Tuesday 11 July 2023

A Fun Embossing Powder Background


 

Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a windy day here yesterday it was still fairly humid (well to me it was) 😓 😰.  We had the Gas Engineer in doing Annual checks, he kept leaving the front door open so doors were slamming and banging all over the house!  He was here for over 2 hours, he made some interesting points though... 

We have reported a few times that we can't use the fireplace as smoke leaks into Sophie's bedroom, 18 months on, nothing has been done, he pointed out today that if new occupants used fire and weren't aware of the chimney leaking it could have disastrous consequences as its carbon monoxide leaking,  he suggested that we lit fire and had a carbon monoxide detector near to where it leaks, that way if we report that the alarm has gone off they HAVE to do something, although they should have done something straight away anyway!!   I will definitely make a point of writing to the new occupants and bring the faults to their attention just to be safe.  

A busy day for me today, blood test this morning, then Scan at 12.30pm.  I wonder if I will get any results today, or have to wait for someone to look at scan and send results back to GP, fingers crossed they give me results.  Waiting is so frustrating 😫 

Today's card was made using a super fun technique with Embossing Powders,  you literally take a piece of baking paper, fold it in half and sprinkle Embossing powders (different colours or shades of one colour) the powders I used had white embossing powder included in the mix, it was these....   



Once you are happy with your arrangement of powders,  fold the baking paper over and start to heat set, but with this technique you actually touch your heat gun down onto baking paper pressing lightly to squish the molten powders, allow to cool for a few seconds and then carefully peel back the baking paper to reveal your creation 😍 ....


You can also add the powders directly onto your card and then cover with baking paper and do the same as above, this time its automatically ashered to your card, whereas the piece that's created inside folded baking paper can be gently peeled off and can be added to anything with a little glue.  

I mounted my piece onto a piece a bright pink piece of card, picking out the pink embossing powder.  I added a simple sentiment so that the amazing background is the star of the show.  A few sparkle sequins to finish the fun look. 

If you want me to show you how to do this technique, just let me know. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card and this technique. Your choice of embossing powders are beautiful 😍 I have tried this before but at the time was very limited with powders, so my results were no where near as pretty as yours. You’ve really inspired me to have another go 😊
    Back to work today, and I’m hoping it’s a little quieter than the last few days I worked.
    Hope your blood tests and scan go well, fingers crossed they can give you some results. Sending hugs xx
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty and I will be having a go at this technique It’s a little bit different
    I hope the blood test and scan go OK I hate to say it but I doubt very much that you’ll get any results today They’re usually sent back to GP/consultant etc
    I’m out later with daughter She is having a trial run of hair style for her wedding I may get to craft too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card, love the technique you have used and I too will have a go on trying it.
    Hope everything went well today and you get the results soon.
    Washing, cleaning ( SIL is coming for the day tomorrow) and Lidl shopping today so now I'm just going to do some crystals before time to start the dinner. It was Greek week down at Lidl so going to try a few things 😊
    Hope you all have had a good day whatever you have been doing and that aches have been a bit lighter. Take care. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, blowing a gale here, towels almost taking off.

    Sandra, great new technique, not sure I’d be much good at as I tend to overheat my embossing powder, have a new versamark coming today so hope that might help.

    I finished another card today, it’s certainly colourful, almost psychedelic. Would have great in the sixties.
    Sandra hope you are not feeling too sore and that you get your results soon.
    Good rest of the day all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. This card is lovely. You don’t need to do anything else do you after that simple sentiment. Another good one in different colours for the men too. What a great technique that I want to try. I hope you aren’t uncomfortable after todays tests. Fingers crossed you get results and treatments very soon my lovely xx
    The weather has been changeable here all day with very heavy rain at times. Nice and warm but not humid for a change. I am off to start my challenge card in a minute. Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love this card, great technique, the colours are so pretty and the sentiment perfect although almost any sentiment would work well with this artwork. Thank you for sharing xx
    Hope your appointment went well today and you are not in any discomfort after all the prodding. Try and take things easy for the next few days.
    Take care my lovely, sending gentle hugs your way. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete