Monday 11 November 2019

My Pop - Up Box





Good Morning Ladies,

Before we start with today's blog, I would like to take time to remember those that gave their lives so that we could live ours freely.  We will remember them xx

I hope that you have all had a lovely relaxed weekend, mine was a little miserable as I have full blown flu, I can feel every single muscle in my body.  Paul is still coughing and sneezing too so you can imagine how are nights are going!!   I so wish that somebody had found a cure for flu, I am cross with myself as both Paul and I could have had the Flu jab but it's something that neither of us had got round to thinking about, I don't think I have ever really had the flu to this extent anyway, other than drinking plenty and painkillers you have to pretty much sit it out.  I hope and pray that none of you get it.  
I am sad also as Pat wanted to come over today as she has a friend visiting tomorrow but it wouldn't be fair to expose her to these germs plus I don't have the energy to do anything, I had to have Paul help me back to bed from the shower this morning, I think that the AF is making the whole thing worse to be honest.

Karen and I challenged each other to make a 'Pop-Up' Box, I shared Karen's Snowflake Pop-Up box with you yesterday and today I am sharing mine.
I went for something a little different, I tried to make the Box look like a wooden planter and then went on to stamp and die cut and shape lots and lots and lots of flowers and foliage to fill the box.
It has the 3 'shelf' pieces going across like a normal pop up box, so that you can space the flowers out evenly.  I cut an old plastic die package into narrow strips and glued some of the flowers onto the strips so that I could get some height, the good thing is the packaging is see through so it doesn't really show up.
I was going for 'Autumnal' Colours with Copper accents.
What do you all think??  
It may not come as a surprise to you that I doubted myself many times over placement of flowers, height etc!! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is fantastic, it’s perf. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    Phil has full blown Flu 3 years ago so we’ve both had the flu vaccine ever since as it was quite scary to see a healthy person become so ill.

    Can’t believe the weekend is over & I’m getting ready for work again. Hubby is away tonight so I’m planning on spending my evening in my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I hope work isn’t too stressful this week for you. Must get my flowers picot cut that I did on Sat while at a Groovi class.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Today we remember EVERYONE WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR ALL FOR THEIR COUNTRY AND ITS PEOPLE. Today is the one day in the year that we ALL must put aside anything that is going on in our lives and give thanks to OLD and YOUNG who have given us our FREEDOM to live as we wish.WE REMEMBER EACH ONE.

    A lovely planter of flowers SANDRA.I hope that you begin to feel better soon.

    I have a morning to myself as Jim is on duty.
    This afternoon I will start to sew together the elephant I have been crocheting.Fingers crossed he will look as he is supposed to.lol

    The CAFE is OPEN usual hours so pop in for a chat and a cuppa.HUGS are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo everyone’s feelings/thoughts Today is about remembering all service men/women and the sacrifices they made
    Your card is amazing SANDRA It looks far more intricate and difficult than mine I love it
    I hope you feel better soon and yes get the jab It doesn’t stop you getting flu but it’s in a milder form and less dangerous too
    I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Liverpool We spent about 3 hours in The Cavern listening to live music and looking at all of the old memorabilia Who’d have thought eh! For somebody not that bothered about seeing it OH had a great time - hence the 3 hour stay
    I hope the elephant comes together OK JANET Please let us see it
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      I’m glad you both enjoyed your trip to Liverpool.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Thinking of all who gave their lives so that we may live in peace, we remember them.
    Sandra hope you feel better soon, your box is lovely. Hugs are on the way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Sandra I do hope your feeling better soon. Talking of flu jabs I suppose I should ring up and book myself in for one. Sorry I won’t be able to see you this week, but your right I don’t really want to catch flu.
    Love the box and my word you’ve put a lot of flowers in it.
    Take care when out if you’ve had flooding where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra your box card is beautiful, I love the autumnal colours. Did you make the flowers with your flower shaping press ? ( sorry can’t think what it’s called) They really look real.

    Sorry I haven’t been in for a couple of days, Friday my sister was admitted to hospital with pains in her chest, back and arm, won’t go on with the details, needless to say it was a very worrying time, I’m pleased to say she was allowed to go back home yesterday afternoon, so it was a stressful weekend. She is determined to carry on as normal and tomorrow plans to go into the primary school we all went to, she was asked to go in and give a talk to the children.

    Sandra I hope the flu eases up soon, I have had several bouts of fully blown flu. It’s something you want to pass on to anyone. Rest, keep warm and drink plenty, and when you are better be sure to have the flu jab, xx

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all
    Gorgeous box card Sandra, love all the flowers.Wishing you and Paul better.
    Yesterday's card are all fabulous and I wish I had made some more already but it just have to wait until the room stopped spinning. OH took me yesterday to the walk in clinic for I couldn't catch my breath so got an inhaler but have used it all day today and it's done nothing then made my cough worse and the temp is up and down as a yoyo. We had our fly jabs in early October. Guess is just a waiting game but I'm not very patient.
    Take care everyone and many warm hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete