Saturday 16 November 2019

Mixed Up Saturday Featuring Michele's Magazine Review


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well and having a relaxed weekend, I am hoping that the weather is being kind to you. My weekend had a hectic start as Matt was doing a Craft Fair with his Bath Bomb/Soap stand, he decided late Friday afternoon that it might be nice to have boxes to put them in, so he went off to buy some Kraft card for me to make them.  As I write this I haven't started them yet, I will update you on how many I got made.

Today I am so excited to share Michele's amazing cards that she made at her 'Card-io' Workshop yesterday. Janet has made some more of her incredible boxes, a Tonic one and a proper wood box that she has decorated.
Last but by no means least is Karen's bargain buy!!

Michele





 Oh Michele your cards are just so amazing I love all of them, I can't believe that my lovely 'Non-Stamper' Friend has become such an accomplished stamper, look above she has even bought some stamps!!! I kind of new you would love it.  I can't wait to see what else you make with your new stamps. Thank you so much for sharing your cards and stamps with us xxx

Janet




Janet has been busy getting some boxes made ready for the 'Gift Giving' Season, what better way to wrap something special, or even make something inexpensive look extra special.
Janet's first box was made using the amazing Tonic Hexagon boxes, you can make so many combinations of sizes and styles with these dies.  Using Mirror card gives a real touch of luxury to the box.  Janet filled the box with Chocolates for the Knit & Natter Christmas Raffle !

Janet's second Box is a lovely wooden chest style box from the Works, Janet has decorated the boc with papers by LeBlanche, such an amazing vintage look, finished with those lovely Metal pieces.
You are our Queen of beautiful boxes Janet, thank you for inspiring us xxxx


Hi Ladies,

Papercraft Essentials has two fantastic free gifts this month-a set of geometric stamps & a 3D Embossing Folder.




These are some of the ideas you can make of the reverse of both free gifts.







Some inspiration from inside the magazine.





First of 3 features using the free gifts-cards for men.





Very modern style Cards, showing how versatile the free gifts are.





Different style again but for Christmas.





Great feature on Sliding Cards-they’d make a lovely card for a special occasion.





I’m sure we’ve all got some stencils that would work on this technique.




That’s all for this week-Happy Crafting.

Love Michele


Thank you so much Michele for a fantastic Magazine review, I love those free Stamps and embossing folder, the inspiration is incredible too. 
The Slider Card and Stenciled Wreath features are great and perfect to get you out when you are struggling with a lack of inspiration .  
Thanks again for taking time to create these reviews every week. XXX 

Karen

Karen saw this amazing Crochet Book by Kerry Lord at a great price in John Lewis, it was the only book in Kerry Lord's collection that Karen didn't have.
Karen's description below:
I took a little bit of crochet with me to Liverpool and managed to finish it and had nothing to do on train ride home Sooo I intended to buy a magazine and spotted this to read Not my favourite book BUT it now means I have all her collection It was reduced in JL so a bit of a bargain too!

I think that you will get great use out of this book Karen, I am looking forward to seeing some of those characters bought to life.  Thank you so much for sharing your shopping with us xxx



I hope you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxxx


16 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from a very wet and soggy Sheffield. Yep we have yet more rain. When is it going to stop. I really feel for those who are flooded. Having experienced it once I know how they're feeling and I don't know what I would do if we had to cope again.

    MICHELE-I just love your Cardio cards. Their stamps are lovely to use.
    Thank you for your mag review and as usual I'll be poppinginto WHS to have a look this morning.
    KAREN- your new book looks interesting and I too look forward to seeing some of your results.

    Off on our usual shopping this morning but we want to make a start on some seasonal shopping so I'm not sure how that will work out.

    The CAFE is OPEN and cakes will be available this afternoon.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your boxes JANET The first one looks very opulent and the second had some pretty papers on

      Delete
    2. Lovely boxes Janet. Love them both. Very opulent box for the K & N group.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Janet-Love both boxes, they’re gorgeous.

    Karen-glad you got a bargain when you were “Up North!

    I had so much fun yesterday-the stamped bauble just need a sentiment in the centre and a ribbon bow to complete it. That was the extra card we made as we were the only group to have finished all 3 cards in the two hours. Absolutely everything was provided (including cards & envelopes) for £20 which I think was a good price. I had a play last night but realised I don’t have the correct inks so guess what’s next on my list??!!!

    Quick shopping trip this morning then hopefully time to craft.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful Card-io can become a little addictive!
      I loved my time in Liverpool I hadn’t realised that Southport was near you!

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele
      I’m glad you enjoyed your class and a very good price as well. Love the cards you’ve made.

      Delete
    3. Sorry Michele I meant to say thanks for the mag review today.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful items on show today Your gift boxes are gorgeous JANET and so are your Card-io cards MICHELE and you’re supposedly a non stamper - hee hee!
    Like I said the Doll Emporium was the only book from Kerry’s collection that I hadn’t got So it is nice to have the whole set now
    Off to meet a friend in London later We usually go to an exhibition or something BUT because of my foot we are going to stay close to Kings Cross and go to the British Library and then have lunch at St Pancras There’s usually three of us but today there’s only two
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your day out in London with your friend, and that your foot didn’t play up to much.
      I’m glad you got your last crochet book at a bargain price.

      Delete
  4. Morning everyone.
    gorgeous boxes Janet. Have a good day shopping and hopefully the rain will stop for a while.
    Love the cards you made Michele at the workshop. Will try to get a tray out with mine and sit and have a go at stamping later. Thank you for the mag. review.
    Nice book Karen, looking forward to see you make some of the characters. Have a fun day in London.
    Another day of staying indoors for me but OH will have to go and get some food in as the cupboards are getting bare. The coughing is getting better but it will take some time to not feel so rough.
    Have a nice Saturday everyone. hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra hope you did not stay up all night making boxes, have a good weekend.xxx
    Michele lovely cards & good review.
    Janet lovely boxes.xxx
    Karen look forward to seeing what you make, enjoy meeting with friend.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who feeling under the weather love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Sorry that I haven’t commented for several days, didn’t realise I hadn’t but love all if the gorgeous cards, boxes and mag review. Glad you got a bargain book Karen x
    Sandra, the Inlovearts card you made is beautiful and what a bargain price for the set of dies. I’m sure the company are delighted and will see sales rise after customers see your gorgeous sample. I am so happy that you did manage to pluck up the courage to go to Ronks class, what an achievement my lovely. I was thinking of you all day wishing I could have made it but I am really looking forward to joining you next month. Can’t wait to see the card when you have finished it xx
    Maria, I hope you feel better each day x
    Another day of doing nothing as the mind is willing but the body is not sadly due to some bug!
    I am thinking of all of you that aren’t well at the moment. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, dry but very cold.

    Michele love your cards, I have bought some of these stamps in the past, but didn’t do a very good job. Great mag review.

    Janet love your boxes, very clever.

    Karen great bargain find.

    Did a card my card for this week, apart from that I’ve not done much.
    Looks as though Federer is going to loose his match today. Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Late again I’m afraid. I hope you manage to get some boxes made for Matt. Your children do love a last minute dash for you don’t they. No rain today but very dull and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Late sorry I went in craft room this morning making Challenge card
    I did manage to make two cards sent them to Sandra before I binned them
    Then I noticed the time & all my body hert.
    JANET YOUR BOXES Are gorgeous
    KAREN well done on finding your book & glad yo enjoyed your trip to Liverpool
    MICHELE your cards are lovely glad you enjoyed your workshop
    MARIA HOPE you feel better as the weeks go on. HUG'S XX
    Hug's all round Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete