Monday 24 July 2023

Maria's Beautiful Crystal Art


 

Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that the sun is shining on you wherever you are and I hope that you week sets off on the right foot.

We had mixed bag of weather yesterday,  bright & sunny one minute then dark and gloomy the next, quite a strong wind too.  We spent the day doing an assortment of things, I have removed the shelves from the over and placed them in a solution of Soda Crystals and boiling water, now I will say that I had my doubts but I was so wrong, I lifted them out after a couple of hours and just wiped them over with a scourer/sponge, the baked on brown residue just wiped off !!!😲 I was amazed!!   We also have a deep fat fryer, a rectangular stainless steel one, we bought it a few years ago and it has been lurking in the back of the cupboard,  I could never get it clean, the congealed oil just wouldn't budge, so I declared it was going to the tip, Paul & the girls faces resembled a child that had had its favourite teddy taken away!  What about churros and doughnuts 🍩!!  So I reached out to Nancy Birtwistle and asked her how would I clean an old deep fat fryer that had congealed oil etc all over, she responded and said to fill it with Soda Crystals and boiling water, I was sceptical but did as suggested,  after getting back from Becca's on Saturday,  I had a look st the fryer and every bit of oil and grease had disdolved away, it was like new!!  Of course Paul had kept the box so 🙄 so it was packed upready to be moved!!  The best part is that the Soda Crystals,  Bicarbonate of soda etc are not harmful to the environment, for the oven I would have normally used that Oven Pride box kit, that has the bags in for your shelves, you have to wear a mask amd gloves!  

Today I delighted to be able to share with you Our Maria's biggest Crystal Ary painting so far!!              Maria, what a gorgeous scene,  I love the reflection in the water too, the clouds and trees give the whole thing an almost 3D look, it's definitely one of those paintings that the more you look at it the more detail you see.  I totally understand how you can get addicted to doing these.                                     Thank you so much Maria for sharing your Crystal Art masterpiece with all of us XXX 😍

Ladies, I hope you have an amazing day,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    I’ve just found my comment for yesterday sat here waiting for me to hit publish! All of the challenge cards were beautiful. Lovely to see so many different styles and colours.
    Sandra, I’m glad the soda crystals did the job. I will definitely be trying them for more cleaning. I use them in sinks and toilets because Mum always did to keep them fresh and clean. Some of the “old” ways are the best and much safer. I hope the packing is going well my lovely xx
    Maria, wow how long did it take you to complete this lovely picture? There is so much detail in it. You must be very patient xx
    I’m still plodding away at my stamp storage. I’m determined to get them all sorted properly for once and for all! I hope you all have s as good day. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria that’s gorgeous To be able to capture all of that detail is amazing I suppose you get into a rhythm and it’s very therapeutic
    We had a bit of a shower during the match yesterday but nothing like Saturday
    Out dancing this evening but hope to start a challenge card this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your crystal art picture Maria, it’s beautiful 😍
    I think I’ll have to get Nancy’s book, and give some of her ideas a go! Tried and tested is usually the best way 😉
    Very grey and dreary here tonight with rain showers so far! I always used to say as soon as the boy’s broke up from school for the summer holidays, the rain would start! It always seems to be that way, but I have heard from next week it’s meant to be getting better.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Maria your crystal art is beautiful, your patience to complete this project amazing. It must be very tiring on your eyesight.
    Sounds like you did a great job on the cooker. Don’t let the family mess up all your hard work.
    Goodnight everyone, sleep well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Thank you for your kind words for my crystal art, glad you like it.
    It took me a couple of months to finish, didn't sit on it every day. You need a good light Brenda when doing it for the crystals are pretty small 😄
    I hope you all have had a nice day and had time to do what you wanted to do. We had a outing this morning to IKEA and then went shopping in Asda. Back home I was knackered so read a bit and just was watching some TV. A serie on Netflix called Unbelievable is what we were watching tonight. Worth watching if you have the channel.
    Have a good night everyone, many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete