Tuesday 5 November 2019

Silent Night Snowflake


Good Morning Ladies,

How are we all today?  Our house seems to be full of sneezes and sniffles, poor Soph came in from work last night looking really poorly, nose as red as Rudolph, shivering and fever too, Paul is still getting over the cold that he got when we returned from Holiday, it looks like Lucy may have the start of what Sophie has today.  Soph was too poorly to drive to Uni this morning, luckily she only had one lecture today, she emailed the lecturer and asked him to sent her anything she had missed out on. It makes me laugh when they are poorly as they almost return to being babies, wanting to cuddle on Sofa etc, I feel like I need a mask, to stay germ free!

Well after I had written the blog last night things got really exciting in our house!!  Did I tell you about my sleepless night waiting for the mouse to enter the trap, well it never happened, we searched Saturday and Sunday but no mouse in the house, I just couldn't settle as I knew it was in here somewhere.  We had tea last night and then the girls went into the kitchen to get some apple crumble, as Lucy walked back through the hall she squealed ''there's a mouse halfway up the stairs'', Bella was two steps above it with her tail swishing like crazy.
Action Stations at 'Manor Lodge', "someone grab the dog", "someone get the cats'', "Someone get me a box"!!
I just sat quietly in the lounge with Harley, listening to the commotion, after about an hour I looked out because I thought that they should have caught it by now, but NO! just like the last time the mouse had managed to outwit them, it was now hiding under the wine rack, Paul had placed my puzzle board against one side, the mouse trap and box at the front and a piece of card board at the other side (the wall at the back), Paul has the patience of a saint, an hour or so later he was still sat waiting for the mouse to run into the trap, lured by a big blob of Peanut Butter, it never happened!
I went for a shower and needed Paul's help, I could see his reluctance to leave his post!  By the time we had bothered showered Paul was expecting the mouse to have given in, we entered the hallway and say Bella's bottom sticking out from under the wine rack, Paul thought the worst, thinking the mouse had been caught, but there was no sign, Paul slowly deconstructed his barricade surprised that there was no mouse, he moved the puzzle board last, the mouse was clinging to it about half way up!
Paul quickly grabbed the box just as the mouse fell, it landed straight in the box, Paul let out a huge ''YES'', after being 'at large' for 3 days, he was finally released, let me tell you, it didn't take me as long to get to sleep last night!

Today's card uses up one of the Pixie Powder backgrounds that I was playing with when I was making Karen's Birthday card, I used a couple of different blues, sprinkled on top watercolour card that I had spritzed with water, watching the Powders move out like fireworks is amazing.  I allowed it to dry and then I added versamark and clear embossing powder over the whole piece and then I heat set. this gave a really shiny blue background, I love all the texture of the Watercolour card and the shine enhances the paint perfectly.
I decided that I would use a FREE Chloe die that came with a magazine, it is like a Snowflake frame, a great free die!  I added foam pads to the back of the frame to give some dimension.  I then die cut the sentiment and added that an at angle in the centre of the frame. I then mounted the top layer onto to some mats and layers and added some gems.
I quite like how it turned out!

I hope you all have a lovely dat,

Love and  hugs,

Sandra
xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-Love today’s card, it’s great. The background is stunning. Glad to hear the mouse has been captured!

    Thank you for all your good wishes for Phil. He did a 14 hour day yesterday (including traveling) do he was exhausted last night. Luckily he’s at home today to set up his computer & email account.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele.
      Congratulations to Phil on his new job. I hope his hours of work aren’t to long.
      I hope work isn’t to stressful at the moment. Well more stressful than it usually is.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Very pretty card SANDRA.

    Still very wet and damp here.I hate this type of weather it's the sort that really gets into the bones and doesn't do anyone any good.

    It's K&N today the first since I got back so it will be nice to catch up.

    The CAFE is OPEN usual hours so pop infor a cuppa and a chat.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe particularly all with pets tonight.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      It’s also very damp here as well. We’re also supposed to have a sharp frost tonight. I’m not a fan of winter.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    A lovely card today.. the background is stunning and I was lucky enough to see it in the flesh so to speak. All my Christmas Dies are sat in a box unused which is such a shame.
    I’ll photograph some of my cards and send you. Looking forward to seeing you later. Also a very dull day here today as well.
    Hope Sophie feels better soon. I didn’t realise that Evie Sophie f Co’s cousin was at Coventry Uni as well. Not until Soph said they were going up to Evie’s Halloween party at the weekend. She shares a house with 3 other girls. Has made loads of new friends which her Mum is quite happy about. As she’s had a boyfriend for a couple of years and saw him most days she got quite insular. He goes up most weekends though to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. I love your card. The background with the shiny embossed finished is beautiful and what a fabulous “freebie” die. As always my heart goes out to you when you have one of Bellas “ presents “ but I did laugh as I can just imagine the chaos once the mouse was seen on the stairs. Happy to hear that it was finally caught and I’m not surprised you were able to sleep well last night my lovely. Give the girls my love and I hope you manage to avoid the bugs. I agree that no matter how old they are they still want hugs when they aren’t feeling well, bless them xx
    Brenda, congratulations on another grandson passing his driving test, and first time too. X
    Karen, how is your foot healing? It’s always a worry when you have diabetes isn’t it x
    Maria, sorry to hear you have picked up Ricks bug. Make sure you drink lots of weather and very hot tea x
    Michele, congratulations to Phil on taking what must have been a very big plunge into a different job. Hope he enjoys it x
    Janet, glad you found a suitable tractor. It is hard to find good quality ones these days isn’t it x
    Mum, hope you and Pop are ok. Love you xx
    I have ironing to do so better get on. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card SANDRA I haven’t put clear embossing powder on top of a PP background I must give that a go
    I am so relieved that the intruder has been caught Sounds like it was chaos!
    The foot seems OK I am a bit neurotic about keeping it dry So I am working from home as it is so wet here I have an appointment on Thursday
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra thank goodness you have managed to get rid of your visitor. Your cards yesterday & today are lovely.xxx
    Maria & OH hope you are feeling better, hugs coming your way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, rain and very chilly wind.

    Sandra love the card, don’t have any pixie powders, still trying what to do for my Christmas cards.

    Hope you are well , especially those with this awful cold that’s doing the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra your card is lovely , that amazing background certainly adds a beautiful depth to your design . I really love it. xx
    So pleased you have said goodbye to your uninvited guest, it must have been such a relief to get a good night’s sleep and not worry about your visitor putting in an appearance. It sounds like the cold season has invaded your house Sandra, hope these bugs (like your little visitor) don’t outstay there welcome.

    Maria hope you and Rick are starting to feel better.

    Sending caring hugs for everyone, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete