Friday 22 November 2019

My Final Freebie Challenge Card and Next Weeks Challenge


Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Well it's that time of the week again, Friday's seem to be arriving faster each week!! (not that I'm complaining)!  After today there are Four more Fridays before Christmas, now that does sound concerning, we haven't really thought about it in our house, oh actually I did buy a few baubles a couple of weeks ago when we had a quick trip to the Range, we have had the same Bauble Colour/Theme on our tree for as long as I can remember and have been happy with them until I saw these lovely baubles in the Range in subtle shades of Green, they were so reasonably priced too, so we picked a few out, now my dilemma is....do I just replace the burgundy baubles and keep the gold OR do I have a total change and go for Green & White???  

Today's card is the last of the cards that I made on Monday with the stamp set I got free with me Creative Stamping Magazine, I think that I will be pulling set out time and time again, there are lots of elements that aren't strictly Christmas on there too.  
For this card I used a slightly bigger Sprig than I used on the Blue and Silver version of this card, I embossed the stamped Sprigs with Gold Embossing powder and then I sat and coloured them in with the same colours as I used on the first card I made,  After completing the colouring I cut a piece of Vellum and stamped the sentiment on it in versamark and embossed in Gold E Powder. I attached it to the front of my card with Brads.
I am really pleased with these four cards that I made with this set.

Your Next Challenge

 I spent the whole of yesterday trying to think of something different for a Challenge for this week (I would hate for any of you to get bored)!!
At times like these I always reach for a Tic Tac Toe or a Sketch so I didn't want to do that, so I decided that I would Challenge you all to 'Add Something Different to you cards as part of the Design'
I was thinking of things like Vellum or Acetate, so you could do a similar thing to what I have done with today's card, or it could simply be a torn piece of vellum with a sentiment on.
You could use Acetate to make a window or cover an aperture.
Use Vellum of Tissue paper to make flowers to add to your card, or use tissue to create a background, like we do in the 'Caught in Crystal' technique.
You could add Hessian or Burlap (same thing didn't want to confuse)
Felt would be another great addition, you could make flowers, scenes and all sorts of things with felt, (I still have a hoard of felt from the Sue Wilson Felt craze a few years back, I ordered loads from Sam Poole who is Sue's step daughter, I wonder if she still crafts?)
Corrugated card, Cork, Foil etc etc
The options are endless, I want you to just have fun trying something new!
I hope you enjoy it my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-another lovely card. Great challenge for next week.

    Visit from the Auditors wasn’t too bad and they left at lunchtime! More work todo but at least they were constructive.

    I’m going straight to the hairdressers tonight once I’ve finished work -not great planning on my part as it’s been a really busy week but Heh Ho.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. ******BARGAIN ANOUNCEMENT ******

    If any of you are interested in anything Clarity, whether it's all things 'Groovi' or anything else, pop over to Clarity's website and browse their 'Gray Day' sale, there is 33% off loads of products from Stamps to sticky sheets, it's worth a browse!!!
    Happy shopping xxxxx
    ps... if you see a bargain don't forget to share it below !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    Lovely card SANDRA.
    Well after one or two dry cold and frosty days we are back to rain this morning.

    It's that 'swear' word day in this house and I really mustget my CC sent off.

    The CAFE is OPEN so pop in anyone who wants a chat and a cuppa.HUGS are on their way to you all.
    Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card SANDRA andI’m glad you explained next week’s challenge because at first I didn’t get it Doh! I have a few ideas in my head
    It is raining here but the sun is peeping through Not much planned today OH is home today and I feel awkward disappearing upstairs to my craft room I have 5 birthday cards that need starting/finishing
    BTW The foot has healed but the skin is still very fragile and so I have to still be very careful
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra lovely card again today & it sounds an interesting challenge for next week, look forward to seeing your what you make.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning ladies.
    Another lovely card Sandra and I might do something similar as I feel the time is running out. The weeks do go too quickly for my liking. Good challenge for next week, think I got some felt from Sue already cut out somewhere.
    The kitchen look like a bombsite after I dug out all the items in my baking/plastic boxes mix cupboard. Some of the things are so far back so never know what there so I'm going to sort it out and put a little note on the door what's in the back for sure don't want to throw it away, I might need it one day Lol
    Afternoon will be for making a cc hopefully but my work space is non existing since starting something on Monday and never got it finished so must tackle that bit too before anything else.
    Had a lovely day with SIL yesterday and a super meal out in a Italian restaurant but coughed through the night and slept in to 10 so best get a wiggle on.
    Have a nice day everyone. Hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. Craft clearance.co.uk now have an amazing discount on all their products but you have to spend £25 to get free p/p xx

      Delete
  7. Ladies our lovely Lynda is in Hospital after falling yesterday and breaking her hip, Terry messaged me this morning, as if she hasn't had enough to deal with bless her xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    LYNDA I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear you have broken your hip. I hope you are getting five star treatment, take care lovely. Hope you gat a chance to look in . XX

    Sandra another lovely card, you have certainly spoilt us this week with all of your beautiful and inspiring examples .

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. Love the elements over the top. I have loads of it and never think to put on a card!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete