Sunday 30 July 2023

Our Use up your Background cards Challenge

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 



Karen 


Karen's Description:

Here’s a background made of a laminating sheet with glitter and small stars trapped inside So easy to do but have decided chunky glitter would have been better 
Can’t get a photo of the shine.
I made a frame to hide the glue from the laminator sheet.

Karen I remember having a go at this technique when you shared it with us a while back, its so hard to capture how sparkly things are but I can imagine that chunky glitter just lights up when the sun or your Christmas lights hit it. The pretty poinsettias look so delcate in vellum,  the gold foliage ties in beautifully with the sentiment.  
Thank you so much for taking part Karen XXX 


Sonia


Sonia's Description:

I used an AALL and Create stamp which I stamped a few times to build up a background. I used distress oxides, and spritzed with water before stamping. Tim Holtz butterfly and The Stamp Market sentiment..

Such a lovely card Sonia, such a simple background idea but boy does it look incredible!  The butterfly and sentiment embellish the background perfectly while allowing the background to shinem
Thank you so much for getting a card made after such a busy week XXX


Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

This is my card for this week, I call it faux scraps.

I used washy tape to mask of random shapes.
Then used all the tiny stamps, different I each shape.
Allowed to dry the used my Japanese water colours to fill in the background.
Tim Holtz stickers to add the messages.
Have a good day. Lilian

Wow, wow wow!  I absolutely love the technique you had used, your design is so bright and colourful and it looks like a collection of little works of art!! 
So incredibly inspirational,  thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Maria



Maria's Description:


1 I found a piece leftover from Gilding flakes. Cut the card with the die, kept it in and stamped a happy birthday with new stamp from temu.

2  is made from a piece with Glitter paste through a Stencil. Made a Heat embossed Frame in black and a little flower with some Crystals.

Oh Maria I love that die you have used on your first card,  is that a Temu one?  It looks so effective with the Gilding Flakes behind. 
That stencil you have used for your second card background is amazing,  I love the pattern and having the glitter makes it a real celebration card 

Thank you so much for takibg part in the Challenge Maria XXX


************************

We have all been hoarding some amazing backgrounds,  its lovely to see them being used 
Thank you all for supporting the challenge ❤️

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    from a very grey and damp Marigny
    We have continued to have a mixture of weather but still lovely to be here.

    Now I have some very sad news - we have decided to sell Marigny. We have had her for 25yrs and you all know how much we enjoy the peace and quiet and beauty of the surrounding countryside but things change and it has got to the time when travelling six hours either side of the channel is just too much and our health has changed. We will take the first steps while we are here for the next four weeks.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards ladies Many of the techniques I will be trying
    How sad Janet that you need to sell Marigney It will be such a wrench but maybe you’ll be able to find a happy place/sanctuary in the UK - less travelling and border hassle
    I must must must finish a couple of projects and tidy up my craft room - rest of house got done yesterday as we’re on grandparent duty next week!
    Take care everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, very windy and heavy showers.

    Love all the cards today, Maria that die is very unusual.

    Janet sorry to hear that you are having to give up your place to retreat. As Karen had said maybe try and find something nearer home.
    Sandra hope the mini move went well yesterday and the weather wasn’t too bad. Quiet day here today, maybe sort out some bits for next week. Have a lovely Sunday, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the beautiful cards today 😍
    Janet, I’m sorry to hear your news to sell Marigny. Totally understandable though and as Karen said, maybe you can find something closer to home. I’m sure you will treasure the years of happy memories of your time there 🥰
    Hope you’re all having a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love all the cards ladies.
    Lilian, your different bits of stamps are lovely . My die is from Temu yes and I found them good. It's meant to have been cut out but I left it in 😊
    Janet, sad to hear you have decided to sell Marigny but understand . The journey is long on both sides. Make the most of the time you have and hopefully the weather be good too.
    Oh Sonia, baby Teddy is just gorgeous. Sure you had many cuddles. Feeling a bit envious of you grandmother's. If I ever became one, they would be abroad. Now I understand my parents when I left.
    It's been a very wet day here today and I never got to do what I had planned instead I had a sleep this afternoon and we are having a take away this evening. Tomorrow is another day.
    Sending many hugs to you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete