Sunday 23 July 2023

Your Bright & Cheerful cards

 






Good Sunday Morning,  

It now seems to be a pattern that every time we move house it rains, not a light sprinkle of rain, we had torrential rain all day!  We had a tip run to start the day, I wasn't intending going but paul is a technophobe,  he refuses to have Internet activated on his phone, so I had to go because to get into the tip you need to scan the QR code they send you, I tried to explain to him how to use my phone but....no, he wasn't buying it, so I had to tag along!  The rain started on the way back home, we were filling the car with small boxes of fragile things to clear some room in this house and we were meeting becca for lunch and take her to new house,  paul got soaked filling the car,  once packed we set off, Becca had changed her mind though as work had been too busy.  She is also moving and hands their current house over on Tuesday, so I think she was getting a bit stressed,  hopefully we can reschedule for next week.

We have another tip run today too, more packing I guess, I have the cooker in bits too giving it a deep clean!  Too many jobs, too little time!!!

Your Challenge Cards 

Karen


Karen's Description:

Here’s a card for Sunday 
Blended DO 
Squeezed Lemonade 
Spiced Marmalade
Abandoned Coral
Miss P Loves dies
Julie Hickey sentiment

Oh Karen your blend is beautiful,  those colours are beautiful, it's always the colours you don't expect to work that surprise you!!  I am definitely going to play with those colours 😍 
That Miss P die works so well as a silhouette die, I have never thought of using them without the Miss P Album! 
Thank you so much for the Inspiration Karen XXX

Lilia


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for tomorrow, 

The stamps I used were Tim Holtz, large botanicals and tiny prints.
Back grounds is various shades of Oxide ink, stamped and then sprayed with water. The greeting is an old Kay Karley one.
Hope your weekend is going well . Lilian

Oh Lilian,  your card looks like you have mounted a photo or a negative of a photo, I love it, those stamps are so versatile.  I can't wait to see what else you do with them.  Your background works perfectly too.  
I know you will have loved having the house full this passed week but that silence and calmness returns you can sit and exhale and unwind is bliss XXX.

Maria


Maria's Description:    

Cards for tomorrow:  

From your stamps that you let me try out in Watford. Speckled Egg and a bit of green. 

My next card started off at a craft tutorial at the NEC.  

Quilling flowers in a Iris folded vase. Made a few leaves to hide the mess from the glue 🤭😊

Enjoyed doing the Irish folding so will see if I can find any other pattern.

Two really lovely cards Maria, I love what you did with the stamping you did at Watford,  I love the colours you used too. Your pearl is the perfect match to your stamping too.  

Your second card is beautiful,  I love the combination of Quilling and Iris Folding, I would never have thought of combining the two!  Your vase is so textured and colourful.  The flowers are so pretty and the leaves look like they were meant to be there.

Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


Sonia





Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  First card is a Crafters Companion background die over a smooshed distress oxide ink background and Tim Holtz butterfly.

Card 2:  Second card 2 inked butterflies on smooshed background.

Card 3:  Third card Tracey Hey papers and sentiments with Spellbinders die cut flowers.

Three amazing, beautifully coloured cards Sonia, thank you so much for sharing them with us and inspiring us XXX 

Sue

Sue's Description:

I almost didn’t send this card as I really don’t like the way it turned out. I used one of the alcohol ink backgrounds we made the other day as the pinks are very bright! The die cuts are freebies from a magazine xx

Sue I have no idea why you don't like how it turned out, it's awesome, I love how you have paired the alcohol ink background with the peachy/ orange card, it works perfectly 🥰  thanks for the Inspiration,  I will keep your card photo as a screenshot so I can refer to it when I am out of ideas XXX

**************************
Ladies,  you sure brightened my dreary Sunday with your bright and very beautiful cards.  
Thank you all so very much, I am so incredibly grateful to all of you. 🥰😍🤩

Janet, I hope you got to Calais at a reasonable time, I was checking the traffic through the port throughout the day, they were blaming the delays on French Border control for delays, as since Brexit every passport has to be signed abd dated.  Oddly though that doesn't cause delays on the Eurotunnel.  I hope today's journey is smooth and that you arrive in good time xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. A shame you didn’t get to go to Becca’s new house but as the weather was so atrocious anyway you’re probably better off waiting until she’s in and settled
    My OH would be exactly like Paul However he does do FB and now orders library books from the library’s App!
    We got absolutely soaked at bowls Unbeknown to us they did a meal So felt obliged to stay There I am sitting with a blanket wrapped around me because I forgot to take a change of clothes with me They thought that we were great sports that we didn’t rush off
    We play again today I hope it stays dry
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I’d said - the cards are amazing and lovely to see some bright colours

      Delete
  2. Morning everyone
    Lovely cards, I love them all and their brighter colours.
    Janet, hoping the journey went well. Have a nice time in Marigny.
    Oh Karen, hopefully it's stays dry for you today.. Have fun.
    Sending hugs to you all and wish you a nice Sunday. Hopefully you are doing something fun today. I'm speaking to my parents later for a catch up so looking forward to that. Take care all. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lovely cards on display today, they’re beautiful 😊
    I worked this weekend so looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Better weather here today than yesterday. Karen, hope you had it too whilst playing bowls.
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards ladies. I love the Tim Holtz botanical stamps. Xx
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Showers today and quite chilly.
    Sandra your new house looks lovely, hope the move goes well.

    Love all the cards today, the Tim Holtz stamps are well worth their money , I love them.
    Have a good sleep everyone, Lilian

    ReplyDelete