is OPEN warm and ready for you all to pop in.
    Parkin is in the tin.
    Have a good day.Take care and stay safe.HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card SANDRA
    I’m a custard girl Can’t mix cold ice cream with hot crumble! Although I do quite like a pouring cream too
    We went to Ally Pally on Friday to watch the fireworks It was brilliant OH took a camping chair for me to sit on and the number of people that walked by and said that they wish they’d done that It is such an easy journey for us I didn’t see one firework last year and this display was magnificent
    Oscar visited yesterday So the whole weekend was lovely
    I hope RICK is feeling better MARIA
    If you try the Nuvo drops trick SUE don’t forget to let the drop dry enough to have a skin to be able to “slash” it with a pokey tool or cocktail stick
    Congratulations to PHIL I hope he enjoys his new job
    Off to work now It’s Monday so it’s bound to be manic
    Take care all - going to Julia’s site now to claim the card - Woo hoo! That’s cheered me up

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really beautiful card Sandra, I love the tree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, rain again today.

    Sandra love your card, looks very classy.

    Michele hope Phil enjoys his new job, Roger worked for 42 years for the civil service and then was made redundant, he got a job in London commuting at weekends, so if he can do it so can anyone.

    Maria hope hubby gets well quickly, there is a bad cold do the rounds down here, managed to avoid it so far.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all.
    Wonderful card Sandra, Gorgeous colour.
    Ice cream or cold custard on my pudding please.
    Congrats Karen for getting the card from Julia, nice one.
    Have not been a good day. We are now both poorly with some virus but mine is more the throat and not on the chest like OH's but he said I was wheezing in the night. All good fun.
    Have a good night my friends. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra your card is gorgeous, it looks so classy. I love my crumble deep and to be nice and buttery. I’m a custard fan, but am happy to have ice cream (especially in summer) or cream.

    Michele - Wishing Phil all the best and hope he enjoys his new job.

    Maria - Hope Rick is feeling better today.

    JANET - pleased you found your tractor.

    Had a phone call late afternoon from Callum our 17yr old grandson he had just taken his driving test and passed first time. That’s two grandsons passing their driving test in the last week. I’m so pleased for them.

    Time I said good night, sleep well dear friends, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear Maria I have just seen your comment, sorry you also have a virus. Dose yourself up and try to get a good nights sleep. Hugs Brenda xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies
    SANDRA your card is stunning really beautiful. CU had to do a rubbish run & I was trying to sort a transaction on the bank account we had to transfer some money for shower. I had too set up online banking first then they couldn't transfer the money because we didn't have her account details
    I said it was the same as the rent goes in. So I had to ask her for that or another account no & sort coad. We said we would pop it round
    No she didn't want that any way it's all sorted.

    ReplyDelete