Friday 8 November 2019

Glittery Trees and Next Weeks Challenge



๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚Happy Birthday Brenda๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰



Good Morning Ladies,

Ladies please join me in wishing our Lovely Brenda a Very Happy Birthday, I hope you have a lovely day with family and that they spoil you just as you deserve my lovely XXXXXX

I know for some of you it's 'swear word' day but for me it's the start of the weekend and Paul has half day too, YAY!
I spent most of yesterday cutting out and shaping flowers for a special project I am making, I'm going for all 'Autumnal' shades for this one. I hope to finish it today.

Today's card is another of the cards that I made with Sue's 'The Works' dies on Wednesday afternoon, I really love this one, I didn't think I would at first but it die cuts beautifully and looks a lot more delicate than you think it will be when you look at the die.
What could be prettier than a tree made of snowflakes?
I die cut the tree out of the prettiest pale blue Glitter card, now you would think that because the die is a cheaper one that it would struggle to cut through glitter card but no, it cut like a dream.
I cut it once out of glitter card and twice out of white card and layered them together.
I layered some Blue matt foil card with the blue glitter card and placed the tree on the top.
I embellished the tree with some matching blue sparkles.  I kind of didn't want to spoil the look with a sentiment so I will add that on the inside.

Your Next Challenge

For next week's challenge I would like you to make a card or project that features Trees and Leaves, it can be a Christmas Tree, Silhouette Tree, stamped or die cut, the same with leaves, I really don't mind.
My only rule is that you have fun making your projects and as always I look forward to seeing what you come up with. xxx

What have you all got planned for the weekend?  I hope you have a lovely one however you are spending it.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx 

13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-another great card. The Dies from The Works are excellent value & good quality. Great challenge for next week too.

    So much for just popping round to friends last night to drop some books off-we got home after 10pm! They were great company & we seemed to cheer Alec up (he’s got prostate cancer & they’ve stopped treatment as it wasn’t working).

    I have the joy of a phone conference this morning with our Auditors to try to work out answers to our questions then we might be able to start our cleaning & testing!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again- Happy Birthday Brenda. Hope you have a fantastic day.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA.I hope you have a wonderful day doing lovely things with the people you love.

    Two more lovely cards SANDRA.

    YES it's got round to the 'swear' word day again. Why oh why does time seem to fly towards this day.lol. Well the washer is already churning away and it will definitely be a tumble dryer day. We had the most awful day yesterday with torrential rain from start to finish with lots of roads around flooded even water coming through the top layer of some roads. It's fine at the moment so fingers crossed it stays that way so the water can drain.

    I have some verses to put into Seasonal cards later today and get my CCs off.

    The CAFE is oPEN for you all to pop in for a chat and a cuppa. Everyone welcome new friends or old.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you managed to get your washing dry Janet.
      The main road that I drive up to get to my house has water just gushing down it, just like a river, It’s coming off of the fields as it usually does. But due to new flood defences put in by the council after a boy drowned ina storm drain it no longer goes into people’s houses.

      Delete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA I don’t think my card will have arrived today but it’s in the post
    Great card SANDRA and the challenge is something we can do for all sorts of occasions
    It has turned bitterly cold here and I’m only in Watford! We’re waiting for a train to go to Liverpool and that’s even colder! We’re off to do a bit of sightseeing as OH has only been the once to a Salsa weekender and we didn’t really leave the hotel
    Foot is OK but still need to go back and forth to the hospital to have dressing changed
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy your weekend in Liverpool & yes, it’s bitterly cold here!!!!!!

      Michele

      Delete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY To Our Brenda, have a lovely day.

    Your card Sandra are beautiful and I so wish I could join in this weeks cc but as soon I'm standing up the room spinning so much so have to lay down again. Hot and cold in stages. I wish no one of you get this bug, it's horrible.

    Karen have a nice time in Liverpool. A place I never been to.

    Have a good weekend all and hugs to you all, extras for you who need some. Love Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in cafรฉ,
    Brenda have a lovely birthday & spend it with doing you enjoy, your card is in the post.xxx
    Sandra another lovely card, have good weekend.xxx
    Janet hope the weather improves.xxx
    Sending hugs to all especially Maria & Lynda love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    THANK YOU EVERYONE for you beautiful cards and thoughtful wishes, I can see the cards from where I sit in the lounge, each card is so different from next - they really are stunning. I have chosen not to go out for a meal today, its cold and damp outside also I like my creature comforts, so armchair supper it will be..... I’m a very happy bunny xx

    JANET I saw the dreadful floods in Sheffield on the news last night. I was so pleased you had told us your house is higher up. My heart goes out to all the people affected, we forget just how much damage water can cause. Stay safe xx

    Enjoy your evening everyone, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - Sorry Sandra I forgot to say how lovely your cards are, xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Happy Birthday Brenda. I hope you had a lovely day today with your family. So sorry I’m a bit late. I though I’d commented this morning but apparently not.
    I love the cards you made with Sues Dies Sandra, very classy. I’m not into dies but could make an exception if they have them in our works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Sorry comment went to the dark side again.
    BRENDA hope you had a lovely birthday enjoyed your dinner in door's
    It was bitter cold today so I didn't go to Tesco, Terry went on his own bless him.
    I have been in craft room. Managed to make a couple of Christmas cards.& tided up my mess,I wish I was a tidy crafter. If there's such a thing.
    Hug's for everyone Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello All very cold here as well.

    Hoppy birthday Brenda, hope you had a lovely day.

    Sandra two lovely cards, must make a start on mine tomorrow.

    Most of today spent in cardiology, just check up after my treatment, very busy, had a long wait, blood pressure very high, told them it’s always high when at hospital.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete