Saturday 23 November 2019

Mixed up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review





Good Morning Ladies,

First thing to day I want to update you on our Lynda, I chatted with her last night and she didn't get her surgery yesterday, they were too busy, I think that this happened after her visit to the dentist on Tuesday. She is hoping that she will have her surgery today so that she can start on the road to recovery. If you are looking in Lynda we are all sending you the hugest hugs, make the most of having your feet up and having your meals bought to you (I hope that they are edible).
Wishing you a speedy recovery my lovely xxxxx

Our First craft today is a stunning set of Christmas Crackers that Danielle made for a Design Team project, she made them using only 6 X 6 papers, they are amazing and I really love the browns and golds they look so expensive, especially displayed In a box.
Danielle has done a Tutorial for these over on her ''Crafting with Danielle Rose'' facebook group.
Here is the link to her YouTube Tutorial:

Danielle's Cracker Tutorial

Absolutely stunning crackers Danielle, thanks for sharing them with us xxx

Sophie's Artwork

 Penny Farthing made from Ribbon Reel and Cotton Reel
In this picture the Crocodiles are made from 'Bag Clips'

 Gramophone made from one of my handmade flowers.
Javelin made from a Cocktail stick

These are the four remaining artwork pieces that Sophie created on Wednesday, the challenge was to look at Household Items and try to imagine them as something completely different, her imagination absolutely blows be away.  She photographed each of the 4 items and created the artwork that turns them into something new. So she drew the chap on top of the Penny Farthing and turned the Bag Clips into crocodiles and then drew the rest of the picture and so on for all of the items.
Sophie I am so proud of you, you are an incredibly imaginative artist xxx

Michele's Magazine Review

Hi Ladies,


Diecutting Essentials comes with a versatile set of Dies this month.




Here’s the details on the back of the Dies.








First feature using the free gift shows just how versatile they actually are.





Part one of using the Dies as a Bow.




Part two.



A great article on using Diecut shapes as a mask.






That’s all for this month.
Happy Crafting

Love Michele

Thanks Michele for another great Magazine Review,  love the using different shapes as masks feature.
Thanks again for taking time to put the feature together my lovely XXX 



Michele shopping 




Michele snapped up these bargains on Ebay, those little inks will be perfect for your new found love of stamping, they are a great size for the Card-i-o stamps, they are also perfect for anyone that has problems with their hands, as they are much easier to hold.  I know Sue likes them for that reason. I am so excited to watch your stamping journey take off xxx

Did any of you get any Crafty Bargains in the Black Friday sales???


I hope that you all have a lovely weekend

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe.
    LYNDA, I am so sorry to hear your news. I am sending both you and Terry the biggest hugs, very gentle ones for you of course. I have everything crossed that you get the hip replacement today so you can get home and start to recover. I hope the food isn’t too bad, or do you get Terry to bring you food in from “outside”. I am thinking of you dear friend and please tell your CU that I am thinking of him too xxxx
    Sandra, Loved your challenge card that you shared yesterday (I got sidetracked finishing a card and looking for bargains on the Clarity site!!!)
    Sophie’s art work amazes me every time, and these are brilliant, I love the crocodiles snapping at the poor mans feet 😀 Thank you for sharing it with us Sophie. (When I tried to guess the objects used I still managed to get the penny wheel wrong on the penny farthing! At my first glance I thought it was a CD so I concentrated on trying to work out what the penny wheel actually was!!!)
    Have a good weekend my lovely xx
    Danielle, your cracker set looks beautiful, thank you for sharing X
    Michele, I look forward to seeing how you get on with this die set. Have fun with the new stamps and inks. I really do find them
    Much easier to hold, or is it less damaging when I do drop them??? X
    I actually feel much more human today thank goodness. I hope you all have a good day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda and all in need. Take care xx
    Ps I’m just off to check that number for you Sandra, forgot what I was meant to be doing xx


    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Lynda-If you get chance to pop in, I’m very sorry to hear about your fall. Fingers crossed you go to Theatre today. Sending you Get Well wishes.

    Danielle-great project, the crackers are stunning.

    Sophie-WOW!!! Absolutely fantastic pieces of art. They’re amazing.

    I’m off out early to the village then I’m going to a local craft group today. It’s mainly sewing that that do but I thought I’d give it a go! I’m attempting to make felt shapes Christmas ornaments.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    from a still very rainy and wet morning.
    LYNDA-huge gentle hugs Dear Friend.So sorry to hear you're in hospital but you will be a very different women after the op.Thinking of you both.

    DANNI-beautiful crackers and box as always.Love the colours.

    SOPHIE- your art work never fails to amaze me.Fantastic job well done.

    MICHELE-thank you for your review and I'll be having a look this morning as usual.

    It's our morning to meet Jim's Niece for coffee and a catch up and then some more seasonal shopping.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all.Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh LYNDA I am so sore to read you've Had this nasty fall and that you get the surgery today Big Big has gs to both you and TERRY xxxx

    Beautiful crackers DANIELLE I love the colours
    And again SOPHIE- your artwork is stunning I love this style of how you’ve added the characters
    Thank you MICHELE on the mag review Enjoy your crafting session
    I need to do some sewing today and finish some cards which I hope to do this morning whilst there’s a bit of natural daylight OH is just going off to PARKRUN So I’ll make a start whilst he’s out of the house
    Take care all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Lynda what can I say I really hope you have surgery today, sending hugs to you & Terry.xxx
    Sandra you must be so proud of Sophie for having the vision, the drawings are something to be proud of.xxx
    Danielle your crackers are lovely.xxx
    Michele thank you for magazine review & showing your shopping.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone.
    Oh Lynda, so sorry to hear about your fall. If you manage to look in ,I am sending you big ,big hugs and hope you get the op today so you soon on recovery. Also big hug for Terry.
    Lovely crackers Danielle.
    Fun art Sophie, you have got the eye. You must be so proud Sandra.
    Thank you Michele for the mag.review. and also some great shopping. I too started to buy the smaller cubes as they are easier to hold.
    Margaret, sending hugs for you and Pop x
    Sue, hope you feeling better. I had such a cough again last night so my day today is non existing .
    So sorry Sandra that it won't be a cc from me this week. I did start but haven't had the mojo or energy for to finish anything. Sorry to let you down.
    Sending hugs to all. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Lovely crackers that Danielle has Made Sandra. Great that they’ve been made with 6 x 6 papers as well.
    Such wonderful pictures that Sophie has created out of everyday things in the house. Not to sure if she’ll get marks for this but she should get top marks if she did.
    Great mag reviews as well Michele. It’s good to see what we can do with free gifts that come with magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda
    I’m not to sure if your looking in or not. But I hope you have your op pretty soon, and that you are up and about pretty soon. Gentle hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    WOW Sophie your artwork is brilliant, love how you have looked at everyday objects turned them into pieces of art. The bag ties and hair grips really made me smile, I hope you are enjoying your Uni course. Wishing you success and all the very best for whatever life has planned for your future. xx

    DANIELLE your crackers are lovely and the colours are gorgeous xx

    MICHELE Thank you for the magazine review, I received mine this week, I always look forward to it dropping through the letterbox, it’s my favourite craft mag. Usually I pass on any craft mags to my sister, but this one I keep hanging on to for ages!!

    LYNDA Hope you had your operation today, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending caring hugs to both you and Terry, is he coping OK while you are out of action. xx

    Tomorrow is going to be a fun packed day, Our granddaughter is 21 tomorrow and eldest grandson will be 24 on Monday so we are having a family get together tomorrow, I love it when all the family get together.

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello All, sorry not have been in for a couple of days, no excuses just forgot.

    Firstly I’m so sorry to hear about your fall Lynda, hope you had your opp by now and will soon be on the mend.

    Lovely art work today, great mag review Michele and lovely lot of shopping, when I saw your small ink pads it reminded me that I have a load of them.

    I am having a clear out of my craft stuff, I have drawers of pattern paper which I never use, and also loads of stamps that I don’t like. Going to hope I can find a nursery that might take them as it seems a shame for them to go to the tip.

    It’s late, so hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete