Tuesday 26 November 2019

Cards With Acetate Fronts



Good Morning Ladies,

I chatted with Lynda through Messenger yesterday and she told me that she had her operation on Sunday, she had been up doing physio yesterday and will be doing it again today. She was a little frustrated as she was told that they found so Clots and she has to have some Blood Transfusions, so she will have to stay in hospital for around another 5 days.  I just told her to make the most of being waited on and that it's better to be where you can be kept an eye for all the unexpected things like the Clots and also her Blood Sugar isn't right, I'm guessing it's to do with medication and maybe lack of apetite thats affecting her Diabetes.  It's frustrating that we can't send flowers but I think I might send a craft magazine, that's someting that we all like to read isn't it.
Lynda if you look in we all send you our love and wish you s Super Speedy Recovery. XXX

Cheryl sending huge hugs to you my dear friend, such sad news about your Dad, I hope you manage to get through the their Doctor surgery, I had a right job trying to speak to anyone on my mum's behalf to get her the help that she needs, I am all for confidentiality but sometimes they take it too far.
Fingers crossed you can sort things to help ease your mind a little at least XXX

Now I was busy finishing my 'Big Project' yesterday and then lost 3 hours going to the Doctors for myself, I got a telling off from the doctor, he is the loveliest GP in that he really takes time to explain everything in the simplest way so that you understand exactly what is happening and when you should 'ACT' and not just lie there and wait for it to pass like I have been doing!  I explained that both the frequency and severity of my AF gotten worse, some leaving me really finding it hard to breathe and these caused what I thought was just my body reacting because I was so anxious, pains in my chest/shoulder and arm, he told me that if that EVER happens again not to lie there and wait until it passes, I have to call an ambulance, I think both Paul and I were a little shocked.  He told me to go and have an urgent blood test, which I went and booked straight away, the first available date was 8th December, can you believe that !!  I might call today and see if I can have on somewhere else.
Depending on the result I should be able to start a small dose of a different drug! Fingers crossed.
So basically I didn't get a card made for today's blog so I thought I would share these two cards that both feature the 'Caught in Crystal' Technique, so Acetate makes up most of the front of these cards.
I loved how these two backgrounds turned out, such a fun and satisfying technique.
I hope that they give you a little inspiration.

Pat is coming over today, nothing better that crafting with friends to keep your mind of your worries!

Have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx


7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-two amazing cards & perfect for this weeks challenge.
    I’m glad you’ve been to see your GP & he’s explained how important it is to seek medical helps if your AF continues for a long period.

    Lynda-glad to heat you’ve has your Hip operation. I know it seem disappointing that you need to stay in hospital longer but they want to make sure you’re truly fit enough to be discharged home so relax + let everyone look after you.

    I have my hospital appointment this morning to see the consultant gynaecologist then I’m going straight on to work.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    A couple of lovely cards SANDRA.Love the colours too.

    LYNDA-sending huge hugs to you both. Just sit back and relax and be waited on while you have the chance.

    CHERYL-I'm so sad to hear your news about your Dad. It never rains but it pours doesn't it. Sending huge hugs to you and hoping you get some answers for Mum.

    MICHELE-hope all goes well this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all to chat with cuppa in hand.Take care and stay safe.Hugs are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Both cards are gorgeous. The die cuts look beautiful against the caught in crystal backing. If you have the backgrounds already made you can make a gorgeous card really quickly. I must sit and have a background session I think. Good on you for seeing your doctor. At least you now know what you must do when needed even though it must be scary. Hopefully the new meds will prevent you needing to even think of having to call an ambulance. Can you ring your doctor today about getting your bloods done much sooner than the 8th? That is a ridiculous length of time to have to wait for an urgent test, I’m sure he will be able help. Sending big hugs my lovely xx
    Lynda, so glad that you have had the op. Now you can concentrate on a speedy recovery. At least you are being looked after properly even though it means a longer stay in hospital now but hopefully it will prevent you having more problems later on. Love and hugs to you and Terry xx
    Michele, hope your appointment goes well x
    Brenda, glad to hear you all had a lovely time on Sunday x
    I must finish some cards today so will be making at least one that fits this weeks challenge. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh SANDRA Lovely cards I love caught in crystal technique
    I am glad you got a telling off young lady hehe! But seriously please don’t ignore the symptoms I know only too well what can happen Our GP doesn’t do blood tests we have to go to the hospital OK it May mean a long wait but at least you can go same day or whenever and get it done - unless of course it an unusual type of test
    LYNDA please take care and CHERYL I hope you can get some answers
    Today is the 10th anniversary of Gary’s passing Where has that time gone and yet it only seems like yesterday We all miss him so so much
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ladies.
    Wonderful cards with some amazing backgrounds. Take care Sandra and yes hopefully you can get the bloods done before the 8th.
    Lynda, hope the physio will help and you be soon back home with CU, hugs for you both.
    Karen, special hugs for you and the family today.x
    Michele, hope you ok and the appointment goes well.
    Take care everyone and many hugs for one and all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra I am pleased you saw the Dr, hope the new tablets work. Your card are lovely.xxx
    Lynda so glad you have had the op, just enjoy the rest, hugs to you both.xxx
    Karen thinking of you.xxx
    Cheryl sorry to hear your news.xxx
    Michele hope you get on all right.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    SANDRA I’m so pleased you went to see your GP. He sounds lovely, having taken the time to make you realise that you don’t have to put up with the distressing symptoms you have been doing. Sorry you have to wait so long for your URGENT blood test. We can go straight to haematology if our doctor requests a blood test or you can have one at the surgery before midday when a courier collects samples for testing at the hospital. I really hope you can be tested earlier, the soon your medications can be sorted out the better you should feel.
    Great you managed to chat to Lynda via messenger. LYNDA it is so frustrating for you to have to stay in hospital, but as everyone has said the rest will do you good and the physio will be a real benefit towards your recovery, take care dear friend. xx

    CHERYL hope you managed to talk to Mums GP xx

    MARGARET Thinking of you and wondering how you are, Are the meds helping and have you been offered any support? xx

    MICHELE hope the hospital appointment went well. xx

    SANDRA and PAT hope you have had a productive day - well that’s after you finished those cakes!!!
    Almost forgot to say I love both of your cards today Sandra the backgrounders are stunning.

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete