Sunday 3 November 2019

Your 'Man' Challenge cards






Good Morning Ladies,

I hope your Saturday wasn't as wet as ours, we were hopeful early on in the day and pegged the washing out on the line (well Paul did), as I hate having wet washing hanging around the house.
It was out there for about 45 minutes to an hour and then the heavens opened and the rain continued for the rest of the day and night and I'm talking ⛆☔🌧 constant torrential rain, I think that all of the fields around here are totally saturated as the rain is just flooding all of the roads, I am just thankful that isn't cold enough to freeze because that would make it frighteningly dangerous to drive.  I am dreading the girls having to drive in ''winter'' weather, not just Sophie driving to Coventry either, the roads that Lucy drives to work will be awful in winter. 
You know I don't think that there is anything out there that prepares us as Parents for how much we will worry about our children, for their whole lives too not just those early years! 

Let's get on and look at your amazing 'Man' cards......


Maria 




Maria has gone for some adorable Fay Whittaker style scenes for this weeks 'Man' Challenge cards, 
the first card is just such a lovely scene, it makes me wish that children were still dressed like that today.
Maria's second card is the one she has made for her Dad for Father's Day, I just love it Maria.

I love your cards Maria, I know that your Dad will love his Father's Day card.
Thank you so much for taking part, I do hope that Rick is feeling better today, sending hugs XXX


Lilian 

Lilian has created an amazing card for our 'Man' card challenge, the scene you have created on that topper is just Stunning Lilian, everything is blended so perfectly, we can see all of the detail in the grass/foliage in the foreground, which blends beautifully to the water with the sun almost glinting on the surface of the water, we then blend into that gorgeous sky with the hazey sun, clouds and birds soaring. The striking grass/stem stamped as a silhouette in the foreground ties the whole thing together, a beautiful piece of art! The mats and layers that you have created work so well and the simple black and white sentiment allows the artwork to take your full focus.
You absolutely delight me with your artwork Lilian, I could spend hours looking at your cards.
Thank you so much for taking part. XXX
Karen



Karen has created 3 amazing cards for our 'Man' Challenge this week, 3 very different Man cards too.

Cards 1 & 2:
The New Baby girl card was so quick to do that a made a New Baby boy card I used a lovely paper pad from The Works called Enjoy this Sweet Moment It’s 12x12 And for 24 double sided sheets Cost £3
The second is for a work colleague and I used a leftover HAPPY which I cut apart I found the image on Google Took into Serif and created the matching background papers xx

Card 3:
I have made the card before but this time used new products
Basically it’s a layout of a Serif CD-ROM that I won on C&C
I have cut the hat, banner and moustache again a couple of times and decoupaged it I also changed the wording on the banner I used copper penny Nuvo drops which after an hour or so I used a pokey tool to create the screw heads
The background also has Tim Holtz cogs which has Magic Mica ... The monocle is a cog with a HoneyDoo cabochon/gem


Michele 



Michele's 'Man' challenge card is the card that she made for Phil's Birthday, the green card that you have used is perfect as it almost gives the texture of grass.
The card is based on Phil's favourite sport and hobby 'Golf', the Step card worked perfectly for this card Michele, I love all of your embellishments too.
Thank you so much for taking part XXX

Janet





Janet made an incredible 4 'Man' Challenge cards this week, a real variety of cards too, I will hand over to Janet for the description..…...

1.I found this card in my 'completed' file ready to be posted and I cannot remember sending it but fits this week's Challenge. Everything on this card is La Blance.

2. For this card I used La Blance backing paper and Art Stamps by Bee Crafty.

3. Once again I used La Blanche paper for the backing. The main image is a stamp from Sheena Douglas 'Remember When' series entitled 'Young Bob'.

4.For my last card this week The backing paper is from a pad 'It's a Mens World' bought from The Works ages ago. Again the image is a Sheena Douglas one from her 'Remember When' series titled 'Back of the Net'

Thank you so much Janet for 4 amazing Challenge cards XXX


Lynda



Ooh Lynda, I love this card, the papers are just stunning, I think that your card for this weeks challenge would work perfectly for Men or Women.
I love the fold you have created and the way you have embellished it, using both old and new dies, it's stunning Lynda.
Thank you so much for taking part Lynda XXX

Brenda

Absolutely Brilliant 'Man' card from Brenda for this weeks Challenge!
I love that Background Brenda, I think a map can really personalise a card, the Motorbike is brilliant and perfect for this card.
You certainly find some treasures when you clear your desk off! 
Every thing on your card works brilliantly Brenda, including that fab sentiment.  
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge Brenda XXX

Ladies, I think that you have all cracked 'The Man Card' curse, you have all made amazing cards for Men, I know that this wasn't an easy challenge for you, which makes me even more grateful to all of you for taking part.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

16 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today, all amazing & so different.

    We had rain from mid morning yesterday so I got a bit soggy doing my shopping then helping my Dad. He seemed quite pleased to have almost emptied the shed. It needs replacing & we’ve come up with a plan.
    Meal last night was lovely & we got home earlier than usual which was a nice bonus.

    Housework this morning then if it stays fine we’ll go for a walk, craft room if it rains!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal last night Michele. Let’s hope the rain keeps off.

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards ladies I do struggle to make male cards Apart from the New Baby card - first time O have used it - the other two are old ideas using newer products
    We had awful rain too yesterday but it’s a clear sunny day today Like you SANDRA we always worry about our children regardless of their age I hope to go to Hobbycraft later for some yarn but I expect a few things might fall into my basket,,,
    I hope Rick is getting better MARIA
    Enjoy your Sunday ladies Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    What a fantastic set of cards for Men on the boards this week.

    We too had torrential rain from around 10.00 yesterday morning so we both got wet on our return from shopping. Once again as not so long ago it was like a Panto scene getting from the car to the house me with my 'wheelie' dressed in body warmer and Jim's had and he with four shopping bags. Ah well it gives the neighbours something to smile about lol.

    I have to go birthday gift shopping this morning for a tractor for my youngest Great Grandson and then a trip to Doncaster to map a route out for Wednesday night when we are their to see ashow. (should be fun).

    The CAFE is OPEN and it's Roast Pork for lunch with Apple Crumble for afters. Place your orders please. Hugs are on their way to youall. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet I have visions of you climbing up onto a tractor and trying them out. Good job it’s not a real one and you have to try it out in the soggy fields that are around us.

      Delete
    2. How Funny Janet, we are actually having roast pork, stuffing and apple sauce, followed by homemade apple crumble! Great minds think alike! I always think that roast pork and apple sauce and apple crumble are really 'autumnal'
      The girls aren't so keen on pork as it can be dry but thats what we are having! Tesco had a great deal on pork joints which is half the reason we are having it. I have to decide now whether I slow roast it in the Aga on roast it quickly in the Remoska, decisions, decisions!
      I hope you all have a lovely sunday xxxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Wow what a fantastic array of men’s cards today. Each and everyone different.
    We also had torrential rain yesterday. Luckily I’d finished my shopping and was virtually home when the heavens opened. I mostly shop at Sainsbury’s and get coupons for points on what I buy usually. I laughed when the 1st one came out as it was get so many points when you spend £60. Well I never spend that much in one go now. The lady on the till said. I get those and as I live on my own I never spend that much. Me neither I said. It’s very dull here at the moment. No lunch for me today Janet as I’m off out to lunch today.
    Hope Rick is feeling better today Maria. I hope your feeling ok today as well Lynda. Hugs for everyone whose feeling under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra enjoy your roast pork, apple sauce &apple crumble. Hope we don't have any more rain, enjoy your Sunday.xxx
    All the cc are perfect for men, well done to all.xxx
    Janet please reserve a roast pork & apple crumble for me. Hope you do not to suffer from getting wet.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra and ladies
      We also had torrential rain yesterday we got soaked just coming out of Tesco to the car.
      Wowser fantastic array of men's cards today all different.well done everyone..SANDRA all your CC were fantastic wish I could make cards like yours. Not up to much today so going in craft room soon. It needs a sort out the thing is when I have done it I forget where I have put things so I think I will have to label each draw. & all my folders.but that's not a quick job for me anyway.
      Well I better go & start with a cuppa &cake .☕️🍰Xx Oh yes
      Love &Hugs Lynda xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe' today.
    Love,love all the cards for men. Hopefully they will give some ideas for us when a card is needed for the men in our life's.
    Karen- have some fun looking around Hobbycraft, hope you find some wool you need.
    Janet- roast pork sound good so hope I'm not too late and apple crumble is always a hit.Hope you and Jim are alright after coming back.
    Michele- glad you had a nice time out last night.
    Lynda- hope your legs are feeling better today. Try to put them up high when you can. A seat in the shower is good, do take care when going out again.
    Pat- you have to stock up on food, cleaning material and loo papers, then it's easy to reach the £60. Take care.
    Cheryl- is it this weekend you have the fair ? if so, I hope it's all goes well and you selling lots.
    OH is having another day in bed, he is having a horrid cough and hot and cold. I'm hoping to make a start on next week cc, well I need loads more x-mas cards so that's good but like to find an easy one for making a batch of and as usual my head is all over. Might have a look on Pinterest later and see if something pops out.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone. Many hugs for you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      I’m not stocking up as much now. Used to do a lot of that when Pete was here.
      Hope Rick feels better soon.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a fabulous range of “Male” cards today. Once again I forgot to send you a picture of the anniversary card Mum decided on from her to Pop! Sorry Mum and Sandra. I hope you enjoyed your roast pork and apple crumble lunch. Both are favourites of mine. I see that we weren’t the only ones to have rain by the bucket load yesterday! Such a shame for all of the organised firework events, especially the local charity fund raising ones.
    Sandra, I think it was less worrying when our children were smaller rather than now when they are driving etc.!
    Karen, think your idea of making screw heads out of Nuevo/pearl drops is genius. I will try and remember to give that a try x
    I hope you have all had a good day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a fantastic display of ‘Male’ Cardstock for this weeks challenge. All so different and so very very inspiring . Thank you Sandra for encouraging us to think outside our comfort zone.

    MARIA Hope OH is starting to feel better, you will know he is improving when he takes back the TV remote!!! Seriously I hope he is better soon. xx

    LYNDA I hope you are resting those legs. xx

    JANET You paint a lovely picture of your return home from your shopping trip, hope you both didn’t get to wet. xx

    Sleep well everyone, love Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should sayCARDS for this weeks challenge. xx

      Delete
  9. Hello All, a bit drier here today, and the gales have died down . Friday/ Saturday were horrendous, many trees down, and people risking their lives going to look at the high waves ( spring tides ) !

    Today’s cards are all so different, love them all.

    It’s late so I’ll say hugs to all and goodnight. Lilian

    ReplyDelete