Monday 17 July 2023

Karen's Card For Teacher

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Well that weekend was soon over, the highlight was seeing the Lancaster from The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fly past, it was a reminder of the years we spent in Lincolnshire while Paul was at RAF Coningsby,  the Lancaster,  Spitfire & Hurricane flew over really low almost every Sunday in the summer, such a magnificent thing yo see 😍!  

Other than that we were packing, packing & more packing,  I managed a few boxes, or ornaments mostly, Oh and the dreaded plastic /tupperware cupboard,  I am being completely honest when I say that we rarely have a take-away, its usually for a Birthday,  Father's day etc but my goodness have we accumulated a huge pile of plastic tubs from take-away,  I virtually filled to bursting a big bin liner full of those tubs, plus a few Icecream tubs etc that where in there too, it felt very liberating 🤣😂, annoyingly though I could only manage about ten minutes at a time before needing to rest.  I felt so good to be decluttering, then yesterday morning Lucy bought down a big laundry basket full of recycling, old school books, trainer boxes etc, so I got Paul to carry the box outside and went out to sort through everything and fit what I could in cardboard recycling,  I fully filled one recycle box and was coming to the end, there was a Yankee Candle tin, with a hinged lid, then there was a nice size box with a magnetic closure and finally a really good quality,  sturdy shoe box, well Ladies,  I just couldn't throw them away, my reasoning was they would be good for storage in my craft room! !! I have left them right by the door though in case I change my mind 🙄😬

I am sharing the card that Karen made for Oscar to give his Teacher .....

Karen's Description:

Here are the cards I made for Oscar's Teachers, I’m really pleased at how they’ve turned out All done on Serif and the piece of puzzle is a die cut.

Absolutely amazing idea Karen,  I can see the teacher shedding a tear or two, it's such a Special message.  I bet Charlotte loved them.  Thank you so much for sharing them with us XXX 

Ladies I hope that you all have a great start to the week, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better Sandra now that the antibiotics have finished and hopefully they’ve worked
    Thank you for showing my cards As well as making cards from the whole class Charlotte wanted cards from Oscar as he is leaving this school 😢 I didn’t want anything too girlie and Charlotte saw something similar somewhere So I had a photograph to copy I included the rainbow because one of its meanings is inclusivity Fingers crossed Oscar will enjoy the Special Needs school he will be going to
    We both won at bowls yesterday and managed to dodge the rain
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love the cards Karen, they’re fabulous and Oscars teachers will treasure them 😊
    Well done again with your bowls matches 😊
    Sandra, I hope you’re feeling better and among all the packing, managing to rest too 🥰 I’d be the same with those boxes and tin, you never know when they’ll come in handy 😀
    Been to work for a couple of hours - overtime - now just having a bite to eat before heading to Dorset to pick up James. I’m sure I’ll have time for some Teddy cuddles too when I arrive ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    Lovely cards for the teachers from Oscar. They will love it. Fingers crossed that he will be happy in his next school. Well done for winning the bowls.
    Sandra, take it easy and only do what your body let you. Will you have a moving company doing the heavy lifting and take it over to the new house 🏠?
    Have a great big hug with Teddy Sonia 🤗 x
    Brenda, hope you are alright. Sending many extra hugs to you and to anyone who need some.
    I managed to have a little walk out in the sunshine, before the rain came this afternoon. It was nice but I am now pretty sore and tired so will do some crystal work, hoping to finish it today ☺️
    Lilian, did you see the men's Wimbledon yesterday ? We did, and it was very exciting 😀
    Sending many hugs to you all. Have a good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Karen what a lovely idea for teachers cards, I’m sure Oliver’s teachers will treasure them. I hope he will be happy in his new school. Well done both of you for winning at bowls. xx
    Sonia have a safe journey to Dorset, Teddy will be loved forward to having a Nanny cuddle xx
    Maria don’t go overdoing all that walking, your poor knees will be quite sore, take care xx
    Sandra well done for rescuing the tin and box from Lucy’s clear out. Some boxes and containers are just to good to be thrown away, it’s great you are able to see a new use for them.
    Went out for my INR blood check this morning that’s as exciting as my day has been, just chilled out since then.
    Hope everyone is well, take care, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia that should say …. Teddy will be LOOKING forward to having a Nanny cuddle xxx

      Delete