Sunday 16 July 2023

Our Bright & Beautiful Challenge Cards

 






Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

We had a brighter day yesterday, it was incredibly windy all day but the sun did try to show his face most of the afternoon,  there was a lot more flying at the Air Tattoo yesterday,  which made up for the lack of flying on Friday, the Prince & Princess of Wales visited the Air show yesterday with their children,  such a shame the weather was so awful as they wouldn't have seen any of the flying displays.  

Sadly I was stuck in bed most of the day, I'm not sure if its down to the antibiotics or the infection resisting them!  Either way I felt awful, I have taken my last antibiotic (at midnight last night) so fingers crossed they worked.

Tbe girls had the day off due to not being able to get to work because of the Air Show traffic, so they had quite a productive day packing up their bedrooms!  Paul was busy up and down the loft ladder. So hopefully progress us being made!  

Let's have a look at the Challenge projects that you have made. ....

Your Challenge Projects 


Lilian 







Lilian's Description:

Here are my cards for this week
1/ Tim Holtz floral boarder stamp, coloured with my zig water colour pens, it’s a bit bright, but I quite like it.
2/ stamp , positive thoughts, clear embossing powder, then rubbed on , garden green, old olive and pear pizzazz.
3/ floral stamp again, coloured with my old water colours, lemon yellow, yellow ochre, and a little carmine red. Fussy cut and then stuck on stencilled background, using one of Lavinia stencils.
Hope you are getting plenty of rest. Lilian

Oh Lilian your cards absolutely blew me away when I opened your message, WOW!  All 3 cards are so beautiful,  that first card that you coloured with your Zig pens is Stunning, the colours are so rich, your colouring skills are just a joy to look at. Card 2 is green, so obviously gives me joy, I have that stamp set and love it !  
Card 3:  WOW again,  your watercoloured floral stamp is beautiful,  your Watercolouring has added so much interest to the stamped image,  it works so well on that stencilled background too.  

Thank you so much for 3 stunning cards, I can tell how much enjoyed making them XXX



Janet 


Janet's Description:

Here is my card for this weeks challenge,  I used 'everything TONIC to create the card.
The dies were bought many years ago the same goes for the attachments.

Such a lovely card Janet, those die cut pink elements are so beautiful and work perfectly with those little leaves.
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely XXX 




Karen

Karen's Description:

Here’s a Thrinchie (the last one!) for this week’s challenge 
Background is the baking paper technique using DO Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry 
Stamps #540 for background 
#535 and #567 for focal elements

Absolutely gorgeous Thrinchie Karen,  I love the colours you have used too, those ticket shaped florals are lovely, you have coloured them perfectly too.
Thank you so much for taking part Karen XXX 


Maria


Maria has made 2 super cute cards, I think they are Hunkydory kits, which are perfect for when you need a card in a hurry, they are always finished beautifully too.
Thank you so much for taking part XXX 



Sonia


Sonia's Description:  

I made this card for Hayley’s Graduation. I’ve used a Polkadoodles digi image. The stamped sentiment is from My Favourite Things. The flower from Gummiapan.

Oh Sonia what an absolutely gorgeous image, I love the colours so much 😍.  I bet Hayley was blown away when she opened it bless her.  Your Gummiapan flower is the perfect finishing touch.  Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 


Sue


Sue has made two fantastic, bright & Cheerful cards, perfect for this weeks challenge.  What a great idea to use the large letter dies to cut lovely bright letters and then finishing off with a coordinating paper strip along the bottom.

Thank you so much Sue for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 

***************

Oh Wow what at stunning display Ladies, so many bright & beautiful cards, thank you all so very much ❤️ 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards ladies You have given me loads of inspiration
    I have now finished the Thrinchie challenge - Tracy Evans set it for doing daily last September! Al I need to do now is write up and add the techniques I tried I have to say some worked better than others but that’s the joy of doing a journal
    I got Top Rink yesterday! The wind was awful but luckily the rain held off We’re playing again today
    I hope you’re beginning to feel better SANDRA Just carry on resting for now
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    What a lot of beautiful cards to enjoy. It’s so nice to see all of the cheerful colours.
    Lilian your first card is fantastic, the colours are amazing along with your perfect shading/blending.
    Sandra, I do hope you start to feel better now you have finished the antibiotics. Please rest up again today though. Paul and the girls were busy yesterday weren’t they. I hope the girls were able to drive to and from work without too many hold ups! Xx
    The weather will have put some people off going to Fairford. It’s always a shame when the weather spoils any shows, fetes etc.
    We are going out today to try and decide what we are going to use on our little bit of front garden. At the moment it is covered with pea shingle but it needs topping up or replacing along with the old weed control matting. That’s todays plan at the moment anyway.
    Have a good good day whatever you do. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love all of the beautiful cards today, they’re stunning 😍
    If any one ever needs to make a graduation card for a female, let me know - I’d be more than happy to send the image to you 😊
    Hope you can have another relaxing day Sandra, rest is the best medicine 🥰
    Karen, well done on your bowling results, hope today’s goes well.
    Lilian, hope you’re having a lovely time with your family.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Fantastic cards this week to inspire us for another week of Happy and Colourful cards. <3
    Lilian, love the strong colours on the flowers.
    Sonia, great card for Haylay's graduation. Did you print it in colour ?
    I have some ideas but sadly my body have had some other ideas so went to my Honkeydory sets I have collected over the years of crafting.
    Sandra, let the family do most of the packing up for the move and make sure you get plenty of rest. Wishing you better.
    Wish you all had a nice day and managed to do what you wanted. Take care, hugs to all Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, yes it’s a pre-coloured digi 😊 xx

      Delete
    2. Beautiful. Wished I could colour in like that, when I
      try I don't like seeing any white bits and never knew
      where the shadows should be 😕 I just Teddy again,
      my isn't he getting big. Beautiful baby and daddy 😊❤

      Delete
  5. Hello everyone, heavy rain showers today, poor R has been in and out with the washing all day.
    Had a lovely visit with daughter and Son in law. They left this morning so feeling a bit down now. The time just flies by while they are here.

    Really lovely selection of cards today, all so different, loved this challenge, glad we have another week with this challenge.

    Hope you all had a lovely weekend, and hope you are feeling better Sandra. Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete