Thursday 6 July 2023

A stencilled Christmas card

 



Good Morning Ladies,  

Wow its Thursday already!  This week has flown, probably because we have been too'ing and fro'ing to Doctor's,  they called again yesterday to say that the sample I took in had Blood, infection fighting cells etc in so I had to start the antibiotics that I really didn't want to take 😢  I started them after the surgery called and had a headache and nausea for the rest of the day, I am hoping that the supplements I have taken have reversed the resistance my body had built up after having so many from last August through to February!   It's frightening to think this UTI cycle has being going on so long! (and we are no nearer a diagnosis) ! 

Anyway let's talk about something fun, todays card is going to give you a sneek peek of a couple of my purchases from last Sunday,  Lucy on the Sweet Poppy Stamps stand was creating beautiful Christmas cards with their new bauble stencil, it has a slightly more elongated tip which looks more elegant I think, it was a bit of a fiddle trying to mask that little tip off though when it came to stamping the Stampscapes scene across the bauble that I had lightly inked (but not lightly enough) with Speckled Egg Distress oxide ink.  After the scene stamp I simply added the tree and the Stag (all stamped in Archival Coffee) which is softer than stamping in black and the brown ink compliments the Speckled egg DO too.                                                                         Now came the tricky part....what to put on the top, the card that Lucy (from Sweet Poppy stamps) added some of their die cut Holly leaves to hers, but I didn't have those, so I tried a bow in a shade very similar to speckled egg and then I cut some poinsettia petals/leaves in a very similar style to the Holly leaves on the demonstrated card.  I cannot make my mind up so I shared a photo of both options,  see what you think.  I finished the card with sentiments from a stamp set I bought from Sweet Poppy too. 

I hope that you all see that lovely warm sunshine today, it really does help lift your mood,

Love and hugs too all of you 

Sandra xxx

 

5 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    SANDRA I love love today's cards. Your second one is my favourite.

    We haven't had alot of sunshine this week. My trips to the surgery have been between rain. Anyway my last trip this week is tomorrow and then I'm looking forward to a lazy week-end before starting again on Monday.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the antibiotics do the trick Let’s hope the scan can help with a diagnosis and a proper solution is met
    I love both versions of your card but my favourite is the one with the bow
    We’re out this evening dancing but hopefully a little bit of crafting this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone
    Gorgeous cards Sandra . I love them both but I would say the one with the bow is a favourite.
    Hoping you feeling better soon and the antibiotics will help.
    Brenda, so sorry you are in so much pain. It's no fun to be in pain 24/7. Hoping you feel better by tomorrow.
    OH has gone out doing the shopping, I'm not with it really so just taking it easy. Hope to craft this afternoon.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    I love both of your cards today, they’re stunning 😍 I do prefer the second one with the poinsettia leaves, it’s definitely ‘up there’ with Lucy’s demo card 😍
    Work was busy today so I’m spending the rest of the day relaxing.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Both versions are lovely, hard to choose a favourite though. You have put down just the right amount of speckled egg. I’m sure when I have a go it will take several attempts as you know how heavy handed I am! 🤭 Hoping the meds are starting to kick in now. See you bright and early my lovely xx
    So much for an early night as I had planned. Never mind I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete